PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Plans

Ben
05-28-2005, 03:22 AM
Well, summer is almost here (except for out friends down under). Most people have vacations in summer, and I'm curious what everyone has planned. Personally I'm working all summer, but my job is so great, I don't mind. My big vacation comes next year.

So what's everyone else doing? Taking any trips? Anyone comming to PEI? I'll mix you a special new shooter I invented called "chainsaw in my eye"

Ben

ladymako71
05-28-2005, 05:27 AM
lessee? On National Molson Day (july 1) for you lot up north, I'm packing up for a week of camping on a lake with a mate and her family. I have no plans of leaving the water unless it's to eat or it's bedtime. =p

And in the end of August, me and another mate are pissing off with her folks down to Disneyland to terrorize the good wholesome families and get a bit of that 50th anniversary thing in for ourselves. I have great expectations for both trips. ^^

syvalois
05-28-2005, 08:19 AM
I don't have plan for vacation this summer. It's more working, working, working and some little good time in the week end. Like going to the chesse festival at Warwick, or doing " la route des cidres (cider road) or at 'village d'antan'(http://www.villagequebecois.com) at Drummondville, you know, that kind of stuff.

Phil
05-28-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm pencilling in San Diego, but the next few weeks shall be make or break for that....

Mokole
05-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Eh, maybe a trip to Drumheller, maybe northern B.C. , maybe Winnipeg, likely Mid Saskatchewan, see what time and money et al allows.

birdygirl
05-29-2005, 10:27 AM
My family and I plan to go to the Baltimore and Washington, DC area at the end of June, and stop by Atlantic City on the way back. We also have season passes to Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor, (the latter is a great water park!). :D

rplass
05-29-2005, 12:29 PM
I only go on one vacation a year, and that's to Central America in January. I like take a few days off besides for that trip, but with the baby coming, I have to save them. I'd love to visit PEI some day, thanks for the invitation to stay at your place and the free drinks. Anyone coming to NYC soon? I'd love to have visitors come over and gawk at my absurd AF collection.

Love,
rplass

syvalois
05-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I'd love to visit PEI some day, thanks for the invitation to stay at your place and the free drinks. Anyone coming to NYC soon? I'd love to have visitors come over and gawk at my absurd AF collection.

Love,
rplass

Never been to PEI or New York. Something, I would like to rectify in the near future, but not this year:) Funny, when you think, I've been in Vancouver or Houston, but Not New York.

Harfang
05-29-2005, 01:24 PM
hi all ,
I plan to go in Spain (south) and may be in Scotland

ladymako71
05-30-2005, 07:14 AM
hi all ,
I plan to go in Spain (south) and may be in Scotland

Mmmm Scotland...the chance to spot hot dudes running around in skirts. =)

Ben
05-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Mmmmm, Scotland....Scotch....

Ben

HappyCanuck
05-31-2005, 08:16 AM
bah!! Summer is our busy time of year at work - the book we use to book of time doesn't even HAVE July or August in it. I gotta wait til September or later before I get any holidays...

Legerd
06-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I hear you HC. Summer is also our busy season at the track so I always save all my holiday time and take December off.

ladymako71
06-02-2005, 04:22 AM
December is the last month I can even think of for time off...but then I'm in the postal industry, so I get in the last two weeks of open holiday to rest up for two months of sheer torture.

kozzi24
06-02-2005, 09:57 AM
I just got back from a week-long trip to Istanbul (not Constantinople).
Great trip...beautiful city, very safe, especially considering all the concerns people expressed about me (as an American) going to such a Muslim place.

HappyCanuck
06-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Great trip...beautiful city, very safe, especially considering all the concerns people expressed about me (as an American) going to such a Muslim place.

Actually, for anyone who knows anything about Turkey, it's actually a very tolerant place compared to other nations of Islam. the Turks generally don't share the same world views as the Middle East - even their women (compared to those in such places as Afganistan, Iran and Saudi Arabia) are considered equals (well, not QUITE equals, but in contrast they are). In fact, one article I read (if I can find it, I'll try to post it in an edit) said that there are more hostilities between Turkey and other Islamic nations for that fact than the ones between such places as Palestine and Israel, or, in some regards, the US and Iraq! The reasons they are very rarely brought to light are because a) the Turks generally downplay it and b) it's mostly diplomatic hostility, instead of armed hostility.

Ben
06-02-2005, 11:30 AM

I'm jealous! Turkey is one of my top spots to visit!

Ben

PWalk
06-06-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm staying on this hemisphere this year with a couple of short sports hall of fame trips. I already did the Baseball HOF this past week and it's off to Canada for the hockey HOF followed with the pro football HOF in Canton, OH.
Late in September brings me and the ladyfriend to Deadwood, South Dakota for a week of hiking the woods and gaming at night.

rplass
06-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Ah, don't forget the Lacrosse HOF on the grounds of The Johns Hopkins University Campus in Baltimore, MD. It's a great trip and "Charm City" is a great place to visit.

Love,
rplass

PWalk
06-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Ah, don't forget the Lacrosse HOF on the grounds of The Johns Hopkins University Campus in Baltimore, MD. It's a great trip and "Charm City" is a great place to visit.

Love,
rplass

I've been there as well. Been playing Lacrosse for 10 years now.

kozzi24
06-07-2005, 12:26 PM

I'm jealous! Turkey is one of my top spots to visit!

Ben
Was worth the trip, very happy I went, and the fears from other people proved unfounded, but that may have also been because I believe in blending into other cultures rather than being the stereotypical loud fat obnoxious American.
Don't get a hotel near a mosque, tho...they broadcast the chants five or so times a day on loudspeakers...including at dawn! Nothing like a foreign chant that does sound something like a barnyard animal being tortured before the slaughter being broadcast at 4:30 AM every morning!

Most of the women there did NOT look like happy people, and I saw only TWO women who were working outside-the-home jobs in the entire week. Turks may be too "liberal" for the Middle East, but they do share the culture.

kozzi24
06-07-2005, 12:35 PM
This is the Blue Mosque, taken from the hotel room. There's another in "Everything Else" of me in front of the mosque from another angle...dark picture, tho.
http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=328

And I can never link the pics correctly... :cry: [/right]