PDA

View Full Version : It's Quiet In Here Again So...

Legerd
07-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Time for another stupid question.

If your life had a theme song what would it be? It can be any song by anyone.

Powersurge
07-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Hmmmmmm. Ummmmmmm, "Everytime You Go" by the Hip?!?!?

Le Messor
07-16-2005, 10:21 PM
'Who Wants to Live Forever', by Queen (my fave)...

Or 'I Don't Believe in Love', by Queensrÿche...

Or... Nah, this is about to get morbid.
:twisted:

- Le Messor
"Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles; Even if the gun is loaded, and the deer is in sight."

Mokole
07-17-2005, 12:55 AM
"Armagedon" by Prism? Nah. But a great theme for Alpha Flight!

"Baby, Now that I've Found You" by Alison Krause, maybe?

I don't think I have a true-life theme song. :shock:

ladymako71
07-17-2005, 11:35 AM
'nother Queen junkie here...don't mind me

I Want It All!

It calls to the inner megalomaniac in me ^^

Le Messor
07-24-2005, 09:52 AM
'nother Queen junkie here. I Want It All!
It calls to the inner megalomaniac in me ^^

:twisted: Excellent choice!
I've noticed a few of us around here.

- Le Messor
"And I want it now!"

HappyCanuck
07-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Yet ANOTHER Queen junkie (I'm noticing a correlation):

Toss up between Another One Bites The Dust and the Show Must Go On...

PWalk
07-25-2005, 11:37 AM
"Futterman's Rule" by the Beastie Boys. Look up the lyrics.

Phil
07-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Carly Simon's Nobody Does It Better 8)

rplass
07-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Are you sure you don't mean, Carly Simon's, You're So Vain?

HA! J/K!

If my life had a theme song, I'd pick Dr. Worm by They Might Be Giants.

Love,
rplass

Big Boss
07-29-2005, 05:59 AM
That song...you know, in Highlander, where the Kurgan first hows up and he's driving that 80's car (I love the way cars were made before the 90's, because nowadays they look like they're made for ladies) and it's got that rock playing...I like that song.

HappyCanuck
07-29-2005, 11:34 AM
oooooh!!! Okay, I'm liking Boss more (dispite a specific *other* post)... another Queen fan! (wish I could remember the name of the damned song!!)

DelBubs
07-30-2005, 04:58 PM
That song...you know, in Highlander, where the Kurgan first hows up and he's driving that 80's car (I love the way cars were made before the 90's, because nowadays they look like they're made for ladies) and it's got that rock playing...I like that song.
I believe it's Princes Of The Universe'.
Newsreader "A Mans body, found next to a decapitated head, a head that at this point has no name"
Kurgan"I Know His Name"
Music"Here we are, born to be king, we're the 'Princes of the Universe"

Could be wrong.

HappyCanuck
07-30-2005, 10:24 PM
I believe it's Princes Of The Universe'.
Newsreader "A Mans body, found next to a decapitated head, a head that at this point has no name"
Kurgan"I Know His Name"
Music"Here we are, born to be king, we're the 'Princes of the Universe"

Could be wrong.

Nope, sorry, Del. Princes of the universe was shown at the very beggining, shortly after Connor's intro, but that's it. it was a different song used for the car/fright scene.... gonna have to wathc the movie again...

Big Boss
07-31-2005, 12:38 AM
FYI, I'm not a huge Queen fan, but I like much of their stuff a lot. I think they were pretty talented. Also, I like Pink Floyd, but I'm not incredibly familiar with either band. Personally, I can't stand how stupid today's young folks are (I'm aware that I'm only 20, but you get what I mean)-they think that rap, pop and hip-hop are music. I actually find that offensive, because those things really AREN'T music. You want better music than that? Eat a can of refried beans and listen to the results. Also, the fright scene when the Kurgan has that lady in the car on the bridge didn't have the same music as the part where the Kurgan is driving into NYC, the fright scene's one is "New York" (the song done by Frank Sinatra), but redone by Queen.

But yeah, I think Queen rules.

Le Messor
07-31-2005, 01:30 AM
And the winner is...

"Gimme The Prize". Excellent song! So perfect for the Kurgan.

I like Pink Floyd, too, but they're not exactly my favourite band. (Unlike Queen. :)
I don't mind rap, hip hop does nothing for me, but I refuse to fall into the trap of calling either 'not music' as classical snobs do to rock fans (I like some classical, too, btw).

But I get a little down when I see a fifteen year old wearing, say, a Pink Floyd t-shirt. I think 'Excellent taste, but I'm so sorry you don't have anything good of your own', y'know?
(Btw, there's good bands now; Evanescence and The Tea Party spring to mind.)

- Le Messor
"Disco is to music what Etch-A-Sketch is to art."

Big Boss
07-31-2005, 02:54 AM
Was Gimme the Prize done by Queen? If not them, then who? It seems like a classic piece of 1980's hard rock. I miss that decade...

BTW, the only classical music song I like is Ride of the Valkyries.

Le Messor
08-02-2005, 12:42 AM
'Gimme The Prize' is by Queen.
I miss the period, too.

Ride of the Valkyries is good, but my fave classical piece is 'O Fortuna' by Orff.

- Le Messor
"Give me your kings--
Let me squeeze them in my hand!"

Legerd
08-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey folks, let's stick to the topic: What would be the theme song for your life?

DelBubs
08-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey folks, let's stick to the topic: What would be the theme song for your life?
'Life is a lemon and I want my money back' by Meatloaf

Barnacle13
08-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Was Gimme the Prize done by Queen? If not them, then who? It seems like a classic piece of 1980's hard rock. I miss that decade...

BTW, the only classical music song I like is Ride of the Valkyries.

I love Puccini's "Turandot". Wagner is up there too! But then I took a class in college that gave me a greater appreciation of classical music, opera, and musical theatre.