PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch CONFIRMED as Marvel Legends 12 Figure

Defunct
07-22-2005, 05:45 PM
This list (http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1995758) was just posted on the ADCtalk forums by a guy who is pretty much always right with his "insider info". It's a fairly comprehensive list of the Marvel Legends toys are planned to be released.

Take a look name sixth from the bottom. . .

Ben
07-23-2005, 03:08 AM
sweeeet, I would obviously be buying that bad-boy! Nice to see that AF is still getting some action with this, the busts ect. Marvel hasn't completly forsaken us!

Ben

Defunct
07-23-2005, 12:12 PM
I just hope to God they sade him off Clayton's version. . .

Sas has always acted badass, but ANADAF was the only book to truly make him look badass.

PWalk
07-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Sassy being included is great but I'd love to see Puck.

cmdrkoenig67
07-25-2005, 02:04 AM
Cool.....The Wendigo is there too(and Spider-Woman...who'll I'll also have to get).

Dana :D :D :D :D :D

PWalk
07-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Now it begs the question...

What comic do you include with the figure?

I kind like the idea of AF#1 (vol.1) It gives a decent introduction while also highlighting the teams other members. Plus the panels where Sassy hits Tundra and just starts ripping him to shreads is the moment where I became a Sasquatch fan.

Phil
07-25-2005, 08:33 PM
I'd hope for the issue with the Sas origin back up (I'm intoxicated and seperated from my collection, so fill in issue number here>> --) buuuuuuuuut I imagine it'll be a volume 3 one....

Garry/Al-Fan
07-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Sas has always acted badass, but ANADAF was the only book to truly make him look badass.

Except he didn't behave like a badass in ANADAF, either physically as Sasquatch or mentally as Dr. Walter Langkowski. He was ineffective, and only beat up women. [Whatever he did to the plodex-clone-synthoids in # 4 was not shown]

cmdrkoenig67
07-26-2005, 09:07 PM

Except he didn't behave like a badass in ANADAF, either physically as Sasquatch or mentally as Dr. Walter Langkowski. He was ineffective, and only beat up women. [Whatever he did to the plodex-clone-synthoids in # 4 was not shown]

Omigosh...You're right, Garry...I didn't think about that till now...he barely lifted a superstrong finger in the series...nor did he flex that amazing brain as he should have...that's pretty sad.

Dana

Defunct
07-26-2005, 09:10 PM

Omigosh...You're right, Garry...I didn't think about that till now...he barely lifted a superstrong finger in the series...nor did he flex that amazing brain as he should have...that's pretty sad.

Dana
I have to hope that's sarcasm. . .

It was crappily written, but he spent the whole fricking series beating things up or "deducing". Coming up with the Deus ex Machina for ending the whole time travel thing certainly took brains.

And badass or not within ANADAF, he was certainly well established as such previously. And he looked it finally.

Garry/Al-Fan
07-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Sasquatch's appearance is beyond debate: Clayton Henry outdid himself and makes Sasquatch look like a force to be reckoned with. Too bad he is not shown or written to match the depiction.

Asking Shaman to fix things after Nemesis ran the whole team through is not very indicative of Walt flexing his intellectual genius.

That lame-duck "let's take the Plodex-eggs back to their homeworld" ending is just goofy. What's going to happen to AF once they get there?
Dissected, if they're lucky.

cmdrkoenig67
07-26-2005, 09:34 PM

Dana
I have to hope that's sarcasm. . .

It was crappily written, but he spent the whole fricking series beating things up or "deducing". Coming up with the Deus ex Machina for ending the whole time travel thing certainly took brains.

And badass or not within ANADAF, he was certainly well established as such previously. And he looked it finally.

No way....a lot of the action took place off panel(if you didn't notice).

Dana

Barnacle13
07-27-2005, 10:12 AM
No way....a lot of the action took place off panel(if you didn't notice).

Dana[/quote]

And isn't that what everyone buys comics for? Off panel action! What use is a powerhouse like Sasquatch if all of his action is going to be off panel? May as well be the Amazing Aardvark kicking Plodex tail off panel. For all we know he showed up mysteriously and did said butt kicking and Sas just took credit. I'm sorry, Dana! A big, furry, orange behemoth should be depicted ripping Plodex apart as aoften as possible. Comics are an action medium. Why would you want to put so much action off panel? If I didn't see it then how do I know how effective Sas was in battle? If I hadn't seen him throw a plane at the X-men I probably would have thought he was just a big fuzz ball. But having seen it I could only state in complete awe," Holy crap! That thing is strong!" Give me action on panel or tell me about it over a beer at the local pub. Don't describe it to me as you mop your brow of sweat from exertion. Give me action ofr give Alpha death! Oh wait that's already been done! In that case, next time give me action.

PWalk
07-27-2005, 10:39 AM
I had a nightmare last night. I was in a store looking for the new Sasquatch Marvel Legends figure when all I could find was Wyre instead.

I woke up screaming. :lol:

cmdrkoenig67
07-27-2005, 02:24 PM
And isn't that what everyone buys comics for? Off panel action! What use is a powerhouse like Sasquatch if all of his action is going to be off panel? May as well be the Amazing Aardvark kicking Plodex tail off panel. For all we know he showed up mysteriously and did said butt kicking and Sas just took credit. I'm sorry, Dana! A big, furry, orange behemoth should be depicted ripping Plodex apart as aoften as possible. Comics are an action medium. Why would you want to put so much action off panel? If I didn't see it then how do I know how effective Sas was in battle? If I hadn't seen him throw a plane at the X-men I probably would have thought he was just a big fuzz ball. But having seen it I could only state in complete awe," Holy crap! That thing is strong!" Give me action on panel or tell me about it over a beer at the local pub. Don't describe it to me as you mop your brow of sweat from exertion. Give me action ofr give Alpha death! Oh wait that's already been done! In that case, next time give me action.

No need apologizing to me, Barn...I'm right there with you...I want to see Sassy knocking villians into orbit or pounding things into the pavement. Off-panel action is for the birds.

Dana

Garry/Al-Fan
07-30-2005, 02:19 PM
And isn't that what everyone buys comics for? Off panel action! What use is a powerhouse like Sasquatch if all of his action is going to be off panel? .... A big, furry, orange behemoth should be depicted ripping Plodex apart as often as possible. Comics are an action medium. Why would you want to put so much action off panel? If I didn't see it then how do I know how effective Sas was in battle? If I hadn't seen him throw a plane at the X-men I probably would have thought he was just a big fuzz ball....

I looked at the TPB with issue 4 in it and Sasquatch congratulates Zuzha on her fight with the Plodex. Since it wasn't shown, I don't know if Walt did anything! His actions up to and through the Flashback arc indicate he probably did nothing or very little of real consequence. I would've preferred a page of Sasquatch "ripping Plodex apart" in exchange for (or in addition to) the dancing-Sasquatch page, which didn't quite work for me.

On-panel action. It's got to be there. Especially for Sasquatch, who gets beat by every Tom, Dick, and Harry this side of Aunt May (on-panel).

Defunct
07-30-2005, 04:14 PM
I love how a thread about an AF-member possiby getting a high-quality mass-release toy and actually being recognized as a "legend" of the Marvel Universe has turned in to a "MAN! Did Volume 3 suck balls or what?!" thread.

cmdrkoenig67
07-30-2005, 05:21 PM
hey...we're still discussing the character, right?

Dana
:D

Bah!
07-30-2005, 11:13 PM
"...Dont freak out or anything." Ha! Too late! :mrgreen:

I'm a Marvel Legends geek/whore/junkie and have been collecting the line a long time (after not really buying toys since Bryne was on Alpha :wink: ). Got a whole website devoted to them (http://www.speakeasy.org/~william3000/mlg/index.html) and all . I've been waiting and hoping. Still hoping actually--as good as the signs are that it's for reals, I won't believe it till I see all the orange fur glory hanging on a peg somehwere.

And I wouldn't rule out a Puck pack in either--it's still way early and alot can happen between now and production.

Phil
07-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Sasquatch offered to make me a member of Alpha Flight off-panel, y'know....

Ben
07-31-2005, 04:26 AM
Sasquatch offered to make me a member of Alpha Flight off-panel, y'know....

You too? Jeez, now I don't feel so special and unique :(

Ben

Phil
07-31-2005, 07:14 AM
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam as well.

I'm this years Wolverine dontchaknow....

Defunct
08-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Toyfare #98 (due out in comic stores this Wednesday) will reportedly feature Marvel Legends wave 12, which contains the following figures:

Iron Fist
Astonishing Wolverine
Bishop
X-23
Sasquatch
Maestro Hulk

Defunct
08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
(Sorry for the double post here, I figured nobody would notice an edit. :))

The Marvel Legends Series 12 listing didn't pan out, sadly, but X-23 was in fact confirmed for that wave, so it at least adds some credibility to the leaked list.

Defunct
08-17-2005, 12:02 AM
(three posts in a row now. . . I feel like a troll :cry: )

Sasquatch is now CONFIRMED as being in wave 12 according to the listings in the latest issue of Previews Magazine.

PWalk
08-17-2005, 10:55 AM
How badass would it be to have a Puck figure included as a pack in?

rplass
08-19-2005, 08:27 PM
http://www.geocities.com/rplass/afcollector/genx19.jpg

Love,
rplass