PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody other than me...

Big Boss
07-29-2005, 10:14 PM
think that Canada needs a much, much better military? I mean, c'mon, ours sucks. The technology is at best American hand-me-downs they stopped using before Desert Storm. The coordination stinks. The soldiers are bumbling idiots with no competence whatsoever. It's not even a real military, it's basically a makeshift peacekeeping force. The problem is that the country is so damned wimpy and full of hippies.
1966: Americans ilegally park an oil tanker up here. We do nothing.
1977: The frickin' RUSSIANS, during the Cold War make a "research station" (more like spy station) in Canadian territory. Not only did we do nothing to stop them from entering-not like we could have, since we don't have nearly enough military forces to properly patrol even a tiny piece our vast territory-but we don't even try to force them out.
1985: America parks another oil tanker up here. Yet again, we do nothing. The closest thing that happened to stopping them was when some hippies flew overhead in a helicopter and dropped miniature Canadian flags on them.
Some Date I Forgot: Danes from Denmark make a research station up here, plant their frickin' flag on Canadian territory, and we don't do jack squat.

Would America take that crap? No. Neither would England, France, or any other country. There's simply too much peaceloving bull**** in this imitation nation. If this place wasn't built by damned hippies, we'd be running the show. Let me give you an idea of exactly how crappy we are. In 1991 (I believe that was the year), the town of Oka tried to force some indians in Quebec off their ancient sacred land. The indians' men grabbed a bunch of old AK-47's, made a blockade and were ready to fight back. Untrained civillians with early Cold War era weapons versus "trained", "professional" soldiers...I bet you think that's a really unfair fight, don't you? It sure is...for the soldiers, that is.

Now, I'm not saying that they messed up because they didn't shoot the indians. That's the only thing they got right, though in fact they already made what I'd call a serious mistake because truth be told, there shouldn't be any excuse for a First World free country to use its army on its own citizens, anyways. And yes, I'm distinctly aware that those "hippie beliefs" are a reason that First World nations don't use their armies on their citizens more often, but I'd still say those damned reefersmokers done more harm than good, and I personally believe we could have given black/yellow/red/brown people civil rights without them.

Here's what pisses me off: the sheer incompetence of our armed forces ("Canadian Armed Forces"...gee, what a terrifying name that would strike fear into the hearts of our enemies, the unarmed, penniless indians of Oka, Quebec...note my sarcasm):
-1. At least a few "soldiers" (they do not have the right to call themselves that, and do not have the right to wear berets) were easily beaten up by civillians. Not only did the soldiers not manage to fend off even one of them, but they didn't even fight back.
-2. Two ordinary, average, completely normal civillians who were private journalists easily snuck past the barricade and security line put up by our "soldiers".
-3. The soldiers later on used their Chinook helicopters (which IIRC were by the early 1990's already about 30 years old) to...steal the indians' beer.

You gotta be !@#$%^ kidding me. The fact is is that if you want true peace, you must prepare for war. A country that has no military is like a man who cannot put up his fists-he will never be respected, or ever be a man at all. The language of the human race, of all Mankind is violence, and if you cannot speak, you WILL be ignored. I want Canada to be a peaceful place without gun violence and were children can walk down the street without being attacked by pedophiles, but I don't want it to be run by hippies, either. I want the best of both worlds. I want us to have a top military in case the Third World War breaks out, or something else awful. How do you get peace? With a knife. Only a fool would choose the olive branch.

Powersurge
07-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Well, while I do think that Canada needs a better armed forces, I don't think that your analysis of either the common grunt or the Oka situation is very fair.

The gods know that much has changed in the Canadian military in the past 10 years, but hitherto, it has had a reputation for producing a very well trained soldier. At the very least, our soldiers are taught to fire single shot and actually hit the target ... as opposed to having a long standing tradition of firing on friendlies and keeping the economy going by firing off as many rounds as possible.

I can't speak too much for bleeding heart civilians, who probably have never even made a fist in their life, stiking their snouts into how a, well, special forces units train their new inductees ... into the training of soldiers period. And of course, our hardware is horribly out of date. And of course, whenever there is a problem, it is somehow always the fault of some lower ranking officer, which is way to convenient.

Oka however was hardly trained soldiers vs. unschooled civilians. A good number of us Canadians, Natives no exceptions, have served as mercanaries in various conflicts. Such was the case at Oka, where we had trained, but young and entirely green soldiers with low morale facing off against men who weren't only trained as soldiers, but seasoned in the field, with a goodly number of years under their belt and every reason to fight like Hell.

Here's a question; do you have anything to say about Alpha Flight? Afterall, this list might have a Canadian theme, but it is a comicbook forum, no?

Big Boss
07-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Isn't this the miscellaneous department?

Admittedly, I only own one issue of Alpha Flight. The old ones aren't even sold anywhere anymore, or at least not in any store around this town.

burN@
07-30-2005, 03:42 AM
That's the worse BS i never heard before,...............DUDE !!!

http://www.40ozmaltliquor.com/nazi.jpg

:roll: :? =D>

http://www.sffaudio.com/images/large/SCENARIOPRODUCTIONSNaziEyesOnCanada500.jpg

http://www.teachhistory.ca/davidspencer/identity/frenchissues/lasagna+soldier.jpg
I'm proud about our soldiers, it's is the best militairy of the world, i think.
They adapting themself to the country and culture were they go on.

And we are not racist
http://www.thamike.com/fn_images/racist_2.jpg

\:D/ burN@,... i'm a Quebec separatist,... and i respect Canadien Soldiers
http://rankmaven.tripod.com/cani/LESROYAL22EREGIMENT.jpg ROYAL 22E REGIMENT (the best of world)

http://ms.radio-canada.ca/archives/2003/en/wmv/vandoos19891108et1.wmv