PDA

View Full Version : Canada is NOT safe from terrorists.

Big Boss
07-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Some folks have said that because Canada does not have the military power to bomb the Middle East, that means that the terrorists will leave us alone. Wrongo. They want to kill us, too, because like America, we're a symbol of Western culture, society, civilization and its way of life. The terrorists won't ignore us just because we can't beat them up. They're driven by their hatred-not by logic. That this country has done nothing to beef up national security means that we're blatantly asking to be attacked.

Big Boss
08-03-2005, 03:34 AM
Somebody please respond to my post, this is a good thread.

DelBubs
08-07-2005, 09:19 PM
They want to kill us, too, because like America, we're a symbol of Western culture, society, civilization and its way of life. The terrorists won't ignore us just because we can't beat them up. They're driven by their hatred-not by logic.
What a load of drivel. Muslim s do not want an all singing all dancing Islamic world, they just want foreign soldiers off their territory. I know every now and again they drag out some dingbat who shouts about the Crescent Moon flag flying from Western buildings, but it's a minority.

As for Canada being a target, if they have troops anywhere in the middle East, then they are going to be a target. Goes with the territory. What can you do about it, sweet F.A. If some disenfranchised pathetic fruit loop is gonna strife for Martyrdom and 72 virgins, by blowing himself into little bits, taking innocents with him, then he's gonna do it. It doesn't matter how many Dudley Do-rights are running about.

Mokole
08-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Don't blame Islam for the racist bigoted terrorists, they would be the same pedophilic bigoted racist bastidges if they wre scientologists or sunnies or wiccens or zulus or baptists or atheists. They are pedophilic bigoted racist bastidges beacuse that's who they are! :!: :roll:

Mystic
08-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Now I have to stick up for Big Boss here, he did say 'terrorists', not 'Muslims'. But I would like to point out to Big Boss that there are terrorists that aren't in the Middle East, and it's rather unfair to just leave the implication that that's where all terrorists are. Let us not forget that they also exist in South America and Africa...among many other places (One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist).

On the other hand, I think that it must be pointed out that no country is really safe from terrorists. It was rather arrogant of the US to think that we were impenetrable. It's rather arrogant for any nation to think that they are above the reach of a terrorist cell. If there is determination, there is a way.

Alright...enough of the late night rambling (hey...10pm is late for me :D). I hope I've made a little sense, and if not, then I'll edit it once I'm more coherent.

-Mystic

Powersurge
08-08-2005, 12:28 PM
And let's not forget who has a nuclear arsenal capable of destroying the earth several times over, to say nothing of its conventional forces, along with an ingrained belief in its own superiority and a very bad habit of bullying those who don't support its foreign policies ... all the while mouthing rhetoric about freedom and democracy.

And then, lets not forget whose sitting on the "lifeblood", ie. the crack-cocaine, of the West.

Big Boss
08-10-2005, 06:11 AM
I'm aware that not all terrorists are muslims. There are other kinds. And I never said that all muslims are terrorists, or that being muslims is what makes them terrorists. It just pisses me off that this country isn't doing sh*t all to increase national security. The security cameras in major transit stations (that place in Toronto that looks like it was made in the Victorian period...I went there when I went to Toronto in 2003) are like 30+ years old. This country needs to be run by men who have their heads on straight, not not the dorks we have now who have their heads stuck up their asses.

HappyCanuck
08-10-2005, 07:14 AM
This country needs to be run by men who have their heads on straight, not not the dorks we have now who have their heads stuck up their asses.

Sorry, Boss, there's no such thing as a politician who doesn't have their head up some body cavity. It's against the laws of Murphy. As per the security issue, I'd hate to think it'd take another 9/11 or 7/21 to get this country off it's collective backsides, but I'm afraid that's prolly what it's going to take. we've gotten complacent as the universal 'good guys', and think that no one will attack us because everyone LIKES us....

Ben
08-10-2005, 01:42 PM
yah, let's hear it for cold war mentality. We'll get a bigger gun, then they can get a bigger gun, to out-do our bigger gun...then we will get a bigger one to "defend" outselvs against thier big gun...and so on until the gun is big enough to destroy half the planet...then we can stand there holding our collective big-guns to eachother's head wondering who's gonna pull the trigger first....common people, having a bigger "better" military is NOT the solution! Haven't we leaned anything from past mistakes? The US has the biggest-badest military in the world, and oh boy, it sure makes them safe :? . It's about time we started thinking outside of the box. Address the problems, and stop bandaiding the symptoms.

Yah, we need nukes too...umm, 'kuz "they" have 'em...right? Dirty commie bastards.

Ben

syvalois
08-11-2005, 01:11 PM
yah, let's hear it for cold war mentality. We'll get a bigger gun, then they can get a bigger gun, to out-do our bigger gun...then we will get a bigger one to "defend" outselvs against thier big gun...and so on until the gun is big enough to destroy half the planet...then we can stand there holding our collective big-guns to eachother's head wondering who's gonna pull the trigger first....common people, having a bigger "better" military is NOT the solution! Haven't we leaned anything from past mistakes? The US has the biggest-badest military in the world, and oh boy, it sure makes them safe :? . It's about time we started thinking outside of the box. Address the problems, and stop bandaiding the symptoms.

Yah, we need nukes too...umm, 'kuz "they" have 'em...right? Dirty commie bastards.

Ben

Thank you Ben. I feel better now. I don't feel safety comes from guns or the army. That is a false safety.

cmdrkoenig67
08-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Exactly....Peace enforced by the threat of massive death and destruction....Eeek! Not my kind of peace, thanks.

Dana

Powersurge
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
As the world in not populated solely by highly refined and enlightened people who are inclined to discuss matters and work them out like gentlemen, it is a good idea to know a thing or two about self defense. Even if you are weak even by conventional standards.

Afterall, you can't philosophize violence and aggression out of existence, and this is why violent and aggressive people weave world history, whilst philosophers sit back in the safety of their ivory towers and dream ... or get preyed upon and die.

Of course, violence is no place to start. One would think that violence is a last resort, which we turn to only after all other avenues for peace have been exhausted. And at that point we can feel fully justified in delivering a righteous beating on someone.

It would be neat to join the USA with Canada, in the sense that Canada leads in diplomacy and the USA acts as our obedient attack dog. It would be sad to see Canada become another USA or be absorbed into it as a subservient state, obedient to it's policies.

Insofar as we are talking the war on terrorism however, I don't think that the military is of much consequence ... irregardless of its size, aptitude, or level of tech. Its more an issue of security and intelligence, which often involved legal citizens of the very states attacked!!

Really, in a free society how can such a foe be checked? Save to alleviate whatever pressure/s are driving them to give up their life to attack. And I don't mean ther frontliners who are all stirred up with religious zeal and youthful testostrone ... no different from your youthful WEstern soldiers all high on the same and willing to run out of trench into a hail of bullets, storm a hill that command had willfully given back to the enemy three + tiems before, et al. Human males, particularly young men, will do or attmept to do just about anything, jsut for the sake of it, to say nothing of if their CO or God commands them to do it. I'm talking the deeper reasons, the real reasons.

Who knows, maybe there are just to many people in the world and we need another good war. Mother Nature's being pushed into the closet and Father Natures taking control. Nature of the beast and all that.

Anyway ...

Barnacle13
08-11-2005, 05:06 PM
There is something to be said about the fact that there are so many people in the world who can't seem to get along. Maybe it is nature's way of letting us know we're reaching the carrying capacity of this world.

Terrorism won't be beaten through force. In fact it probably aids their cause. We are making martyrs for future generations to worship. The fundamental change that has to be made is by the law abiding groups that these terrorist profess to represent. They have to stand up and clearly denounce these acts. And I know they have to some degree! But make sure it is known through actions as well as words that taking innocent lives does not make you a holy person. Excommunicate clerics and priests of a faith that support such acts. Preach that the taking of innocent lives, whether believers or nonbelievers, is against the laws of God, Allah, Buddah, Jehovah, Zeus, or whoever else you wish to worship. Burn it into the minds of the common man that Your Higher Power will see you burning in flames if you commit such acts, rather than enjoying the bounty of ambrosia and virgins. Of course this doesn't address all of the athiest terrorist cults who are performing acts of terro because it's destiny or fate that drive them to it.

Hopefully the coalition presence in Iraq and Afghanistan will catalyze some of this change. I hate to think that soldiers and citizens are dying every day for things to remain as they have.