PDA

View Full Version : The Art Of Being Inane

DelBubs
08-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Tis a strange world we live in. Some of us it would seem, spend a large part of our lives doing, saying or writing things, who's end results and the processes to those results do not actually serve any purpose. These inane actions have set my thought processes all of a flutter.

By being inane, are we just being really sad troll like people or are we actually being very clever? By the very act of being inane, it would seem that we create emotions in others that we feed off in order to escape from our own inane little worlds. This creates a quandrary, if we're inane enough to realise that we're inane and we use the very thing we so obviously hate to create the emotions so we can escape what we hate, then obviously we only become inane to escape. So that proffers the question, why become what you hate, just so you can escape from it. A classic catch 22 situation it would seem. Or maybe not.

I am more of the opinion that inane people don't actually exist, they are just people who have nothing better to do than try and upset people who's intellect makes them feel threatened and jealous.

Then again I could be wrong, but I don't seriously expect anyone to answer this subject, it's too inane :-)

beetleblack
08-02-2005, 01:15 PM
I would like to know who starts off those annoying forwarded emails with such titles as "Getting to know you" and which then contain a quiz which pertains to somehow give your friends a hidden insight into you, your psyche and your life. However with such questions as "If you were a crayon what colour would you be?" and "What is on the floor of your closet?" it's basically a huge waste of space in your inbox! I think whoever starts these off should be tracked down and made to read EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE which has ever been written to the damn things!

Ben
08-02-2005, 02:46 PM
:lol: Best post I've read in ages Del! A little inane though ;)

Ben

ladymako71
08-02-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm with BB on this one boys! the sods who send out the 'forward to three dozen of your best mates' emails need to be punished...I volunteer for the position of dungeon keeper! I have the whips and all. :D

DelBubs
08-02-2005, 03:14 PM
By answering and then answering the answers, don't the answerer and the answerers answerer, by definition become inane and thus create a situation where we are all feeding off each other. Thus creating some kind of cyber banquet for inadequate emotional cannibals.

ladymako71
08-02-2005, 03:27 PM
By answering and then answering the answers, don't the answerer and the answerers answerer, by definition become inane and thus create a situation where we are all feeding off each other. Thus creating some kind of cyber banquet for inadequate emotional cannibals.

my brain exploded reading that. O.o

Ben
08-02-2005, 03:34 PM

let me answer your answer to the answers of your post:

Yes

Ben

DelBubs
08-02-2005, 03:44 PM

let me answer your answer to the answers of your post:

Yes

Ben
However, don't we by the very creation of an adverse cyber banquet, leave the inanity of our initial answer behind? Thus rendering us anything but inane and defeating the purpose of our first question and answer?

Ben
08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Yes...er...no.....ummm....maybe?

Ben

DelBubs
08-02-2005, 04:28 PM
[However, don't we by the very creation of an adverse cyber banquet, leave the inanity of our initial answer behind? Thus rendering us anything but inane and defeating the purpose of our first question and answer?
I suddenly realised that if our initial aim was to escape inanity, we are not so much defeating our purpose, but achieving our initial aim. Giving us the formula where A=Aim, B=Action and R=Result as follows

A/A-B=Rr+A\BS*c

syvalois
08-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Giving us the formula where A=Aim, B=Action and R=Result as follows

A/A-B=Rr+A\BS*c

DEl I think there are missing some () because do you say (A/A)-B= (Rr+A)/BS*c or more A/(A-B)=(Rr+A/BS)*c? or any other combination possible?

DelBubs
08-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Most combinations would work, giving rise to the premise that the more inane a persons primary start point, the more certain are they of achieving their aim by any means, no matter how inane or annoying.

HappyCanuck
08-03-2005, 04:12 AM
:shock: .... Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to our Inane Asylum....

Phil
08-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Ultimate spiffy mastication plinth kumquat zebra.

Legerd
08-04-2005, 10:30 PM
If a user posts in a forum and nobody replies does it make it inane? :-k

DelBubs
08-05-2005, 07:26 AM
If a user posts in a forum and nobody replies does it make it inane? :-kNot necessarily. When a person is inane just for the sake of it, he is inane by design. If a message goes unanswered, but has no inane intent, then it is more a case of being inane by default. Hope that clears that up. :^o

Hatheny-Lurey-Dralaw
08-05-2005, 04:07 PM
You people think too much . . . . . . . :shock: :shock: :shock:

Interesting concept though. I'd add "a little on the inane side", but that joke seems to be exhausted...

Xx Hatheny @-;-

cmdrkoenig67
08-05-2005, 07:30 PM
BOING!(That's just a spring flying loose from my head...nothing to worry about)

Dana :D

Le Messor
08-14-2005, 03:20 AM
This is what happens when I roll my head on my keyboard:

derft6y7huj

- Le Messor
"Do fish get cramps after eating?"

DelBubs
08-14-2005, 03:31 AM

derft6y7hujSo from now on this shall be your secret name, the one whispered within the clan. So shall it be written.

Phil
08-14-2005, 10:17 AM

derft6y7huj

If I roll my head on the keyboard, mankind as we know it is instantly destroyed and the planet is left to the animals.

Some days I seriously consider it....

DelBubs
08-14-2005, 02:07 PM

derft6y7huj

If I roll my head on the keyboard, mankind as we know it is instantly destroyed and the planet is left to the animals.

Some days I seriously consider it....When was the last time this happened, and is there any danger of you having a stroke and collapsing forward, then rolling across the keyboard, setting forth this series of events?

Oh, look an Aardvark.

Le Messor
08-15-2005, 11:50 PM

Some days I seriously consider it....

Yeah, go for it. Armageddon tired of this world anyway.
And with all you humans gone, I can train up my ravens to be my unholy army of the night! Mwahahaha!!! (I have a pic of my hand feeding a wild raven, but not here.)

- Le Messor
"If the dogs ever take over the world, I hope they don't choose their leaders based on size, because I bet there's some Chihuahuas out there with some really good ideas."
- Jack Handey

Phil
08-20-2005, 09:09 AM
(I have a pic of my hand feeding a wild raven, but not here.)

Your hand is a seperate sentient entity??????????? :o

Le Messor
08-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Your hand is a seperate sentient entity??????????? :o

You've never seen The Addams Family?

Turns out, I don't know how to attach an image anyway.

- Le Messor
"Do Los Angeles a favour: When you leave take someone with you"

MistressMerr
08-21-2005, 03:49 AM
yu7h6hredytgfuh

Don't mind me, just giving the ol' head roll a shot.

JohnnyCanuck
08-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Wow we really need a volume 4 to start don't we?

Mokole
08-22-2005, 01:50 AM
OK, be less inane. Another poll about AF is up at Boardhost AF. I think I voted for minor changes after HoM but I am very tired and addled. :oops:

DelBubs
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
OK, be less inane.
This got me to thinking. Can a person be less inane, Inane is inane isn't it, or can it have differing levels of inaneability? Surely you would call an inaneonite a boring old fart, not 'your this level of boring old fart' ?