PDA

View Full Version : Snowbird Fanz!!! look here!

Lucas4acting
08-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Hello snowbird fanz! do u LOVE snowbird like i do? is she your fave alphan? then u wanna talk 2 me! we can talk about snowbird or anything, or anyone! just IM me I have aim so make sure u have aol! here is my buisness card

|

Lucas Ramon at aim:
SeXyLucas4U

or at YahooMessenger:
phatactor419@sbcglobal.net

or e-mail me at
phatactor419@sbcglobal.net'

and talk 2 me bout Alpha
Flight!

[/b]

birdygirl
08-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Well, you've certainly come to the right place to find Snowbird fans! :D Check out the beautiful website, "Snowbird's Loft" for more.

Big Boss
08-23-2005, 03:02 AM
I don't really know Snowbird. Anything remarkable about the character?

birdygirl
08-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Snowbird was a member of the original (classic) Alpha Flight team. She was a shape-shifting demi-goddess, the daughter of the goddess Nelvanna and the human archeologist, Richard Easton. Her real name was Narya, and James Hudson gave her the name and identity of Anne McKenzie of the RCMP, so that it would be easier for Department H to contact her. Snowbird could turn into any arctic animal, (including a white Sasquatch); could fly; could see into the past; and was strong enough to crush metal in her bare hands. She was originally tied to the land of Canada, because when she was born, Shaman (who delivered her) bound her physical form to the land, as her birth form was too physically unstable. (Check out backstory in Alpha Flight, volume 1, #7.)

Snowbird had a complicated personal history. Her god relatives were furious with her when she married a mortal, Douglas Thompson, and became pregnant with his child, and they cast her off. Snowbird's newborn son, like Snowbird herself, needed a physical form and had to be bound to the land. However, when Shaman delivered him, Snowbird's son was possessed by a zombie named Pestilence; and Snowbird, Doug Thompson, and their son were eventually killed off through their association with Pestilence. Then, Snowbird's god relatives forgave her, and allowed the spirits of Snowbird and her family to dwell with them.

Many years later, Snowbird's body was found alive in an A.I.M. lab. It was discovered that her body had a healing factor something like Wolverine's, and that she underwent a form of "cellular rejuvenation". After Snowbird recovered, she rejoined Alpha Flight. Recently, an alternate Snowbird, out of the past, married Yukon Jack, and went off to reign as queen of his tribe.

DarkSnowbird
09-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Welcome Lucas4acting. Yes I love Snowy. Thanks birdygirl for the kind words of my Website.