PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody checking out the Weapon X mini?

cmdrkoenig67
08-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Spoilers......

.I got the first issue(Unfortunately, it was a bit disappointing)...the second....well...lets just say I took a look through it and put it right back on the shelf(I effectively Byrne-stole it). I didn't like what I saw(and there is hardly any Alpha content...madison Jeffries is in probably two panels and he was unconscious the whole time)...It's not what I was expecting....and I was expecting better from Frank Tieri. I guess you win some, you lose some.

Dana

Legerd
08-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, it has me worried that Jefferies is the next Alphan to bite the dust. For some reason he's exhausted from using his power so I'm guessing something bad is about to happen.

Phil
08-20-2005, 09:05 AM
I've got to say I'm disappointed.
I was a huge fan of Tieri's Wolverine run, and LOVED Weapon X.

There's something about this mini that just doesn't sit right.

Maybe it's just because it's a year too late and the momentum's gone.
Maybe it's because Sears' artwork looks really hideous to me in it.

It just all seems really convoluted, and in a bad way, with all the time shifting and information crammed in.

I fear that Jeffries' boxbot is taking centre stage and it'll just become some Sentinel/MasterMold/Nimrod/Bastion-type thing and Jeffries will no longer be needed.

I was disappointed with Kyle's 'death' too, though almost liked the UXM #142-ness of it.

I hope things change as the series concludes.

DelBubs
08-20-2005, 01:52 PM
So Kyle/Wildheart/Child is brown bread, what occured?

Phil
08-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Fried by Sentinels.
Over and done with in 2 seconds flat.

DelBubs
08-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Anyway back for him, you reckon, or he definately turned up his tootsies?

Phil
08-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Definitely gone.
Unless it's a shower scene dream, or some deus ex machina thing.

Still, it's only a possible future thing now.

The whole of the X-Men kick the bucket first.

DelBubs
08-20-2005, 02:06 PM
One day I may actually buy another comic, but with all these diverse universes, it is getting a little confusing. I thought Tieri was gonna do a natural follow on to the original series, not some possible events, that may occur :-( Oh well ?

kozzi24
08-28-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm still waiting for Aurora to show up

Garry/Al-Fan
08-29-2005, 08:13 PM
...There's something about this mini that just doesn't sit right....It just all seems really convoluted, and in a bad way, with all the time shifting and information crammed in....

Wolverine slices and dices Colcord and he still lives? We're supposed to believe this s**t?

Colcord has more lives than most mutants, which is ironic and a shame since the Sentinels didn't blast his mutant-hating a** to kingdom come along with the X-Men, Wildchild, and Mesmero, whom I was very glad to see wasted. Too bad Sauron didn't bite the dust, too. I still don't understand why mutants would be taking orders from this freak Colcord, anyway.

I'm wasting my money buying this. I thought it was going to have something important in it. So far, no. Peeked at the preview for #3, and I will check it out (hopefully) to learn what happens to Diamond Lil, but I really don't like this series!

kozzi24
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
I have not been liking it as much as I thought I would either, in great part because it's ANOTHER alternate reality future possibility thing. Even worse, it's skipping through future time

cmdrkoenig67
09-16-2005, 01:08 PM
...There's something about this mini that just doesn't sit right....It just all seems really convoluted, and in a bad way, with all the time shifting and information crammed in....

Wolverine slices and dices Colcord and he still lives? We're supposed to believe this s**t?

Colcord has more lives than most mutants, which is ironic and a shame since the Sentinels didn't blast his mutant-hating a** to kingdom come along with the X-Men, Wildchild, and Mesmero, whom I was very glad to see wasted. Too bad Sauron didn't bite the dust, too. I still don't understand why mutants would be taking orders from this freak Colcord, anyway.

Hopefully...Colcord will not turn out to be ironically, a mutant too(i.e. Larry Trask).

Dana

-K-M-
09-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Well I'm hoping Wildchild healing factor kicks in and saves him or something. What a crappy way to go.

cmdrkoenig67
09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
I checked out issue three and was again disappointed...sigh. I didn't buy it...just kind of peeked inside. I don't care for Sears' artwork and the book seems little more than an excuse for wholesale mutant-slaughter.

Dana

Phil
09-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Sears was kicked off after #2.

#3 is all Andy Smith.

cmdrkoenig67
09-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Oops...I didn't care for Sears' artwork on the last two issues. I didn't much care for the new artist either.

Dana

Phil
12-10-2005, 01:59 PM
I think the last 2 issues picked up the storylines a bit more, but it will still a bit too little too late... I enjoyed it though, it was just a too bit ambitious with the amount of information and timespan that it tried to cover, in my opinion.