PDA

View Full Version : If you could change ten things about Canada...

Big Boss
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
What would they be? For me:

1. we’re very highly respected and very well-liked universally around the world (in fact, the most respected and liked by far), even by America/Americans (which would be amazing because it's a well-known fact that Americans think they're the best no matter what and are incapable of respecting anybody)
2. we’re a real country which means we weren’t a colony to start with
3. we’re a world superpower (this would actually be a standard thing instead of some temporary accidental stroke of luck), as great a nation as any that lives, ever did or ever will, and we don’t have some ******ed policy of not-having-anything-to-do-with-anything; we matter a LOT, were always in such great shape as it says on this list and always would be, meaning us getting annexed by America (or anybody for that matter) is totally impossible
4. we aren’t wimpy at all (but aren’t total psychos like the Americans either)
5. we always have an absolutely top military (including having lots of nukes (nukes are excellent for convincing other countries NOT to try to invade you) and top government, military and national security, plus secret service/secret intelligence systems and agencies)
6. we always have very a strong economy, and would get back all the businesses we lost to America...in fact, we wouldn't have lost them in the first place, and instead, America would lose their businesses to us
7. we have top public healthcare, transit and education systems, and top government service and public service systems
8. the Canadian people truly believe in their country and not a single man, woman or child of the Great White North thinks it’s alright for it to be annexed by Americans or anybody, and any Canadian would stop that from happening, even at the cost of his life
9. we have no crime (and therefore no homelessness because that’s one thing that causes crime), Canadians wouldn’t even need to lock their doors at night
10. we have no pollution (this of course includes noise pollution, meaning damned teenagers don’t drive by your house at 2 in the morning playing damned rap music so loud their car speakers could explode)

What about you folks?

Mokole
08-23-2005, 01:43 AM
In no particular order, then, as most of mine are "pie in the sky":

- we're the best in great medical technologies (and that includes natural healing and prayer, I don't believe any successful treatment can be called 'alternative' if it works for thousands) like molecular integration therapy (which hasn't even been invented yet); universal medicare has us purring like kittens

- we're universally honoured as a great place to live, forget the cold

- winter temps never get below -30 C with windchill except in the northern territories, where it never gets below -40 C even with windchill

- our education system is an unassailable success for all

- I know I'll catch flack for this one, but no abortions, none, zip. Same for any hint of capital punishment, you can't go around killing people and say you're civilized

- as much as we are great in anything, we share it all, consumerism be damned, we are capitalists but we're not stupid about it, if Congo needs sleeping sickness medicine we show them how and don't knock ourselves out looking for a profit

- crime is a word used in fiction books, elders use it to describe how things used to be....

- we don't do things as a nation that are wrong but make Americans or anyone else happy (like join the war in Iraq... OK some of my ideas are a bit realistic)

- we always have humble winners in sports, comics (yay Alpha Flight), acting, politics,....

- we remain a country without an identity, we can't define what makes us Canadians and neither can anybody else; instead we remain a confident, hard-working people who survive together. :D

Big Boss
08-23-2005, 02:47 AM
Personally, I think we need to have our own national identity. I don't want anybody to think this is the 51st State. And about the death penalty thing, I believe we should have it, but we should save it for those who *really* deserve it, not ordinary murderers but guys who kill quite a few people, and of course we would always, always execute pedophiles. There wouldn't be some bullcrap where they get at most a few months in prison, and get bail within a week or two. Besides that, the justice system would be made to be able to properly punish female offenders. I think a problem with society is that there's a serious misperception that women are automatically pure, but it's often far from the truth. I recently watched a documentary about how many nannies/babysitters (all of them women) turn out to be violent pedophiles. And then some feminist ***** comes on screen and starts speaking her nazi propaganda about how the justice system isn't doing it right because it's run by men, which is bull****; these *****es don't need to be reformed, they need to do serious jail time. Punishment is the only way they'll properly learn. That the justice system is run by men is the only reason criminals are even punished at all. That ***** should be thanking us.

Big Boss
08-23-2005, 02:49 AM
And by the way, I'm fine with abortions. Both because I can't stand anything Christian, and because I don't want to be hypocritical (since I'm in favour of the death penalty, depending on the degree of the matter).

MistressMerr
08-23-2005, 02:54 AM
The dorky new money. I feel like passing Go and Collecting $200 every time I buy anything.

Big Boss
08-23-2005, 03:45 PM
You know fellas, I think if there was just one thing I could change about Canada, it would be so that it would always be such a danged fine country that Quebec on its OWN would be universally around the world thought to be easily the equal of France/Paris (and with good reason).

And a couple of other things:
1. I like the cold
2. natural healing and prayer are superstitious nonsense

Mokole
08-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Oh, not really. Natural healing means using things like plants and such, not metaphysical things. My boss never gets the flu due to a plant he eats in flu season while all around him are falling like flies; too bad it doesn't work for me.

And prayer? Heck, there are so many people who are on their deathbed, they and others start praying, and they're back on their feet in days. My father in law awas one, given 6 hours to live, he left hospital three days later, no treatment (after all, you don't treat dead people :D ) Prayer even makes my Dad better, so much so that the doctors have given him 2 more years to live instead of the months they gave him this winter. Attitude matters so much, lets become the frontrunners in that department too! :o

PS nothing against the cold but I drive people nuts when it's plus 40 C, wearing a shirt, bunnyhug, and a coat to boot, then dressed like that I go play ball! It makes other people almost faint that I can do that with no ill effects :shock:

Big Boss
08-23-2005, 10:22 PM
In the even that somebody lives longer due to prayer, it's a complete accident. God does not love you or care about you, because he does not exist. And I hate warm weather, Vancouver sucks. I want to live in the Yukon.