PDA

View Full Version : Question:

Big Boss
08-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Do you think it would be more easy for America to annex us (not that I'm saying they will, it doesn't look too likely) than it would be for us to annex Greenland, or do you think it would be easier for us to invade Greenland than it would be for America to conquer us? This is of course assuming our military doesn't suck so bad we can't ever invade any country, ever.

cmdrkoenig67
08-30-2005, 02:53 PM
BB...do you really hate Canada, that much? Why are you still living there?

Dana

Big Boss
08-30-2005, 04:46 PM
I don't hate Canada. I love it...but I think this is a legitimate question. It's not probable that America tries to annex us, but they are fully capable of doing it. Greenland's entire population is only 50,000-60,000 people, which is around the size of our military. I'm just wondering if we can do it.

Julesville
08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
There's too much bueracrasy in the US to even annex anything. Look at my 'hood, you wanna end up llike us, uh-uh, no you don't. Even if we wanted to, we can only to that with a "good reason" or rather a sorta resonably plausible one kinda... aaaaaand there's no real good reason to invade you, sorry. Let's fae it, you guys already trade with us for anything we could ever want from you, you guys let us build a road through the Yukon, gave us Canada Dry, we love you guys, never gonna invade ya, sorry.

Greenland is a wasteland that only the eskimos like, you all could probubly just buy it from the Danish for like a couple bucks and a box of ciggys. You can add it to Nanavut.

My vote, invade Greenland, leave the US out whenever possible. Peace!

JohnnyCanuck
08-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Please the Danes are gripping about a tiny barren island between Ellesmere Island and Greenland that they are claiming is their's. There's supposed to be talks in the works to decide that. Just imagine the griping going on if we tried to get Greenland too.

JC

DelBubs
08-31-2005, 03:32 AM
Greenland is a wasteland that only the eskimos like, you all could probubly just buy it from the Danish for like a couple bucks and a box of ciggys. You can add it to Nanavut.

My vote, invade Greenland, leave the US out whenever possible. Peace!
Julesvilles, can I just point out that it's anathema to use the word highlighted above. People, mentioning no names :-) are likely to point this out to you. If we can stick to the word 'Innuit' in future it will be easier all round.

In regards to the original question. Of course America could annex Canada if they wanted. When you have a power that is only willing to start considering it's casualties when the total starts affecting popularity, then not a lots going to stop them.

In regards to Greenland, would be kinda ironic if the esk.. Innuit ( :oops: ) bought back their own property.

cmdrkoenig67
09-01-2005, 12:07 AM
I don't hate Canada. I love it...but I think this is a legitimate question. It's not probable that America tries to annex us, but they are fully capable of doing it. Greenland's entire population is only 50,000-60,000 people, which is around the size of our military. I'm just wondering if we can do it.

Really? I only ask because many of your posts have a very anti-Canada/Bash Canada bend to them.

Dana

Barnacle13
09-01-2005, 01:51 AM
Big Boss,
Play RISK. It's easier to invade and conquer there. We need to worry more about spreading peace than spreading borders. Give Greenland to the Yellow Army and fortify in South America! Trade in cards if you need to, but leave the US out of it! The US wouldn't consider annexing Canada! It's just perposterous!