PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends Sasquatch Revealed!

Defunct
10-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Here he is, folks.

http://atlas.walagata.com/w/perceptor5/ML12.jpg

birdygirl
10-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Sasquatch looks terrific! I can't wait to get this one. :) Thanks for posting this!

Le Messor
10-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Is that the same as the one we've already got? From the Alpha Flight toys series?

- Le Messor
"Do not put statements in the negative form."

suzene
10-01-2005, 11:26 PM
I think the Sasquatch fig looks a little puny, myself.

Suzene

Defunct
10-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Is that the same as the one we've already got? From the Alpha Flight toys series?
Quite obviously not.

PWalk
10-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Nice! When do they hit the shelves?

Le Messor
10-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Looks a bit like it to me, but different enough. I wonder what his comic will be? Probably AF v1 #9-10?

- Le Messor
"Do not speak about Time, until you have spoken to him."

PWalk
10-04-2005, 11:32 AM
They should have made him broader. He looks rather skinny in that pic. I'll still buy two though. One for work, one for home.

JohnnyCanuck
10-05-2005, 12:29 AM
They should have made him broader. He looks rather skinny in that pic.

Yeah he should be on par with that Hulk figure beside him up there.

JC

Hyperstorm
10-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Ten to one says there repaint the Sasquatch add a tail and either stick it in the Monsters Box-set or put it a future wave as Wendigo.

shaman
10-07-2005, 02:13 AM
I hope I don't come off as sinical but I love look on his face. He looks like he is saying something like " Hey you guys, no fair, you gotta let me play too!". but thats just my opinion

PWalk
10-07-2005, 11:06 AM
I was in my local CBS last night listening from afar to the stores clerk and another customer talking about how bad this line has become. "Sasquatch? Who the hell wants some scrub like that on their shelf?" the clerk said. Well with that I got into a heated debate with him on AF and Sassy. He then took my pre-order for the figure and gave me 10% off for making a good point.

Legerd
10-08-2005, 12:50 PM
BRAVO! =D>

Although the sales guy at the shop I go to is more diplomatic about it, he says pretty much the same thing. :cry: Alpha never seems to get a break.

suzene
10-08-2005, 06:06 PM
BRAVO! =D>

Although the sales guy at the shop I go to is more diplomatic about it, he says pretty much the same thing. :cry: Alpha never seems to get a break.

Not that I agree with such a POV, but I can understand where it comes from. The best work with Alpha Flight was done 20 years ago in the initial Byrne run. Since then, the original team has been twisted, spindled, mutilated, and diluted down to the Canadian version of the GLA...and that's on a GOOD day. The second and third volumes were hardly even a blip on the industry radar in terms of sales and the impact of their storylines and faded from memory relatively quickly. That first run, the one that's managed to snare in most of the Alpha fen out there, has never been collected, so anyone who might be interested in it has to go through the trouble of tracking down individual issues. It's really no wonder that fellow comics fans can't get what we see in a B-list team that, in the eyes of most, is just a footnote in Wolverine's history.

Suzene

Le Messor
10-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Well, the original Sas was repainted as the Beast. Of course, in comics, he looks a -lot- more like Wendigo (though smaller).

- Me
"Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?"

cmdrkoenig67
10-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Does anybody know when will these figures be available for purchase?

Dana

Defunct
10-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Well this is series 12, and series 11 is out now.

So I think it'd be safe to say "before the end of the year".

PWalk
10-10-2005, 02:51 PM
The shop where I preordered mine stated to me before Christmas but he wasn't sure. I have my fingers crossed to find Sassy wrapped under the tree this year.

And yes I'll be wrapping him myself for myself. I just want the picture of me opening him on X-mas morning.

Le Messor
10-11-2005, 12:29 AM
I have my fingers crossed to find Sassy wrapped under the tree this year. And yes I'll be wrapping him myself for myself. I just want the picture of me opening him on X-mas morning.

I like the way you think!

Ooh, can't wait to get one.

- Le Messor
"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
- Ralph Wiggum

Defunct
10-12-2005, 07:49 PM
This just in. . . I think you guys will like this.

The latest Toyfare issue reveals that there will be a variant of Sasquatch in the Marvel Legends line, and it'll be. . . .

WENDIGO!

(Okay, maybe not a shocker, but still!)

cmdrkoenig67
10-12-2005, 08:15 PM
WENDIGO!

(Okay, maybe not a shocker, but still!)

Huh...how? Are they just going to shove a tail up the butt of a white Sasquatch and call him Wendigo? They should make a snowbird variant, though.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
10-12-2005, 08:23 PM
I think I may get Sassy, Wolvie and......the Wendy variant(:roll: ...yes...I'll probably get him too...sigh).

Dana :P

Defunct
10-12-2005, 08:39 PM
You know, there's such a thing as not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Toybiz is doing more for fans of Alpha Flight then they need to (or hell, even should), and all you can stand to do is ***** about it and then say you'll buy it anyway.

It's rather obnoxious.

cmdrkoenig67
10-13-2005, 01:46 PM
There's also such a thing as not attacking your fellow posters.

Excuse me for voicing an opinion and having a bit of fun with the idea of a Sasquatch Wendigo variant...lighten up, D... Sheesh!

Dana

Edited to add: Yes...I agree...Toybiz IS doing more than they need/have to for AF fans....they're certainly doing more than Marvel. :P

Hyperstorm
10-13-2005, 07:07 PM
It's not a Wendigo variant it's Snowbirds white Sasquatch form.

PWalk
10-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Awesome! Now I'm getting 2 Sassy's under my tree this year.

Hyperstorm
10-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Here's the pic of the White variant. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9739/whitesas7nk.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

suzene
10-13-2005, 09:00 PM
You know, there's such a thing as not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Toybiz is doing more for fans of Alpha Flight then they need to (or hell, even should), and all you can stand to do is b***h about it and then say you'll buy it anyway.

Toybiz isn't doing squat for Alpha Flight fans, they're offering a product that they think comic fans will buy. Let's please not mistake business for anything more than it is.

As for the variant...*shrug* Nice nod to the stories, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one. I can't help but think it looks unfinished.

Suzene

Defunct
10-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Oy. . . I should stop posting news here. Especially with the expectation people will be really thrilled about it.

Anyway, there's a scan posted here: http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229473 showing a large picture of Sasq as well as the variant. . . Which Toybiz says is meant to be Wendigo.

MistressMerr
10-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Oy. . . I should stop posting news here. Especially with the expectation people will be really thrilled about it.

Anyway, there's a scan posted http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229473 (here) showing a large picture of Sasq as well as the variant. . . Which Toybiz says is meant to be Wendigo.

Hey, I'm pretty pumped for this, I just live in the middle of nowhere where we can't buy fancy things like action figures. :(

cmdrkoenig67
10-14-2005, 04:41 PM

Anyway, there's a scan posted here: http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229473 showing a large picture of Sasq as well as the variant. . . Which Toybiz says is meant to be Wendigo.

Several folks here ARE really thrilled about the Sasquatch figure(including me...and I never *****ed about it), Defunct....why are you whining about it?

Dana

DelBubs
10-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Mister Defunct and Mr Koenig, while it may seem that the mods have taken a sabbatical, I am sure the rules haven't. Could I suggest? only as an unbiased bystander mind you, that getting heated over plastic figures will only cause them to melt. More direct discussion over this issue is probably better suited to personal messages.

cmdrkoenig67
10-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Mister Defunct and Mr Koenig, while it may seem that the mods have taken a sabbatical, I am sure the rules haven't. Could I suggest? only as an unbiased bystander mind you, that getting heated over plastic figures will only cause them to melt. More direct discussion over this issue is probably better suited to personal messages.

I hear ya.

Dana

Defunct
10-15-2005, 12:06 PM
This is what qualifies as heated for you people? Christ, we really are Canadians. . .

Ben
10-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Sorry folks, been kinda busy. I'm quite pumped about these figures, I'll definitely have to get my hands on both versions. Any decent comic store should be able to order one in for you, if not, you can get 'em online as soon as they are out.

Now as for the personal disagreement (or whatever you wanna call it) take it to PM if you wanna have a one on one, otherwise if you feel someone is behaving inappropriately please address the issue with myself or Phil, and we will deal with it as we see fit. Thanks to Del for stepping in while I had my hands full of house building and a small child :)

Ben

Le Messor
10-16-2005, 01:51 AM
I love the white variant, too! I don't know, it just seems so cool to me.
(Why's Sas quoting Shakespeare?)
I thought the X-23 looked like Faith (from Buffy).

All that bugs me is how many of the figures have variants, and that I'm about to end up with a piece of Apocalypse I have no use for. (Sorry, but both smack of money gimmicks.)

- Le Messor
"Do you have any children or anything of that kind?"

shaman
10-16-2005, 04:07 AM
I had the the comic shop picked out that I was going to get mine at on Granville street and just before I put the order in I learned that I have to go down to Portland for work, does anyone know of a good shop in the portland area? it kind of suck becuse I thought it would be cool if I could get Sas in Van being thats where he is from ](*,)

Defunct
11-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Check out an advance look at Sasquatch (or at least his variant) in packaging from eBay. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2622&item=6010998706

EDIT: Bonus points for anyone who can figure out what comic the toy comes with.

Phil
11-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Volume 1 #10

http://www.alphaflight.net/cover_gallery/af1_10.jpg

cmdrkoenig67
11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Well....Judging from the ebay pic, the variant is not Wendigo(it's just the Snowbird White Sasquatch). Which is cool.

Dana :D

Defunct
11-05-2005, 08:07 PM
And now the regular version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2622&item=6011167463

rplass
11-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Right arm of Apocalypse? That's a bad omen... I'd rather not have Sas associated with such an symbolic appendage.

I'm wondering what the 32pg comic book is that the figure ships with. Is it an Alpha Flight comic or related to Alpha Flight?

Love,
rplass

Phil
11-06-2005, 05:49 AM
It's a reprint of Vol 1 #10.

PWalk
11-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know if it's available yet other than on Ebay?

Defunct
11-06-2005, 11:34 AM
It's barely even available on eBay.

Expect to see it regularly available for regular prices in online and regular stores by Christmas.

Defunct
11-11-2005, 01:20 AM
And now, out of the packaging. Looks snazzy.

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=2003414

PWalk
11-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Now I'm off to search for him online. The figure looks great. Probably the best one in the series.

Defunct
11-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Sasquatch is starting to show up in small specialty stores in Canada right now, so keep yours eyes open for the toy to come your way in the very near future.

Defunct
11-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey, anybody wanna guess what I picked up at my local comic book shop today?

I'm a very happy boy. I can review the toy if anyone's interested.

rplass
11-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Yes! Review it! I'd love to hear about your new toy!

Love,
rplass

Defunct
11-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Well you see. . . it's long, bright purple, and when you flick the switch on the botto-- okay, maybe we shouldn't go there. No no no, I got Sasquatch! The regular version, not the variant. He's glooorious.

A few notes for the Marvel Legends uninitiated first up. You'll need a knife or some scissors to open the package, and once you do, don't mind the smell. Seriously, your Sasquatch will smell like he had a massive fart consisting of indiustrial glue and polyurethane plastic. Let him breath for a few minutes. Next up, you'll need to free him from the little twist ties holding him in, and the big blue arm. Whose arm? We might get to that.

So the toy itself is great. I know some people were worrying about the size, and suffice to say. . . this is not an issue. Sasquatch is the tallest Marvel Legneds toy EVER released. Like, fricking gargantuan. The sculpting is great, with furry texture all over his gargantuanness. With the nice paint wash they threw over him, it almost looks like flocking. Comic accuracy is spot-on, using all the good parts of Walt from over the years, expunging most of the "pretty pretty pony" syndrome that I hate so much.

The fingers are individually arcticulated with one having the fingers in a bent position and the other straight. There's articulation at the head (up/down and rotate), shoulders (compound joints with a universal joint, rotator, and a standard chest piece), double-jointed elbows, lower arm rotator, wrists, mid-torso (a hinge), waist (limited due to the furry "skirt"), Universal Hips, double-jointed knees, ankles (up/down and pivot), and finally the toes. Yeah, that's a posable Sasquatch.

The natural standing position is sort of a "hunched over" posture, which looks great. He'll tend not to stand up with any reliability if you don't him like this, so it's probably for the best that I like it. He's extremely top-heavy, so you need to be careful how you use all that articulation up there. Mine has a floppy ankle too, so be careful with quality control.

And oh yes, he can totally do the "You Gotta Be Kiddin Me" pose, which is just hilarity. You guys will enjoy this toy.

He came with the comic, of course. I'd never read Alpha Flight #10 before so it was nice to get a chance to finally get my hands on a version. Gotta wonder why they didn't use the Sasquatch Origin issue though. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing him launch Super-Skrull accross the galaxy and all.

So yeah, moral of the story is. . . Buy this toy. Even if you have to punch your own mother in the kidneys for some reason, buy this toy. Oh, and the blue arm is for a masive Apocalypse figure. Which you may also want, so buy the rest of the wave. But don't punch anyone for that one.

Le Messor
11-22-2005, 07:33 PM
A few notes for the Marvel Legends uninitiated first up. You'll need a knife or some scissors to open the package, and once you do, don't mind the small. Seriously, your Sasquatch will smell like he had a massive fart consisting of indiustrial glue and polyurethane plastic.
Let him breath for a few minutes. Next up, you'll need to free him from the little twist ties holding him in, and the big blue arm. Whose arm? We might get to that.

Ah, just like MacFarlane's Dragons. I'm gonna rush out and buy it as soon as I can! {northstar} (I can seek it today, but find? There I canno help you.)

Buy this toy. Even if you have to punch your own mother in the kidneys for some reason, buy this toy.

That's convenient, because I was kinda thinking about doing that anyway.

- Le Messor
Lois: "I want you to bond with your son."
Peter: "Bond? James Bond! I'll do it!"
- Family Guy

Mokole
11-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Honestly, thanks for the funny comments, it's the first good laugh I've had in months, probably since 2004 to be honest. I needed that. I've had such a horrible 13 months, I really needed to laugh. :lol:

Le Messor
11-23-2005, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. Pain sucks.

- Mik

Defunct
11-23-2005, 02:24 AM
I'm glad my lame jokes brightened your mood. :D

PWalk
11-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Sweet. I put the girlfreind to task this year with finding me one. Every year i give her a gift that I want and i know will be hard to find. Last year it was Mer Man from MOU, this year the white variant Sassy!

Phil
12-10-2005, 02:43 PM
I've seen more of the white Sas on the shelves than the regular one for some reason.
I'm guessing people just prefer the classic colour, plus it's probably marked up cheaper than the 'variant' in a lot of places.

Le Messor
12-10-2005, 08:08 PM
I've seen more of the white Sas on the shelves than the regular one for some reason.

Damn you, kasperov!!! (shakes fist at the sky.)

I haven't seen -any- on the shelves. None of my stores goes beyond the Legendary Riders or Galactus series. (Ben Grimm is -not- a legendary rider! Neither is Taskmaster. That I know of. Neither is Vengean-- okay, bad example).

- Le Messor
"Don's smile was a lemon twist."
-- Emil Petaja

JohnnyCanuck
12-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Yay. Christmas abounds with Sassy stuff. I received my Sasquatch and Tanaraq figures, or is it Heather Hudson from Exiles?, or is it Snowbird as a great beast?, or is it Wanda (shudder) ?

Anyway I got 'em both.

I also got the not so nice Sasquatch bust and a great number on it. I got #13 of 2500.

Happy JC.

That's JC not AC.

HappyCanuck
12-26-2005, 05:05 AM
Happy JC.

That's JC not AC.

.....Does that mean I have to sue you now for insinuating my name?? :?

PWalk
12-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I got them both as well and they already kicked the crap out of Juggernaut. I couldn't help it.

JohnnyCanuck
12-27-2005, 03:21 AM
Happy JC.

That's JC not AC.

.....Does that mean I have to sue you now for insinuating my name?? :?

I been with this group for like 9 years. I don't need to insinuate anything.

Holy Crap Ben! Has it really been almost ten years? Already? Sorry for the OT here.

Ben
12-27-2005, 03:44 AM
Holy Crap Ben! Has it really been almost ten years? Already? Sorry for the OT here.

It seems to me it's been more than that. When I first joined the Alpha Waves mailing list, there were about 15 members, and I think I was 16 years old. I'll be 28 in March...so more like 11 or 12 years...I think it was about a year after I joined the list that Kirk handed the reins over to me. By that time there were 20 members. I'm not quite sure how long things were going before I joined up. Now here we are with the forum. 273 users, 14837 posts since 11 Jan 2004 at 09:02 pm

Ben

DelBubs
12-27-2005, 08:10 AM

It seems to me it's been more than that. When I first joined the Alpha Waves mailing list, there were about 15 members, and I think I was 16 years old. I'll be 28 in March...so more like 11 or 12 years...I think it was about a year after I joined the list that Kirk handed the reins over to me. By that time there were 20 members. I'm not quite sure how long things were going before I joined up. Now here we are with the forum. 273 users, 14837 posts since 11 Jan 2004 at 09:02 pm

Ben
It may seem more than that, but I guess thats just the stress of it all Ben. When I first joined up we were with Coollists and half the members didn't have the other halfs e-mail addies. Kirk gave you the reins and somehow you bought it all together into this. Your probably as famous as Alpha now. I'm gonna push Marvel for a 'Ben Wells' Legends figure :-)

-K-M-
12-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I just picked up Sasquatch today, and nice to see the comic where he battles the Super Skrull....and wins

-K-M-
01-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Is there any other Marvel Legends of Alpha FLight? I have only seen Sasquatch. I'm tempted to get the Snowbird Sasquatch

cmdrkoenig67
01-01-2006, 04:19 PM
No other Marvel Legend Alpha figures, unless you count the multiple Wolverine figures.

Dana

zekethegreat
01-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Um, no offence meant at all, but don't you feel silly buying action figures?
I mean I don't see why you would buy it. (but I'm Jewish, so it might be different for me)
once again I would like to make clear, no offence meant whatsoever, just trying to understand.

Defunct
01-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I mean I don't see why you would buy it. (but I'm Jewish, so it might be different for me)
once again I would like to make clear, no offence meant whatsoever, just trying to understand.
Well that's certainly a creative way not to offend people. :roll:

This "action figure" line, even if it weren't directed at adult collectors, is no more or less silly than buying comics. And your being Jewish has nothing to do with your ignorance, trust me. I'm Jewish, and I've never said anything so stupid in my life.

Ben
01-08-2006, 04:18 PM

My mother's side of my family is Jewish...but that doesn't effect the fact that I'm an Alpha Flight completist, and want every product that comes out with AF on it. I play with my AF figures, not ashamed to admit it. I'm nearly 28 years old, building a house, I manage a bar, and have a very active social life, yet I find nothing wrong with buying action figures if it interests you.

Ben

syvalois
01-08-2006, 05:13 PM

Zeke, I don't think it got to do with you been Jewish, I don't see much interest in buying the action figure myself, but I'm not jewish and it got nothing to do with me been from Québec (I think everyone knows I'm a proud Quebecers like we know you are a proud jewish from Israel).

I can see why some would like to have the action figure, completists or some that liked that. That's all. I see that you are 14 years old, right? Well, from your post, I usually find you really have a good reasoning (can I say that?) and well, now that I'm an adult, I can tell you that it's very important to kept your inner child alive, because without it you will become a sad dull adult that can't laugh. I think I'm mature but still likes comics (usually europeens now but I still don't understand how the heroine ends up naked in the last issue, but well :roll: ) so adult+action figure can = mature:P

So, it's just a question of taste, like many AF stories and characters that many likes here, but I cannot stand myself.

MistressMerr
01-08-2006, 06:56 PM

No sillier than for buying comics books, yeesh. If you love Alpha Flight, why would you feel silly buying a cool little figure of a character from it?

Le Messor
01-08-2006, 09:35 PM
I got mine on Thursday, in Sydney. It was hard to find; never found it at home in Canberra.

If you think I get embarrassed, you should see my Lord of the Rings action figure collection. Hee hee hee.

- Le Messor

PWalk
01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm not embarrassed at all by having an action figure of Sasquatch hanging from the corner of a shelf behind my bar. It and the Juggernaut legends figure are the only 2 I own and I'll display them wherever I want.

zekethegreat
01-09-2006, 01:12 PM
What I meant was that I was educated (and still am) in a very weird way.
I was (am) taught that anything you do and anything you buy and so on should only be a way to learn, and that the most important thing is learn, learn, learn and not do anything else. Because of that I have been learning alot lately and trying to do less of other things. I don't watch TV anymore, I'm alot less on the computer and I've stoped doing alot of things. I'm trying to get that thought out of my head, but it's hard. Basically this makes me think that buying most things is stupid (which is a stupid thought itself).

What I should have wrote was Jewish education, which is what I meant.

P.S. Yes, I am insane

Zeke

syvalois
01-09-2006, 01:46 PM
P.S. Yes, I am insane

Zeke

Welcome Zeke, you are at the right place :twisted:

zekethegreat
01-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Well that's certainly a creative way not to offend people. :roll:

I've come to notice that the people who offend the most are the ones who say no offence.
And yes, I'm a stupid, mean, gross, disgusting, jerk. just join the club of people who think that about me, heck, even I think that about myself.

Ben
01-09-2006, 02:48 PM
What I meant was that I was educated (and still am) in a very weird way.
I was (am) taught that anything you do and anything you buy and so on should only be a way to learn, and that the most important thing is learn, learn, learn and not do anything else. Because of that I have been learning alot lately and trying to do less of other things. I don't watch TV anymore, I'm alot less on the computer and I've stoped doing alot of things. I'm trying to get that thought out of my head, but it's hard. Basically this makes me think that buying most things is stupid (which is a stupid thought itself).

I guess a lot of it comes down to priorities in life. I'm all for learning, and feel the day you stop learning is the day you die, however there is also a lot to be said for some simple pleasures in life. I'm not into the whole consumer way of life by any means, however if I can purchase something that I will enjoy, and be happy about, and smile when I look at, display, or play with, that's great.

I think it also comes down to what your perspective is on "learning" not all learning comes from a book, a set of rules, or a classroom. Maybe having simple thing like an action figure that you would enjoy will help you learn some things about yourself, which in many ways is more important than learning about other people, or about abstract though. The Jewish faith has not been practiced in my family for sever generations, I do however understand something of the nature of the Jewish Orthodox doctrine, there are certain structures there that we would not commonly see in North American, or European life styles, so I won't presume to judge or advise by any means. I do however believe that everyone needs joy in their lives regardless of race, colour, or religion. So if you feel you would enjoy action figures, I say "why not" but if you don't think you would enjoy them, find joy where you can, in the simple things. You're young, you have lots of life left to keep on learning.

Ben

Le Messor
01-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Learning is cool, but I refuse to let any one aspect of my life be the -only- aspect of my life. If I did, it'd be Christianity, and I wouldn't read comics (they're way too hostile towards me); but then, I'd just be a stereotype, a one-dimensional character.

- Le Messor
"I want to make it absolutely clear, I don't hate all Christianity-- just you."
- Joss Whedon

PWalk
01-09-2006, 04:56 PM
I just "learned" how Sasquatch looks standing over shot glasses on my bar. He looks awesome.

To each their own. Buy the figure zeke and learn of its awesomeness.

rplass
01-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Here's the text from the back of the package:

Power Grid:
Intelligence 5 (out of 7)
Strength 5
Speed 2
Durability 4
Energy Projection 0
Fighting Skills 2
Height: 10'/3m
Weight: 2000lbs/907.2kg
Eyes: Red
Hair: Orange

Walter Langowski had it all. Professional football player. A Ph.D. in physics. Millionaire status. He also had something else: thick orange fur, an ape-like physique, and clawed hands and feet. Walter designed and constructed a device to generate gamma radiation bombardments similar to those which had created the Hulk. He used this equipment on himself and was transformed into a ten-foot tall, superhumanly powerful creature. Walter called his bestial form 'Sasquatch," the Canadian name for the legendary "Bigfoot" creature that he resembled. Once he learned how to maintain his normal personality and intelligence as Sasquatch he joined Alpha Flight. Walter Langowski continues to be his own successful experiment, a man changed into a superhuman Sasquatch with powers that can benefit all of mutantkind.

Now of course they misspelled "Langkowski", erroneously paired a single quote with a double quote and left out about 1,000,000 details, but hey, at least they mentioned Alpha Flight so I'm pretty psyched! I'm also psyched that the little image next to the power grid is artwork from Bart Sears' Sabretooth LS, one of my favorites.

Love,
rplass

HappyCanuck
01-16-2006, 11:45 PM
:? Waitaminute...

Walter Langowski continues to be his own successful experiment, a man changed into a superhuman Sasquatch with powers that can benefit all of mutantkind.

Why are they always saying that Alpha Flight is Mutancentric, as if they are the X-Men?? I can count on one hand how many feats they've done that strictly relates to mutants, and still have fingers left over! Most of their adventures have been to protect Canada from aliens, supernatural/psychic threats, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm an X-fan, but Alpha Flight is as much an X-team as I am a duck. They're standing is more along the lines of the Avengers - for national use, no matter what the species.

Barnacle13
01-17-2006, 09:55 AM
I think they're trying to appeal to the mutant market. Face it X-Men/Wolverine is one of their hottest commodities. Maybe they get a new X-fan to buy one or two even though they know little about Alpha Flight or Sasquatch. So they put the word Mutant on the box....should be no water off Allan's back! Quack! Quack!

Terribly sorry! Couldn't pass it up!

Barnacle13
01-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Just for the record, I agree with Allan here. Alpha Flight has always been more aligned with the stories from the Avengers than the X-Men. Most of their deeds have little to do with mutants, or the fact that the villain is a mutant is really immaterial. You could plug in any vilain and the story would be the same. There wasn't a whole lot of mutant agenda in Alpha Flight.

As for the duck thing. If Allan is a duck then he's a very impressive one. Excellent grasp of the English language for a water fowl. But I'll go out on a limb and say I've never seen any duck agenda in any of Allan's posts or writing. Of course that is always subject to change.

To bring it back to the discussion at hand, I personnally love to collect things, though not just for display or investment purposes. I love picking up action figures for my son to play with and because I love the characters. I also use them for educating others on the fun and love I have for comic books and their characters. It's not all about learning. Sometimes you have to stop and be the teacher for awhile. Take my sister for instance who has two small boys. She knows nothing about comics or superheroes. Her sons however are learning because I get them action figures and comic books and share with them my knowledge of the stories and characters. Displaying action figures, busts, or even comic books may just be what it takes to make a comic enthusiast. Vital to the industry, otherwise when we're all gone, no on will talk about the great feats of Walter Lang(k)owski.

HappyCanuck
01-17-2006, 10:53 AM
:roll:*sigh* Nothing like being mocked for a good purpose, I s'pose... :D

Phil
01-17-2006, 04:50 PM
:roll:*sigh* Nothing like being mocked for a good purpose, I s'pose... :D

*rolls up sleeves*
In that case... :twisted:

:lol: :wink:

Le Messor
01-21-2006, 12:57 PM
The colour reproduction in the toy's #10 is excellent; and it surprised me that they included the -whole- issue, with the Twin origin, not just the Sas part. If I find a white variant, I'll use it as my main copy. (I gave my orange copy to the guy I was staying with when I found the toy.) {sas}
I have a copy of #8 with just as good colour, but its backup is the main story from #9, not the origin that should be there. :( (It's an OZ edition, btw).

- Le Messor
"You have yet to face your greatest test. Fool it now!"
- Tanaraq