PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck!

Ben
10-28-2005, 12:06 AM
So tomorrow (Friday) I go under the knife! Having surgery on my nose. I'm pretty freaked out about it, as surgery scares the living daylights outta me! I'm having it straitened so that I can breathe through it properly. They are breaking it, setting it, carving the inside out a bit, and re-scupting some cartilage. Not looking forward to this! So I'll be back in a couple days, you folks be good while I'm out of it.

Ben

cmdrkoenig67
10-28-2005, 01:32 AM
Good surgery to you, Ben and God bless.

Dana

Garry/Al-Fan
10-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Let us know how everything turns out, as soon as you can, Ben.

DelBubs
10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Breathings overated, maintain your rugged looks, I say.

Good luck fella.

PWalk
10-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Good luck.

Mokole
10-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Hope they don't miss. Of course, a nose is pretty hard to miss, unless it's yours :wink:

kozzi24
10-30-2005, 01:23 AM
Luck!

Ben
10-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Thanks all. It went well, I'm home now. My doctor was very pleased with how it went. It was the most complex job of it's type he's done, and too just over 3 hours. Yesterday the pain wasn't too bad, I had them take me off the heavy pain killers only 8 hours after the surgery. Last night however really sucked! Pain is worse now that it was just after I got out. I'm pretty sollen and puffy, but as far as I can tell (with a cast on my nose) it seems to be good and strait. We'll have a better idea how things are on Friday when I get the cast off and the stitches out.

Ben

PWalk
10-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Not so bad then when you consider you took a chainsaw to the face. Glad to hear it went ok.

Legerd
10-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks all. It went well, I'm home now. My doctor was very pleased with how it went. It was the most complex job of it's type he's done, and too just over 3 hours.Ben

Always have to make things difficult for people don'tcha?

Yesterday the pain wasn't too bad, I had them take me off the heavy pain killers only 8 hours after the surgery. Last night however really sucked! Pain is worse now that it was just after I got out. I'm pretty sollen and puffy, but as far as I can tell (with a cast on my nose) it seems to be good and strait. We'll have a better idea how things are on Friday when I get the cast off and the stitches out.
Ben

What happened to your healing factor?

Glad to hear everything went well, good luck with your recovery.

JohnnyCanuck
11-01-2005, 03:11 AM
What happened to your healing factor?

He cut it off with a chainsaw.....

cmdrkoenig67
11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Not so bad then when you consider you took a chainsaw to the face. Glad to hear it went ok.

Yeah...about that, Ben....You weren't attempting some sort of deviated septum self-repair I hope. Home surgery is never an option, people!

Dana :lol:

P.S. Glad to hear you're doing well, Ben.

Ben
11-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Yeah...about that, Ben....You weren't attempting some sort of deviated septum self-repair I hope. Home surgery is never an option, people!

Dana :lol:

P.S. Glad to hear you're doing well, Ben.

I wasn't considering it, but when my nose doc saw what had happened to my eye, he said "too bad you didn't get you nose, it would have saved me a lot of trouble"

Ben

cmdrkoenig67
11-01-2005, 06:48 PM
LOL!

Dana