PDA

View Full Version : Snowbird Bust!

Defunct
10-31-2005, 10:42 PM
You'll have to excuse me if this is old news. . . I don't stay quite as "plugged in" to these things as I ought to. . .

In any case, there's a HIGHLY snazzy Snowbird bust solicited by Diamond (the second in line after Vindicator if I recall correctly). Highly snazzy indeed. Check it out here: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=23&itemid=8229.

Ben
10-31-2005, 11:17 PM
Sue's gonna be so happy! At this rate we'll have the whole classic team! My bet is Puck next!

Ben

Phil
11-01-2005, 04:15 PM
It does specify the second in an Alpha Flight line, Sas being the first (which should have shipped a few weeks back..?).

The Vindicator one isn't included, as he premiered outside of UXM #120, and has a different base.

Ben
11-01-2005, 04:19 PM
ahhh, that makes sense, I did notice the base was the same as the one for Sas.

Ben

birdygirl
11-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes, Ben, I'm extremely happy! :D As soon as I saw this, I said to my husband, "Now I know what I want for Christmas!" =D> As a matter of fact, with the discount we get from his comics store owner buddy, I may even order two! :wink: My Guardian bust will soon have company on my bedside table, (move over, pal).

rplass
11-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Bowen's got a Sasquatch bust, too:

http://www.comicstatues.com/cgi-bin/image/templates/bdsasquabst.jpg

Jan 2006 is the release date.

Love,
rplass

Exile
11-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Cool ,but show me a Yukon Jack or Northstar bust anyday

birdygirl
11-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm planning to order this Sasquatch one, also. (At this rate, I'll be running out of places to put them!) :wink:

I'm surprised they haven't put out busts for Northstar, Aurora, Shaman, or Heather yet. Well, I guess it's just a matter of time....

Ben
11-02-2005, 10:28 AM
WOW! That's 2 Sasquatch busts in as many months!!!!! I think I've died and gone to heavn! Wonder why they have two differnt sculpters doing af stuff...oh well! I'll be broke, broke an happy! ;) Maybe this is buildup for a new AF series featuring a classic team [-o< [-o<

Ben

Legerd
11-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Wow, with all the action happening on the Alpha Flight front how soon until there's a new series? \:D/

...well I can hope can't I? :|

DarkSnowbird
11-03-2005, 01:19 AM
We Love Snowy

Phil
11-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Bowen's got a Sasquatch bust, too:

http://www.comicstatues.com/cgi-bin/image/templates/bdsasquabst.jpg

Jan 2006 is the release date.

Love,
rplass

I so prefer that bust.

JohnnyCanuck
11-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I have to agree the second S'quatch bust is way cooler than the first one.

JC

birdygirl
11-05-2005, 08:51 AM
I like this second Sasquatch bust myself. He looks like he has so much dignity here.

Le Messor
11-23-2005, 02:27 AM
I like this second Sasquatch bust myself. He looks like he has so much dignity here.

Guess what I just got today?

Yes! A cold!

Ooh, and the (second?) Sas bust. Y'know, the one with arms. (I don't have the first two, Vindi and Sas.)

- Le Messor
"... the touch of their loins drew sparks."
-- Sam Merwin Jr, The Time Shifters

Snowbird
11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Bowen designs has better looking (at least to my mind) bust of Snowy coming out through Diamond. There are some images on the John Byrne Forum but I dunno how to post 'em here. :(

Ben
11-23-2005, 05:55 PM
let's compare as we dare:

DIAMOND SELECT BIRDIE:
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/JoeZhang/2005-11-04_125440_1.jpg

BOWEN BIRDIE:
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/EricDoyle/2005-11-04_151729_snowbird1.jpghttp://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/EricDoyle/2005-11-04_151800_snowbird2.jpg
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/GerryTurnbull/2005-10-26_155158_snowbird4.jpg

Looks like there may be 2 full lines of AF busts!

Le Messor
11-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Looks like there may be 2 full lines of AF busts!

I can't afford both. I guess I'll have to start picking and choosing. D'oh! And I already ordered the first Birdie (the second looks better, and I'll have to paint the first's eyes right).

- Le Messor
"A horror tale of supernatural suburban terror in which a couple is stalked by a mail-order catalog with evil powers!"
-- Warner Books (US) blurb for Fearbook by John L. Byrne

birdygirl
11-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Another Birdie bust? :shock: I'll end up in the poorhouse just trying to keep track of all the AF busts coming out! :lol: Now I'll have two Birdies for my bedside table! I may have to get a cabinet to house all the AF figures coming out yet!

The Bowen Birdie bust does have interesting features. I especially like the base with all the Arctic animals. It's a good representation of Birdie's powers. When is this Bowen bust coming out? I'd like to see what this bust looks like when it's produced in color. It will no doubt be as gorgeous as the Diamond Select bust, (well, all right, so I'm a little prejudiced here). :P

On a positive note, I'm glad to see Alpha getting so much attention. Two lines of busts! The comics industry must think that there's still life in AF if they're going to manufacture all these products. Or am I just being optimistic and/or naive here? :roll:

Weapon Omega
11-27-2005, 06:23 PM
The second bust with the arctic wildlife on the base does look GREAT!! Any chance of seeing a finished colored photo?

I'm hoping for Puck, or Northstar in his original black/white suit.

Although, I think a full-sized statue of Madison Jeffries leaning up against his box armor, the one Jim Lee designs, would be absolutely amazing IMO!

rplass
01-22-2006, 09:33 PM
And a white variant shows up on eBay:

http://i2.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/0f/a1/50_1_b.JPG

Here's the auction: 6031467087

Love,
rplass

Defunct
01-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Neat. It's a white Sasquatch on Snowbird's base, and therefore Snowbird in sasquatch form.

I want it.

Ben
02-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Info from Bowen Designs: (http://bowendesigns.com/sculptures.asp?id=259&type=m)

Price: $55.00 Sculpted by Rick Force (base by Jim Maddox)

Shipping: $8.00
Release Date: April 2006
Dimensions: 8" tall overall

Edition size: Not available yet

Ben

suzene
02-09-2006, 03:38 AM
Dangit...that's too pretty not to get. Let's see...if I don't eat lunch for two weeks...

Suzene

Phil
02-09-2006, 02:12 PM
It's just been solicited in the latest Previews so is available to order now.

JackFrostUK
02-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Has anyone seen the other Sasquatch bust with the claws?

They look nice, dunno if i could afford them. The only bust i have so far is Francine from Strangers in Paradise.

Le Messor
02-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Has anyone seen the other Sasquatch bust with the claws?

You mean the version with arms?
Yes, I've seen it. I'm looking at it right now. It's on this computer tower, and I can touch tyeoiusae.

- Le Messor
"Each problem solved introduces a new unsolved problem."

birdygirl
03-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Wonderful news! I received my Snowbird bust, (from Diamond Select), today! It's numbered 245 of 2500. And it's so beautiful! I already gave it the place of honor on my bedside table. :D

How about the rest of you? Have you received your orders yet?

Le Messor
03-11-2006, 09:51 PM
How about the rest of you? Have you received your orders yet?

Ah, Sue, you must be so happy!

Mine's coming through a comic shop, and I'm not sure I trust them. (I recently checked my order, and they only had me down for one Birdy, instead of both Birdies and Heather).

But, I've just ordered Mac and White Sas over ebay! Yay!

- Le Messor
"Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

birdygirl
03-12-2006, 10:31 AM
All right! that's great news! :D

Le Messor
03-13-2006, 07:45 AM
The Mac came today. It's the shiny, metallic version, and I'm really impressed. It's a great bust. I'm looking at it now, it's next to my first Sasquatch on this tower; but I'll have to put them somewhere else when the collection builds up.

I had one of my best friends around when I got it, but he lives in Queensland, so I almost never see him.
That's irrelevant, but it's also kinda cool.

- Le Messor
"Elliptic paraboloids for sale."

JohnnyCanuck
03-14-2006, 02:27 AM
I got my Birdy(428 of 2500) this weekend for my Birthday. She's really beautifully done. It's with my Guard...Vindicator(1114 of 2000) and my fuzzy Squatch(13 of 2500). The one with Arms. Sasquatch with the claws. Whatever....!
Haven't landed the other Squatch yet and still have seen no sign of the second Birdy having been solicited yet. aven't seen the Heather Bust yet either.

I think this (the statues) is the one place where the Alpha Flight characters get treated with any real respect.

JC

Phil
03-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Haven't landed the other Squatch yet and still have seen no sign of the second Birdy having been solicited yet.

I think the 2nd Sas one is the second Snowbird(Narya in Sasquatch form) one if I remember correctly.

Le Messor
03-19-2006, 12:49 AM
I think the 2nd Sas one is the second Snowbird(Narya in Sasquatch form) one if I remember correctly.

Nope; the 2nd Sas (which comes in both orange and white forms, my white is theoretically on its way) -is- called Snowbird, and is the Bowen version. But we've also seen pictures of the sculpt for the Bowen Snowbird.

I've now got:
The Bowen Vindicator (177 of 2,000)
The Diamond Sasquatch (331 of 2,500)
The Diamond Snowbird (206 of 2,500)

The last, I got Thursday. Yay!
She looks so much cooler in person than her pictures! And, I've made her eyes accurate--blacked the whites. It's the only modification I plan to make on these, ever, but I couldn't have the all-white eyes.

- Le Messor
"Enough research will tend to support your theory."

JohnnyCanuck
03-19-2006, 02:35 AM
[quote=JohnnyCanuck]I think the 2nd Sas one is the second Snowbird(Narya in Sasquatch form) one if I remember correctly.

Nope; the 2nd Sas (which comes in both orange and white forms, my white is theoretically on its way) -is- called Snowbird, and is the Bowen version. But we've also seen pictures of the sculpt for the Bowen Snowbird.

<snip>

For my own sanity. I am misquoted here. I believe that is Phil's quote.

nitpickin' Johnny Canuck

Le Messor
03-19-2006, 02:58 AM
For my own sanity. I am misquoted here. I believe that is Phil's quote.
nitpickin' Johnny Canuck

Apple-logies; fixed.

To be fair, I credited it to both of you.
:wink:

- Le Messor
"Equal bytes for women."

Le Messor
03-19-2006, 03:14 AM
Okay, I've just found the Bowen Snowbird pics. They're on page 2 of this thread. Not far above the Bowen White Sas pic. See what happens when I'm not paying attention?

The other one also looks really cool; I originally thought cooler than this one, but now I'm not so sure.

Also, I've just noticed a slight remodel. The one in the picture, her right hand's higher than the real one. (Um. Please, nobody take that as in any way a complaint! It's just a notice-ness.) Not to mention the compositing trimmed off her fingers. Ugh. I hope she can shape-shift them back...

- Mik
"Eschew dialect, irregardless."

Le Messor
03-25-2006, 09:14 PM
:cry: :cry:

she fell...

Snowbird fell.
From the top shelf of my bookcase, to the wooden floor.

:cry:

Her fingers are glued back on, and the points of her headdress, and that bit of her cape, but it's not the same...

- Le Messor
"Even a poor tailor is entitled to some happiness!"

Phil
04-27-2006, 11:00 AM
The Bowen Snowbird is solicited in the latest Previews and is available in July.

http://www.bowendesigns.com/sculptures.asp?id=269&type=m

birdygirl
04-27-2006, 04:56 PM
I definitely plan to order this one! :D It's also availible on eBay as a pre-order.

Le Messor
04-30-2006, 04:19 AM
This has been an amazing Alpha collectibles week for me.

I went to Target (pronounced Tah-jhé) today, and saw three Legends: Apocalypse figures, all variants. (Bishop, Wolverine, and Iron Fist). I was really upset they didn't have the white Sasquatch variant.
Then I looked up, to the left, and they did! And now, I do!

My broken Snowbird got replaced; my original was #206. My new one is #12.

And, I got the Vindicator II bust! #204. I'm tempted to break it to see if my replacement is #10. Apparently, it hasn't occured to me to get another without breaking the first.

- Le Messor
"Are you ready to get down, you funky party weasel?"
- Xander

Ben
04-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Wow, that's amazing that they replaced yer snowbird for you! I suppose it's no biggie for the store to send it back to Diamond and say it arrived that way. I still have to get my Diamond Snowbird, Bowen Sasquatch, Orange Sas legends figure, and the new Bowen snowbird bust. I can't even think about getting any of them untill my summer work starts. I got my Vindi figure, and really shouldn't have spent the money. shhhh don't tell the bank ;)

Ben

Le Messor
04-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Wow, that's amazing that they replaced yer snowbird for you!

:? I bought it again. *sigh*

(Which is why it's so crazy that I feel the need to damage my Vindicator before I get a new one!)

All I'm missing now is the Bowen Snowbird (on order, not released yet) (technically, the Bowen Sasquatch, too; that should be on its way from ebay).

Ooh, PS: I just saw the new Bowen Snowbird linked to above. Thanks, Phil! It looks amazing!

And, they got the eyes right! I won't have to modify it, as I did the other.

- Le Messor
"I bent my wookie!"
- Ralph Wiggum

birdygirl
09-24-2006, 04:37 PM
I just received my second Snowbird bust today! (The Bowen model, that is.) It's #1348 of 2000. Needless to say, it's beautiful, and I've placed it on the other side of my night table, right across from her twin sister, the other Snowbird model.

If I had only one (tiny) complaint, I'd say that the Bowen Birdie's face is painted a little too dark, with a heavy pinkish-red complexion. (It looks as if Birdie has a bit of a sunburn!) Otherwise, a lovely and graceful statue.

Have any of the rest of you who ordered it received her yet?

Barnacle13
09-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I got mine in about a week ago. I also thought she was a shade dark and red, but she is a beautiful statue. I still need the Sasquatch transformation and Vindicator(Mac).

Guardian
09-25-2006, 06:30 PM
I got my Diamond Snowbird bust (337 of 2500) about a month ago. It's a great bust. She's hanging out with my Diamond Vindicator bust (38 of 2500). I plan to get all the AF busts eventually, but I really want to get Mac.

Ben
09-25-2006, 09:25 PM
I have the Bowen snowbird, but I'm missing the diamond one. Other than that, I'm missing the orange bowen Sasquatch, but have all the others: Guardian, Vindicator, Diamond Sas, White Bowen Sas, and Bowen Snowbird

Ben

Barnacle13
09-26-2006, 12:05 PM
I have Diamond Select Snowbird, Sas, and Vindicator. From the Bowen Collection I have Snowbird, and Orange Sas. I need to pick up the White Sas/Snowbird and Mac. I'm not sure on any of my numbers. Quite honestly I'm not a numbers guy. But I would like to have about 125....dollars that is so I could pick up Mac.

Guardian
09-27-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah I know. That's exactly why I haven't picked up Mac's bust yet. He's so damned pricey.

Le Messor
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I finally got my Bowen Birdy last week. Yay!
It's a lot like the Diamond one, but just different enough.

Not to get my paws on a Bowen Sasquatch...

- Le Messor
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again - and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law... and the same Nature which delights in periodical repitition in the skies is the Nature which orders the affairs of the earth. Let us not underrate the value of that hint."
- Mark Twain

rplass
05-16-2007, 08:41 PM
My LCS has a Snowbird/Sasquatch Bowen variant for sale: US$55. I'll be happy to go make the trip if anyone would like it. PM if you are interested.
Love,
rplass

birdygirl
07-25-2009, 12:00 PM
To Le Messor, I can understand how you felt when your first Snowbird fell. Mine did, also. :cry: Although my room is carpeted, she was knocked about the metal headboard when my husband answered the cordless phone on our night table. She lost one of the points of her tiara and her fingers. I'm going to glue them back on, and then, mover her to a safer spot.

No it's not the same as if she's mint, but we do have two other Snowbirds of this type still in the box. (It's fortunate that we got them before the recession!)

Le Messor
07-26-2009, 12:51 AM
No it's not the same as if she's mint,

Yeah, that's why I had to replace her. I imagine it'd be more tragic for you to have a damaged Snowbird, tho'!

I've got the transformation 'Squatch now, btw. I never got it from the Ebay seller I mentioned above, but they sent the Snowbird I didn't have instead.

At the moment, the only official bust I'm missing is the Brothers' Puck. I'll see what happens with that.

- Le Messor
"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
- Muhammad Ali