PDA

View Full Version : Hey darc light!! The "Insectoid-Mutate" pic!

Powersurge
12-30-2005, 10:57 PM
The picture and character depicted was part of an rpg I GMed called Thunder. A synopsis of the campaign can be found in this thread here ...

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=881

The guy in the picture appeared in the arc that comprised, Thunder "issues" 27 and 28 of that thread.

Basically, similar to the evetns of Uncanny X-Men 230-somethings, a Brood ship that crashed in northern Canada and began infecting a small town. A team of Epsilons was sent in, and despite a hectic adventure, managed to elminate the Brood threat as well as secure a number of human hosts carrying embryonic brood ... a queen amongst them.

This happened back when the brilliant geneticist Dr. Alfred Stone was still employeed by Depart. H. And his research into the Brood DNA greatly aided his production of a line of "clone-templates", not yet individuated out of a generic mold. The most advanced of these clones, developed after he left Department H was the Thunder synthoid.

When Stone founded GenTech he secretly continued his research into various applications for Brood DNA, developing various gases, agents, and viruses to various limited degrees of success.

Some of these brood-by-products were stored in an underground installation beneath GenTech's HQ in Toronto, and a number of the containers were accidentally damaged during an attack on GenTech by a religious fanatic called the Puritan (aka the Crusader).

The strange mixture of gases that filled the underground installation had little effect on most of those exposed. However, somehow, the genetic stuff of the brood contained in the various gases, et al. was so tenacious that it began to rewrite the DNA of some of those exposed. For most, this change was only slight ... causing mouth and finger mutations and homicidal rages. For Farhill however, the alteration was far more significant .. perhaps as a result of concentrated exposure. He effectively became a "half-brood".

As a result of this transformation, the half-brood began to pick up on subtle "telepathic" whispers from the brood-queen embyro still being held in stasis in a secret installation near Uranium City on northern Saskatchewan. This same installation also houses a number of superhuman "clone-templates".

Unfortunately, when Thunder was exposed to the gases, he suffered a drop in power, and during this time he was kidnapped by Arcade thrown into Murderworld and, well, murdered, so the campaign never got around to revealing alot of this ... or the fate of little Brent, the kid who was Thunder's #1 fan and whose mother the superhero was scooping for in his civilian identity.

darc_light
12-31-2005, 08:20 AM
I guess you're referring to Unacnny X-Men #232-234 (Harry Palmer/Brood Mutants) and Brood: Day of Wrath #1-2 (Hannah Conover).
Hannah was put in stasis for her own protection...Brood DNA is nasty stuff, even Sinister couldn't figure it out, after five years of studying it in Corsair in the AOA. I always wondered about co-opting or reverse engineering Brood Tech, but I never thought of using their DNA itself! :shock: Now that's an original idea! :idea:

darc_light
01-28-2006, 02:12 AM
I read through your story, so Farhill escaped... :twisted: Doubtless he's getting ready for the coming Brood invasion of this depowered world... :twisted: :lol:

Powersurge
01-28-2006, 01:15 PM
I read through your story, so Farhill escaped... :twisted: Doubtless he's getting ready for the coming Brood invasion of this depowered world... :twisted: :lol:

Hehehe :twisted:

Fortunately for us mere mortals, the Thunder-continuum is quite a bit behind "Canon" Marvel, and is still hovering around issue 100 of Alpha Flight vol.1.

I actually managed to talk my buddy into ditching the DnD, going for another attempt at a superhero RPG. He is going to be playing another synthoid, of the same, errr, petri-dish as Thunder, but nowhere near as strong and with vast solar absorption/light manipulation powers. Too bad the name Northstar is already taken. :cry: His name might end up being Morningstar, which references both light and a nasty medieval weapon.

Anyway, we'll be picking up where the Thunder rpg left off. THis synthoid will have been "awake" in his energy womb for sometime, but has only socialized within that context, and has yet to under go advanced socialization, so he is even more niaeve (sp?) than Thunder was.

I might have to alter my background for the Brood in Canada, but the synthoid is going to be housed at the same GenTech research facility as the Brood Queen embryo. And the Farhill-Broodling is going to bust into that facility in an attempt to release the Queen from stasis, et al.

I gotta rethink the background though, and GentTech's (or at least Dr. Stone's) relationship with Department H.

darc_light
01-28-2006, 02:24 PM
RELEASE THE QUEEN!!! We will conquer your world one day human! As soon as Wolverine dies... :twisted: :lol:

I finally figured out a way to kill Sabretooth, or Wolverine, for that matter...Ever read Thanos' Quest? It was the prelude to The Infinity Gauntlet, and Thanos is stealing the Infinity Gems from the Elders of the Universe. Thanos used the Infinity Gem of Time to artificially age Runner into a weakened old man, stole his gem Space, then turned him into a baby and traded him to the Collector for the gem of Reality, then brought him back to normal, at which point Runner proceeded to beat the hell out of the Collector.... :D Runner can't die, due to a stupid bargain Grandmaster made with Death...but, that's another story.

Heres My 3 step program to kill Sabretooth.

Step 1: Locate the Time Gem and steal it.
Step 2: Use it to artificially age Creed until he's nothing but dry bones.
Step 3: PARTY! \:D/