PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch in Howling Commandos question

langkowski_fan
01-03-2006, 02:14 AM
On a message board somewhere, I heard that Sasquatch was in the new comic Howling Commandos. I'm not sure, cause I really don't follow this comic. Anyway, on the board, someone said that Walt was one of many monstrous characters drafted into the Commandos. I was wondering if anybody else had any information on this? I think it would be cool if he was a part of that group; he has the intelligence and the strength to battle all manner of supernatural creatures, not to mention his bestial appearance. I think he'd fit in pretty well, and it'd be cool to see Sas in a monthly book again.

DelBubs
01-03-2006, 03:44 AM
For more on Walts appearence in Howling Commandoes, you could check this (http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1051) and this (http://www.alphaflight.net/latest_news/index.php). Quite a discussion took place.

Loki
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
On a message board somewhere, I heard that Sasquatch was in the new comic Howling Commandos. I'm not sure, cause I really don't follow this comic. Anyway, on the board, someone said that Walt was one of many monstrous characters drafted into the Commandos. I was wondering if anybody else had any information on this? I think it would be cool if he was a part of that group; he has the intelligence and the strength to battle all manner of supernatural creatures, not to mention his bestial appearance. I think he'd fit in pretty well, and it'd be cool to see Sas in a monthly book again.

It's not Walt. It's an actual Sasquatch.

Ben
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Since when could they talk?

Ben

cmdrkoenig67
01-03-2006, 09:54 PM

I don't mean to be rude, but It is Walter....Read it again....it's not A Sasquatch....it's THE Sasquatch. It may be a really bad interpretation of Walter, but it is Walter Langkowski, Sasquatch of Alpha Flight.

Dana

MistressMerr
01-04-2006, 06:32 AM

I don't mean to be rude, but It is Walter....Read it again....it's not A Sasquatch....it's THE Sasquatch. It may be a really bad interpretation of Walter, but it is Walter Langkowski, Sasquatch of Alpha Flight.

Dana

The book is about MONSTERS, many of them of the supposedly FICTIONAL variety. As in, THE Sasquatch/Yeti/Abominable Snowman. If they had stuck in some other qualifier (Walt Langowski, Sasquatch of Alpha Flight) it would be different. But they didn't. Because there is no other qualifier to tack on to the sasquatch. He just is the Sasquatch.

cmdrkoenig67
01-04-2006, 09:01 AM
...I give up.

Dana :roll:

Loki
01-04-2006, 10:17 AM

Dana

I've read the Howling Commando scripts. It's not Walter.

zekethegreat
01-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Maybe it's a Wendigo in disguise, there's only one of him. maybe they only think it's Sasquatch. :lol:
btw, the collar might make him be able to talk, they did it with Wendigo in Weapon P.R.I.M.E., and speaking of them, does anyone know what P.R.I.M.E. stands for?

Zeke the grate

Ben
01-04-2006, 01:02 PM

Well, then the writing is horrid, editing is full of holes, and reasearch is non-existant. Sasquatchs can't talk, the dialogue it DOES use implies it's Sasquatch from AF. Stuff like this just muddies so much.

Ben

zekethegreat
01-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Wait, here's another few ideas what's with this Sas.
1) There was really only one wild Sasquatch the whole time, and all the ones in Vol. 2 were really just clones created by Dept. H/K and they later didn't work out and were killed except one.
2) There was another Sasquatch that appeared in Gen. X, maybe it was taken away and experimented on and this is the result (and the guys don't know there are any others).
3) A horrible plague wiped out the rest of his people and he's the only one left, looking for revenge against the people who unleashed it.
I have many more but they're a waste of time.

Zeke-a-meter

MistressMerr
01-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, then the writing is horrid, editing is full of holes, and reasearch is non-existant.

Well, I'm pretty sure noone's debating that. ;)

cmdrkoenig67
01-04-2006, 08:44 PM

Well, then the writing is horrid, editing is full of holes, and reasearch is non-existant. Sasquatchs can't talk, the dialogue it DOES use implies it's Sasquatch from AF. Stuff like this just muddies so much.

Ben

Exactly...Keith Giffen should be ashamed. The writing is crap(not to mention the artwork).

Dana

langkowski_fan
01-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Well, I'm glad it's not Walt..because that would have been the crappiest rendition of him I've ever seen!!

cmdrkoenig67
01-06-2006, 06:48 PM
SUUUUUre...It's not Walt....got ya. nudge, nudge, :wink: :wink:

Dana