PDA

View Full Version : Iron Spidey?

shaman
01-11-2006, 07:23 PM
To see the new look for the"Iron Spidey" click http://www.marvel.com/publishing/stories/ironspidey/lrg_ironspidey_001.jpg but my question is this. didn't they already give Parker a metal costume and watch it fail miserably?

Transmetropolitan
03-16-2006, 12:34 AM
I recall a one-shot "Armored Spidey," but it was never intended as a long-term deal...

By the by, the new duds actually kinda suit him...

And the "Iron Man" colors and the oath Tony extracts from him make for an interesting Civil War lead-in...

syvalois
03-16-2006, 12:36 AM
who drew that? He look anorexic to me.

Shaman Of The Whills
03-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah, the issue where he got the metal armor, he got it as a temporary favor to give him an advantage over his opponent, and then that same issue the armor was destroyed... so I don't guess that it was really much of a fan response issue, more of a "Lets celebrate the 200th issue of Web of Spider-Man by making him look glamourous boys!" kinda thing... Hawkeye did almost the exact same thing at one point... "Hey Tony, make me super special armor now that I got shot... Yay I'm bulletproof... oh look, the villain destroyed my suit reducing me conveniently to just my regular costume... aww..." Anyways, this is only temporary as well. The Amazing cover, despite all the costume displeasure, ended up looking halfway decent... of course, I'm not going to be for this whole "Spidey flying thing..." so he needs to get back out the old rags. Now.

PWalk
03-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Personally I don't like it. It looks like someone drew a new costume for Spidey and then colored it in red and then used a highlighter for the yellow.

Bleh!