PDA

View Full Version : All New Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe, A-Z

-K-M-
01-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Aurora has a nice bio that is 2 full pages. It's pretty good, I wil try to get the scans, but if someone else can that would be great.

Stats: [Out of 7]
Intelligence- 2
Strength- 2
Speed- 6
Durability- 3
Energy Projection- 3
Fighting Skills- 3

Title edited to reflect whole series and nature of thread - Phil

rplass
01-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Northstar's speed was also 6 (in the OHOTMU: X-Men 2005). Now that means:

1) They are equally as fast (or at least in the same speed category), but I thought Northstar was substantially faster than Aurora.
2) Uh, if Northstar can go 99.8% of the speed of light, who the heck is ranked 7? I think Northstar should be 7, fastest speed!

Love,
rplass

HappyCanuck
01-25-2006, 11:04 PM
2) Uh, if Northstar can go 99.8% of the speed of light, who the heck is ranked 7? I think Northstar should be 7, fastest speed!

Love,
rplass

Remember, in the MU, there are SEVERAL characters that can move faster than the speed of light - Silver Surfer, for example - thus the speed of light isn't fast enough to be considered for the top position.

-K-M-
01-25-2006, 11:29 PM

1) They are equally as fast (or at least in the same speed category), but I thought Northstar was substantially faster than Aurora.

Love,
rplass

1) Northstar is faster it was said in Issue #1 [Vol.1], but with her upgrade and her new durability she could even now be faster. However, we don't know the full effects the Hand did to Northstar. Good lord the twins are experimented lots on. Here is Northstar's recents stats

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/2005_X-men_Handbook-northstar.jpg

2) Interdimensional teleporters are 7

MistressMerr
01-26-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm pretty sure 6 is light speed, 186 000 miles per second, so they just rounded up. And that leaves 7 as warp speed.

cmdrkoenig67
01-26-2006, 05:32 AM

Love,
rplass

1) Northstar is faster it was said in Issue #1 [Vol.1], but with her upgrade and her new durability she could even now be faster. However, we don't know the full effects the Hand did to Northstar. Good lord the twins are experimented lots on. Here is Northstar's recents stats

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/2005_X-men_Handbook-northstar.jpg

2) Interdimensional teleporters are 7

Huh? Teleporters don't move at high speeds, though...are you sure about that, Mungi? I would think that the highest speed(7) would be characters who can move at warp speed(like Silver Surfer).

Dana

MistressMerr
01-26-2006, 07:44 AM
7 is technically warp speed, but they classify people who can arrive pretty much anywhere instantaneously (Dr. Strange, for example) as 7 as well

darc_light
01-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Runner, one of the Elders of The Universe, is able to run (In a Planetary Atmosphere) at Orbital Velocity, and (In Space) at Warp Speed and enter Hyperspace "A realm where the speed of light is not a limiting factor on velocity" {northstar} The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Update 1989 #6. When he possessed the Infinity gem of Space, the Handbook says he could move at "even greater speeds". Makkari, while racing the Runner in the Galactic Marathon, became trapped in "Absolute Speed" From which he could only communicate with "Super Fast" beings like Runner or Fastforward, or beings with control over time itself, like the Grandmaster.
Of course, Runner has spent about 5.5 Billion years getting in shape and can draw on the Power Cosmic

How many volumes are in this new Handbook? I haven't heard about it until just right now.

darc_light
01-26-2006, 09:24 AM
By the way, Makkari defeated Runner in the Galactic Marathon, now that's fast... :shock:
I like Runner, even if he did help (some of, most weren't involved)his fellow Elders when they tried to destroy the universe, in a badly written and unbelievable plot that had two total pacifists among those wanting to wipe out the universe ](*,) #-o ...He's like a big kid. :)

-K-M-
01-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Huh? Teleporters don't move at high speeds, though...are you sure about that, Mungi? I would think that the highest speed(7) would be characters who can move at warp speed(like Silver Surfer).

Dana

I'm sure even from this handbook, Aged Genghis, Baron Mordon have 7. Even Clea, Dark Angel, Blink, Magik also have a 7.

How many volumes are in this new Handbook? I haven't heard about it until just right now.

There will be 12 issues

darc_light
01-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Thank you! 8)

-K-M-
01-26-2006, 06:50 PM
.... but I thought Northstar was substantially faster than Aurora.

Here's that scan that it was mentioned in, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AlphaFlight01-24.jpg

cmdrkoenig67
01-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Both Aurora and Northstar having "7" as a speed rating is irrelevant...

Northstar can still be faster than Aurora, even if both of them are listed as having "7" as their speed. "7" must have a range within it for speed measurements...a minimum and maximum...they just don't list it. I doubt everybody that has the same number for a speed rating can all only move at the exact same speed...there has to be some variation.

Dana

-K-M-
01-26-2006, 07:54 PM
It's irrelevant...Northstar can still be faster than Aurora, even if both of them are listed as having "7" as their speed. "7" must have a range within it for speed measurements...a minimum and maximum...they just don't list it.

Dana

Well apparently Aurora's skin is harder than Northstar's so she can probally go faster than him now due to her body can take the speed. I theorized this from the 198 files.

Aurora
Powers/Abilities: Superhuman speed; flight; tough skin; can accelerate molecules in other objects/beings, causing them to tear apart.

Northstar
Powers/Abilities: Superhuman speed; flight, able to generate bursts of bright white light

Northstar Speed Feats:
Running mach 18.7 [orbital velocity]
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Fanfare_28_03.jpg

speed=distance/time
speed=4500km/30min
speed=150 km/min

Here Northstar is flying mach 32.7 [escape velocity] to save Paulie and ends 50 miles off the coast
1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-04.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-05.jpg
3. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-11.jpg

cmdrkoenig67
01-26-2006, 08:08 PM
How can we tell Jeanne Marie's skin is harder? Both of them(in the past Handbooks) have been said to have harder than normal skin(able to resist friction, impacts, etc...). Does it specifically say "Aurora's skin is harder than her brothers"?...If not...then it's not.

Dana

-K-M-
01-26-2006, 08:33 PM
How can we tell Jeanne Marie's skin is harder? Both of them(in the past Handbooks) have been said to have harder than normal skin(able to resist friction, impacts, etc...). Does it specifically say "Aurora's skin is harder than her brothers"?...If not...then it's not.

Dana

Well didn't Sasquatch experiment on her, make her skin more durable? Plus who knows what Weapon X also did to her.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/aurora.htm

cmdrkoenig67
01-26-2006, 10:06 PM

Dana

Well didn't Sasquatch experiment on her, make her skin more durable? Plus who knows what Weapon X also did to her.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/aurora.htm

LOL...That Directory profile refers to Aurora as "Jeanne-Maim Beaubier"....LOL!

However, I see no mention in it about her durability being increased by Langkowski...only that he altered her powers...

"Dr. Walter Langkowski, the physicist who as Sasquatch was a member of Alpha Flight, performed an experiment in molecular rearrangement upon Beaubier which altered her superhuman abilities. It brought about three specific changes. First, it enabled her to create a bright light without being in physical contact with her brother Northstar. Second, it greatly reduced the potential limits of her superhuman speed. Third, according to Langkowski, it made it impossible for present day technology to detect that she is a mutant."

...And..

"It was once theoretically possible for her to reach 99% of the speed of light (286,272 miles per second in a vacuum), although she never traveled at anywhere near that speed since if she did, she would wreak great damage upon herself end her environment. Dr. Langkowski's actions in molecularly restructuring Aurora's body greatly reduced the potential limits of her speed."

"However, Dr. Walter Langkowski's molecular restructuring of her body has enabled her to generate light on her own."

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
01-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Aurora and Northstar's Master Edition Handbook profiles...both say Durability: Enhanced Human...

http://www.unfluffybunny.com/cripp12/29/th_auroraback.jpg

http://www.unfluffybunny.com/cripp12/M-N/tf_Northstarback.jpg

Granted, this is before they were altered by Weapon X and the Hand respectively. However...I've seen/read nothing that suggests Aurora's skin is any harder than Northstar's.

Dana

-K-M-
01-26-2006, 10:18 PM
I remembered this quote, but it's not in the same context I was thinking it was in.

"As a side effect of partially robbing her molecules of their atomic motion, the binding forces within and between the molecules increase. This enhances the sheer toughness of Aurora's entire body. This effect gives her skin enough durability to withstand the ravages of wind, friction and air turbulence. Aurora's costume is made of special materials to enable it to withstand these conditions as well."

I have those scans as well, I just remembered this quote wrong and 198 files said she had tough skin while her brother didn't. In the X-Men Encyclopedia it has them with normal durability. Yesh! The handbooks are way to inconsistent.

cmdrkoenig67
01-26-2006, 10:18 PM
OOPSIE! Double post! Please forgive...:D

Dana

-K-M-
01-26-2006, 10:25 PM
No...as I said, there can be variations within that rating.

Eh? I never said they would fly at the same speed, I even posted a scan that proved they didn't. *shrugs*

cmdrkoenig67
01-27-2006, 05:07 AM
No...as I said, there can be variations within that rating.

Eh? I never said they would fly at the same speed, I even posted a scan that proved they didn't. *shrugs*

I never said you did say that, KM...*shrugs* too.

Dana :D

darc_light
01-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know who runs the OHOTMU Master Edition site (UnfluffyBunny?) or how to contact them?
I just wanted to say that I can't find the front of of the "White Bishop" card/thing, both links lead to the back :cry: (I don't have that issue in my collection yet, it's in #19)...And since the White Bishop is Donald Pierce, I want to see the leader of the Reavers. The same problem with Namor, you can read the text on the back, but can't pull up the scan on topside.

kozzi24
01-29-2006, 11:11 AM
From AF v1#1, the thought balloon where Northstar stated Aurora could fly farther but not faster always intrigued me. It did seem to be a seed for a potential story if Byrne wanted to go there in the future. In many ways it seemed an arbitrary, throw-away line to slightly differentiate the twins. I always figured that Byrne's story of Langkowski's alteration of Aurora proved that theory. Aurora could still move fast, but could generate light on her own, thus differentiating their powers.

Aurora was showing off during this scene, calling Northstar slow. He suggested conserving their energy for the fight ahead. She was certainly acting like she did not know that Northstar could move faster than her.

This aspect of the twins' powers always intrigued me.

Why did Northstar know he could go faster but Aurora presumably did not?

Could he go faster because he had practiced and tested his powers independently more often than Aurora had attempted. That Northstar independently tested his powers also works to redefine the presumed suicide attempt in Volume 2 as a test gone badly.

As of AF#1, why hadn't Northstar ever let Aurora know he could fly faster? Was he being overly defensive in making sure he could trump her in a potential future adversary, or was he stroking his sister's fragile ego?

A lot of the questions have to be taken in the original context, before Aurora's alteration. They have have clearly changed since then, and if anything, seem to share from a pool of powers, as evidenced by Aurora's "healing" of NS in #50 and his subsequent ability to generate light aline, and when he later restored her powers with his own circa #85.

And if they do share each other's powers, does the use of an aspect of their powers by one twin limit the simultaneous use of the same power by the other? I.E. if Aurora is generating her most powerful light and Northstar uses his light powers, does Aurora suddenly dim? If Northstar is flying at full in-gravity speed and Aurora suddenly takes high speed flight, does Northstar slow down?

There's SOOOO much untapped potential in these characters!

Phil
01-29-2006, 11:35 AM
From AF v1#1, the thought balloon where Northstar stated Aurora could fly farther but not faster always intrigued me.

I just took it as male pride and bravado.

kozzi24
01-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Wouldn't pride have dictated that he MADE SURE she knew he was faster?

syvalois
01-29-2006, 11:40 AM
From AF v1#1, the thought balloon where Northstar stated Aurora could fly farther but not faster always intrigued me.

Aurora was showing off during this scene, calling Northstar slow. He suggested conserving their energy for the fight ahead. She was certainly acting like she did not know that Northstar could move faster than her.

I always liked that scene but for me it was informative about the twin powers and their personality.

Why Northstar is faster and Aurora as more endurance? Easy, gender, Nortstar is a man and Aurora is a woman. In pure strenght a women rarely equals a man but in endurance, well it's another matter. I don't have examples or anything but it's what my brother and I comcluded.

As for Aurora not knowning that fact, I think she did, she just did not care. It was showing us how impulsive and careless Aurora could be.

Powersurge
01-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Hmmm. So how exactly did Northstar measure his speed in relation to his sisters without her knowledge? Presumably they were both clocked by Department H? And Northstar soughtt he information out while sis. didn't care?

Seems kinda strange that Aurora has greater endurance than Northstar though, regardless of the relative advantages/disadvantages of gender. Afterall, Northstar was a world class athlete, with plenty of reason to be in prime shape. Aurora on the other hand is a headcase, who wasn't all that athletic of a person regardless of which person she happened to be at the time.

Fishy ....

syvalois
01-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Hmmm. So how exactly did Northstar measure his speed in relation to his sisters without her knowledge? Presumably they were both clocked by Department H? And Northstar soughtt he information out while sis. didn't care?

Sorry, I did not expressed myself very clearly.She did not care to use too much power before the fight, not that she did not knew and did not care about the power difference with her brother. I think she knows the difference about them, but just wanted to have fun and the difference must not be very big.

Seems kinda strange that Aurora has greater endurance than Northstar though, regardless of the relative advantages/disadvantages of gender. Afterall, Northstar was a world class athlete, with plenty of reason to be in prime shape. Aurora on the other hand is a headcase, who wasn't all that athletic of a person regardless of which person she happened to be at the time.

world class athlete with powers, which can but a ???? on was he exactly on prime shape? I think Northstar was in shape, but the departement H training put Aurora at the same top shape level Northstar was.

Phil
01-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Wouldn't pride have dictated that he MADE SURE she knew he was faster?

In my opinion, no, because that would involve hurting his sister's feelings.

Powersurge
01-29-2006, 12:42 PM
world class athlete with powers, which can but a ???? on was he exactly on prime shape? I think Northstar was in shape, but the departement H training put Aurora at the same top shape level Northstar was.

Maybe probably. However, by the time issue 1, vol.1 rolled around Department H had scrapped the Alpha program, and unless its a lifestyle, as one might expect it to be for a very well developed former world class skier, one can fall quite a ways out of top shape very fast.

So, maybe when in peak condition Aurora has more endurance than JP, maybe, but she is a hedonist in one persona and very much against a physical, power-oreinted lifestyle in another. In contrast, JP strikes me as someone who doesn't mind a bit of hardship and likes being physical and challenged physically. In short, exercise and keeping in shape seem like a lifestyle to him, not something forced on him by necessity ... and given up that easily once the pressure is off.

Of course, maybe she has some kinda mutant gene or uses one of those miracle infomercial products that allows a person to sit on there arse, do nothing (but eat ice-cream), and still lose weight!!!

kozzi24
01-31-2006, 11:36 AM
One possible explanation that came to me while I was reading Sylvie's post: Aurora was in Department H longer. Perhaps Mac and the H staff accepted her speed, thus trained her with an eye towards stamina?
Self training (and here male attitudes may come in) Northstar concentrated on developing his speed.

-K-M-
01-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Well here are the scans from the issue:
1. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/allnewohotmuaz01406qj.jpg
2. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/allnewohotmuaz01416gc.jpg

cmdrkoenig67
01-31-2006, 08:20 PM
A lot of the questions have to be taken in the original context, before Aurora's alteration. They have have clearly changed since then, and if anything, seem to share from a pool of powers, as evidenced by Aurora's "healing" of NS in #50 and his subsequent ability to generate light aline, and when he later restored her powers with his own circa #85.

And if they do share each other's powers, does the use of an aspect of their powers by one twin limit the simultaneous use of the same power by the other? I.E. if Aurora is generating her most powerful light and Northstar uses his light powers, does Aurora suddenly dim? If Northstar is flying at full in-gravity speed and Aurora suddenly takes high speed flight, does Northstar slow down?

There's SOOOO much untapped potential in these characters!

I think the blame for the power-sharing notion should fall on Bill Mantlo(like many of the other bad story ideas, unfortunately...sorry Bill)...I don't believe Byrne ever had the intention of them "sharing" their powers.

Dana

kozzi24
02-03-2006, 09:53 AM
You're on the money as usual, Dana.
Mantlo first played with their power with the "we touch and we're powerless" subplot. He did claim it was a result of Walter's tampering of Aurora. I had found the execution of the premise to be faulty: originally if they touched HANDS they created the brilliant light. Mantlo's power loss was is they touched AT ALL.
In the travesty of AF#50, Mantlo did the power share as means of "saving" Northstar and depowering Aurora.
Hundal was more direct in the sharing of powers as a means of restoring Aurora. I don't remember anything since that worked with their powers in trlation to each other, and there's been a lot of inconsistency since, especially with Aurora...as we all know.

maniac mike
02-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Here's the cover for the Marve Universe A - Z #5, and Guardian is on it...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/preview.php?image=solicits/marvelcomics/200605/ATOZHB005_COV_col.jpg

MM {guardian}

-K-M-
02-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Guardian is on the cover, but "The Handbook from A to Z rolls on Â* including bios on Gorgon, Grandmaster, Guardian, Hate-Monger, Helleyes, HERBIE, High Evolutionary, Hood, Hulkling, Humus Sapien, Hurricane, Hybrid, Hydra, Immortus, Mad Jim Jaspers, Madison Jeffries, Jester, Joystick and more! This twelve-issue monthly series focuses on new characters, characters who never received a profile and those needing major updates. "

Shaman Of The Whills
02-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Pardon my ignorance to the handbook, but just wondering, are deceased individuals also included in the handbook, or are those who are published in those pages considered to be the current Marvel hero and villain community? Obviously my intent in asking this question is clear... but are there any other deceased heroes that have been published in the book (Banshee for instance)?

MistressMerr
02-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Yup, Banshee had a nice 3-page entry in #1, ending with his death.

DelBubs
03-14-2006, 04:24 PM
ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z #6
Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, MICHAEL HOSKIN, SEAN MCQUAID, RONALD BYRD, STUART VANDAL, MARK O'ENGLISH, ANTHONY FLAMINI, ERIC J. MOREELS, CHRIS BIGGS, ANTHONY FLAMINI, MIKE FICHERA, AL SJOERDSMA, BARRY REESE, RICH GREEN, ERIC ENGLEHARD & MADISON CARTER
COVER BY KEU CHA
The Handbook from A to Z rolls on - including bios on Justice (New Universe), Ka-Zar (modern and Golden Age), Marvel UK's Killpower, the Kree, Kylun, Livewires, Living Eraser, Living Tribunal, Loki, Looter, Gideon Mace, Machine Teen, Maelstrom, Major Mapleleaf, Malice (Nakia), Victor Mancha and more! This twelve-issue monthly series focuses on new characters, characters who never received a profile and those needing major updates.
64 PGS./ NO ADS/Rated T+ ...$3.99

Full June (http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Jun06/solicitations.html) solicitations.

cmdrkoenig67
03-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Garrison Kane's on the cover too(sort of Alpha-related).

Dana

darc_light
03-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I just bought The OHOTMU #2, the only one I have, it has a great bio on the Brood \:D/ , and a very comprehensive bio on the Collector (No Champion though...Or Trevor Chase, Berzerker (Morlock), there's only so much you can put in I guess) It also has Bug of the Micronauts! :D Caliban, Callisto, Centennial, Blob (skinny and droopy :shock: !) Chamber (I never realized how horrible his injuries were until seeing him de-powered...)

That Benny Beckley kid freaks me out...he's just so :twisted:

I know most of those guys from the Masters of Obscurity/Unofficial Handbook, where I wrote a number of bios (As Darc_Light), they are really serious about getting everything right...

maniac mike
03-22-2006, 02:31 AM
OHOTMU Isssue #3 has a profile of Diamond Lil in it.

MM =D>

-K-M-
03-22-2006, 02:48 AM
OHOTMU Isssue #3 has a profile of Diamond Lil in it.

MM =D>

Did you get the issue already?

maniac mike
03-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I'll get it today, I read about her entry over at the Alpha Flight message boards yesterday.

MM

-K-M-
03-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Diamond Lil
Intelligence: 2/7
Strength: 2/7
Speed: 2/7
Durability: 6/7
Energy Projection: 1/7
Fighting Skills: 3/7

maniac mike
03-22-2006, 10:31 PM
FYI, not only does Diamond Lil have an entry in the ish but so does Raazer (Desert Sword entry but they call him Black Raazer).

MM :wink:

maniac mike
04-19-2006, 02:13 PM
ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z #7
Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, MARK O'ENGLISH, RONALD BYRD, ERIC J. MOREELS, STUART VANDAL, SEAN MCQUAID, MICHAEL HOSKIN, CHAD ANDERSON, ANTHONY FLAMINI, ERIC TIMOTHY ENGLEHARD, MADISON CARTER & MIKE FICHERA
Cover by KEU CHA
The Handbook from A to Z rolls on - including bios on Victor Mancha, Margali Szardos, two Mandarins, Marduk, Man Mountain Marko, Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr), Master Khan, MASTER OF THE WORLD, two Masterminds, Maverick, Layla Miller, Mimic, Mondo, Morg, Motormouth, Mysterium, Nebula and more! This twelve-issue monthly series focuses on new characters, characters who never received a profile and those needing major updates.
64 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Phil
05-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Have just flciked through an advance copy of #5

The Guardian bio is 3 pages long, and ends with him listed as "seemingly killed"

The Jeffries bio is 2 pages long.

I didn't read word for word, but both seem pretty accurate and well-done.

-K-M-
05-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Any possibilities of scans :)

maniac mike
06-20-2006, 07:40 PM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/preview.php?image=solicits/marvelcomics/200609/ATOZHB009_COV_col.jpg

:x They shrunk Sasquatch!

MM

Mokole
06-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Well he is on his haunches, so his full size isn't shown very well. He'd still tower over the rest standing up. 8)

skullogeist
06-29-2006, 06:54 PM
So did anyone pick up OHOTMU: A TO Z #6 this week?

maniac mike
06-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Yep! Major Mapleleaf had a full page entry. Also, Kane was in it with a small entry about his AF appearance (vol. 1) along with Kismet (Her) and her meeting with AF and when AF went after Machine Man, too!

MM :wink:

-K-M-
06-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Damn it! Why the heck doesn't my shop order the handbooks? now I have to wait several weeks for them to order it in. Did they at least explain Mapleleaf's powers or insight with the Collective incident?

SasqFan
06-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Well he is on his haunches, so his full size isn't shown very well. He'd still tower over the rest standing up. 8)

Nice try but he's still *way* too small. He should be 10ft and he's no where near that there. That hasn't even a position the character could take easily with his relatively small legs. And he looks like he's plastic, not furry. It's just a shame how poorly that character is treated. His look has often been far off model and now he looks about the size of Hank McCoy. :(

Phil
07-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Did they at least explain Mapleleaf's

Nope, cos he doesn't have any :wink:

cmdrkoenig67
07-01-2006, 08:41 PM

Yes....So where was Marionette/Princess Mari of the Micronauts? I thought since Bug got an entry, she and even Commander Rann(later in the "R"s) would get one. All three characters are owned by Marvel, so they should get entries...And where's Devil (also owned by Marvel) of the Micronauts, for that matter?

I know all characters won't get entries, but Mari and Rann should (especially if Bug did)...they've certainly been around long enough and made plenty of appearances outside their own comic.

Dana (Disgruntled Micronauts and Alpha Flight Fan)

skullogeist
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM

Yes....So where was Marionette/Princess Mari of the Micronauts? I thought since Bug got an entry, she and even Commander Rann(later in the "R"s) would get one. All three characters are owned by Marvel, so they should get entries...And where's Devil (also owned by Marvel) of the Micronauts, for that matter?

I know all characters won't get entries, but Mari and Rann should (especially if Bug did)...they've certainly been around long enough and made plenty of appearances outside their own comic.

Don't worry . . . Micronauts coverage in the OHOTMU: A TO Z is far from over. Next month's issue may be more to your liking.

rplass
07-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Spoilers

rplass
07-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Spoilers....

Spoilers.....

"The Collective quickly defeated the team, overwhelming Mapleleaf and Zuzha Yu with a wave of nanotech scorpions. Whether Mapleleaf and Puck survived the encounter reamins to be seen."

Nanotech scorpions? Where did they get that from?!?!?!

Also, where can I get some of that!

Love,
rplass

HappyCanuck
07-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Spoilers

I'm not spoiled!!

cmdrkoenig67
07-02-2006, 06:54 AM

Don't worry . . . Micronauts coverage in the OHOTMU: A TO Z is far from over. Next month's issue may be more to your liking.

Whoopee...Can I kiss you now?

Dana :wink:

-K-M-
07-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Any AF characters in #7?

skullogeist
07-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Any AF characters in #7?

Master of the World
Micromax
Microverse
M.O.D.O.K.

-K-M-
07-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Master bio:
1. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/allnewofficial7tm1.jpg
2. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/allnewofficial7tm2.jpg

When did he have the armor from the first scan? (Heroes for Hire?)

maniac mike
07-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Master bio:

Yeah, you'd think they could get a better pic of the Master.

MM :x

SasqFan
08-03-2006, 04:33 AM
Master bio:

Cripes. He looks like MC-Hammer does Battle of the Planets! :x

cmdrkoenig67
08-19-2006, 04:30 AM
Any AF characters in #7?

Master of the World
Micromax
Microverse
M.O.D.O.K.

Okay...feeling a little let down(on the whole Marionette/Microns thing), Skully.

Dana :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x

-K-M-
08-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Plodex had an entry in the recent handbook

LuminousVelocity
09-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Jumping ahead a tad, but does anyone know if Northstar will be revisited in #8? A lot of his recent happenings need some updating. Perhaps they'll wait until he's done being brainwashed and isn't a psycho anymore, though. Resolution, Marvel, please!

Flameworthy
09-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Did Persuasion have an entry in the last handbook?

-K-M-
09-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Did Persuasion have an entry in the last handbook?

No I don't think so.

DMK
09-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Was anyone else irritated by Guardians entry? When they explained his powers they kept the Qu'wrlln modifications in some ways yet had him relying on the suit for his actual powers. (I think they actually kept the "doesn't sweat" bit, for example.)

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If he lost the cybernetic powers he should have lost all the stuff from being a cyborg.

maniac mike
09-28-2006, 07:26 PM
In issue #9, we get two AF members; Sasqutach and Radius.

MM :P

-K-M-
09-28-2006, 07:35 PM

Any interesting information? such as Radius didn't really die or more about the Collective and Sasquatch?

Ahab
09-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Anyone else notice that they list Witchfire, of all characters, as one of the characters that will be in December's handbook? Wonder if that has anything to do with Oeming's plans?

Legerd
09-29-2006, 11:39 AM

Any interesting information? such as Radius didn't really die or more about the Collective and Sasquatch?

I quickly scanned the Sasquatch entry in the store and all it said about the Collective was that AF fell quickly before it. No mention as to whether Sas survived the attack or not.

kozzi24
09-30-2006, 10:53 AM
They seemed to indicate that Radius is NOT dead..."Jared was nearly killed by Avalanche, and was subsequently reported depowered in the wake of M day."

-K-M-
09-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Well well well...it was our Sasquatch in the Howling Commandos. I remember talks stating it wasn't him.

cmdrkoenig67
09-30-2006, 03:46 PM
I was one of the folks who said it was him.

Dana

Loki
10-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Well well well...it was our Sasquatch in the Howling Commandos. I remember talks stating it wasn't him.

Originally we were informed it wasn't him. Then, more recently, we were informed it was. C'est la vie.

-K-M-
10-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Well there is more Alpha Flight related entries in #9 then was mentioned:
-Roxxon (James, Courtney and Jaxon were mentioned)
-Secret Empire (Wyre and Wild Child mentioned)
-Sentinels (Jeffries was mentioned)

Confirmation of what a Legacy is from vol.2 "offspring of superhuman parents"

edit: anyone else suprised Radius is said to be a genius?

-K-M-
10-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Well I updated the alphanex with the new findings, but I guess no one is shocked Radius is a genius?
===
Confirmed Upcoming Entries:
-Puck (OHOTMU A-Z: Update #1 of 4)
-Witchfire (OHOTMU A-Z # )
-Yukon Jack (OHOTMU A-Z #12)
-Zodaic (OHOTMU A-Z #12)

SephirothsKiller
10-17-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm really not too shocked since marvel tends to like to wave two titles at people who don't otherwise have powers:

1) Olympic level athlete.
2) Genious level intelligence.

darc_light
11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
So, the Badoon are finally getting a profile in 2007...I'll have to check that out.

I've come across a number of sites (Including an old Marvel site) that say that Kyle Gibney was born in "Ross and Cromerty, Scotland", but the AOA Handbook says that Rahne Sinclaire (Wolfsbaine) was born there. Of course, the OHOTMU Master Guide also says that the human cyborg Coldblood 7 has "black feathers...". Is this just people confusing two feral characters? Rahne is certainly Scottish, but Kyle was shown as a boy in Canada, of course, he could have immigrated at a young age with his worthless parents...I say he's Canadian until proven otherwise...[/img]

Coldblood 7 can be found at
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/coldlood7.htm

Loki
11-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Well I updated the alphanex with the new findings, but I guess no one is shocked Radius is a genius?

Actually, that was a mistake on his power grid which slipped past us in the proofing process. As far as we know, Radius isn't a genius, just a regular intellect level guy.

-K-M-
11-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Actually, that was a mistake on his power grid which slipped past us in the proofing process. As far as we know, Radius isn't a genius, just a regular intellect level guy.

Gotcha, but I have a quick question was the Centinnel entry correct? as it looked like a duplicate to whatever entry was below his. I forget who it was

Barnacle13
11-21-2006, 06:51 PM

Some here would argue regular intellect may be giving him a few IQ points. I figure just cause you're a hothead doesn't mean you're an idiot though. Look at Northstar. He can be *****y and pigheaded, but he's not stupid.

Loki
11-21-2006, 09:35 PM

Gotcha, but I have a quick question was the Centinnel entry correct? as it looked like a duplicate to whatever entry was below his. I forget who it was
http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Data_Corrections_All-New_A-Z_2006_2

#
Centennial
# Crazy Eight's Power Grid stats where accidentally placed in the Centennial profile. Centennial’s Power Grid stats should read as follows: Intelligence: 3, Strength: 5, Speed: 3, Durability: 6, Energy Projection: 3, Fighting Skills: 4

http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Data_Corrections_All-New_A-Z_2006_9

Radius
# Radius’s Power Grid stats should have been Intelligence: 2, Strength: 2, Speed: 2, Durability: 6, Energy Projection: 2, Fighting Skills: 3

-K-M-
11-21-2006, 10:02 PM
You sir are great, I'll make the corrections to the alphanex

Thanks for your continuing aid on this board, it's much appreciated

Loki
11-21-2006, 10:28 PM
You sir are great, I'll make the corrections to the alphanex

Thanks for your continuing aid on this board, it's much appreciated

No problem.

-K-M-
12-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Well the handbook with Yukon Jack and Witchfire's entries was released yesterday. Anyone pick it up?

Loki
12-29-2006, 06:54 AM
Well the handbook with Yukon Jack and Witchfire's entries was released yesterday. Anyone pick it up?

Not just Yukon Jack and Witchfire - also Wild Child and Windshear, making this a particularly Alpha-heavy issue.

-K-M-
12-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Not just Yukon Jack and Witchfire - also Wild Child and Windshear, making this a particularly Alpha-heavy issue.

Really wow, I definetly have to pick this up.

Phil
12-29-2006, 06:29 PM

Indeed!

I hoped WildChild would get an entry, but Windshear was a bonus!

Bravo to all involved.

Roll on the updates...

-K-M-
12-29-2006, 07:45 PM
My shop was soldout so I have to order it, any interesting information on Witchfire or Yukon Jack?

Ahab
01-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Is there any rhyme or reason to why certain characters are featured in the Handbook? It seems really weird that Witchfire would be featured, considering we haven't seen anything about her since Volume 2. Could it be that she gets involved in the Mephisto machinations that are planned in 2007?

-K-M-
01-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Is there any rhyme or reason to why certain characters are featured in the Handbook? It seems really weird that Witchfire would be featured, considering we haven't seen anything about her since Volume 2. Could it be that she gets involved in the Mephisto machinations that are planned in 2007?

Last time we saw her was actually in vol.1, she never appeared in vol.2.

Ahab
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
True - which makes me wonder even more why the inclusion!

-K-M-
01-02-2007, 07:17 PM
True - which makes me wonder even more why the inclusion!

I would put money on she will eventually make an apperance in Omega Flight, as Oeming loves fantasy and Witchfire embodies it.

maniac mike
01-04-2007, 08:15 PM
You guys forgot to mention that the ZEITGEIST, was also in this ish too.

-K-M-
01-04-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm still on back order for this issue :(

Any interesting details?

-K-M-
01-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Finally picked up #12, best AF related enteries was Witchfire by far than Yukon Jack. Windshear was meh!, but good and Wild Child was informative but his stats were way off.

I'm updating the entries for Witchfire and Yukon Jack in the Alphanex.

Ahab
01-10-2007, 08:04 AM
What did it say the latest status of Witchfire was? Did Yukon Jack end with him living with Snowbird?

-K-M-
01-10-2007, 12:44 PM
What did it say the latest status of Witchfire was? Did Yukon Jack end with him living with Snowbird?

I updated the alphanex with the information

Witchfire status is unknown, after Alpha Flight disbanded she left to find her own place in the world.

Yukon Jack is indeed married to the temporal copy of Snowbird and ruling Kemetron

Loki
01-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Finally picked up #12, best AF related enteries was Witchfire by far than Yukon Jack. Windshear was meh!, but good and Wild Child was informative but his stats were way off.

I'm updating the entries for Witchfire and Yukon Jack in the Alphanex.

Speaking as one of the writers, but not the writer of any of those:

Sorry you found Windshear meh - how so?

As for Wild Child, keep in mind (as noted in his powers) that his stats have varied from form to form as he has changed over the years. That said, if you think the stats are way off, let us know - if you can convince us they are wrong, we'll note it in the official errata pages at Marvel.com and if a reprint is ever done, we'll try and get them corrected.

-K-M-
01-13-2007, 12:15 AM

As for Wild Child, keep in mind (as noted in his powers) that his stats have varied from form to form as he has changed over the years. That said, if you think the stats are way off, let us know - if you can convince us they are wrong, we'll note it in the official errata pages at Marvel.com and if a reprint is ever done, we'll try and get them corrected.

Oh no it was good, I was just hoping we would find out more of what he is doing currently. That's why many of us were excited to get Witchfire's entry as we wanted to know what she was up to as well. Windshear's bio is spot-on and I feel the stats were as well.

I was more miffed with his fighting skill level, when he was Weapon Omega he showed he was vastly skilled in fighting even being trained by the best in the world including Wolverine and Nick Fury and various others. He fought to a stalemate with Wolverine when he was in his Wildheart personna and even as his Wild Child classic form. Well I actually have compiled feats for the various AF members, but below is the Wild Child respect thread. I know no handbooks can be 100% accurate, my respect threads show things not mentioned in their entries but I didn't expect them to list everything. Far from realistic. Such as the feats Sasquatch has, should definetly have him at a vastly higher level than what he is.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/427954-alpha-flight-wild-child-respect-thread

Loki
01-13-2007, 09:29 AM

Oh no it was good, I was just hoping we would find out more of what he is doing currently. That's why many of us were excited to get Witchfire's entry as we wanted to know what she was up to as well. Windshear's bio is spot-on and I feel the stats were as well.

I see. Generally speaking, we aren't allowed to delve into what a character has been doing "off-camera" since their last appearance (unless, of course, that's been mentioned in another comic - e.g. Windshear has been reported de-powered in the wake of M-Day). We can make educated speculation on certain things, but we clearly mark it as such - e.g. we haven't seen Wild Child of late, but he's been reported de-powered. However the handbook noted that since he'd been genetically manipulated too, its possible some of his abilities might be intact, as those genetic alterations shouldn't have been affected by Wanda's "no more mutants" mandate.

We can clarify things though, running confused points passed editorial and writers for an official position - which is how we found out who the new Sunpyre was in Big Hero Six and where she came from, or how Humbug is still alive to be a member of Heroes for Hire when he was previously seen being eaten alive.

As to earlier posts wondering if Windshear and Witchfire's presence in the handbook was an indication of them being about to reappear, unfortunately I can't confirm or deny that. Sometimes we include someone because we do know they are about to reappear (or have reappeared recently) and we want to bring everyone up to speed on them. Sometimes we include them because they haven't been covered before, and whether they are about to reappear or not, we feel its time for them to get an entry. Sometimes we include them and then they reappear coincidentally around the same time (this seems to happen with surprising regularity - the aforementioned Humbug, or, as another example, we planned to have a Dominic Fortune entry in the A-Z, and low and behold as it was being written, a new Dominic Fortune mini-series was announced - synchronicity). And sometimes we do an entry and because of it someone reappears, because we've jogged a writer's memory of a given character.

I was more miffed with his fighting skill level, when he was Weapon Omega he showed he was vastly skilled in fighting even being trained by the best in the world including Wolverine and Nick Fury and various others. He fought to a stalemate with Wolverine when he was in his Wildheart personna and even as his Wild Child classic form.

As I said, I wasn't the writer of this particular entry, but if its his fighting stat that you feel is too low, then I suspect its because in his last seen incarnation his animalistic side had been enhanced to the point where he wasn't capable of using any skilled fighting techniques.

Well I actually have compiled feats for the various AF members, but below is the Wild Child respect thread. I know no handbooks can be 100% accurate, my respect threads show things not mentioned in their entries but I didn't expect them to list everything. Far from realistic. Such as the feats Sasquatch has, should definetly have him at a vastly higher level than what he is.

I'll check out the respect thread, but remember, the Handbooks have to factor in things like consistency and hyperbole - e.g. Hercules was once seen pulling the entire island of Manhattan into place using two chains from his back. This has been written off as a case where the comic was showing Herc's boastful account exaggerating his own feat (apart from anything else, even if Herc were that strong, where's he going to find chains that won't break, and where would he anchor them?) If a character once in a blue moon performs a feat well above what they normally can do, it usually means its either an exaggerated account, or that its an exceptional case with other factors involved. Sasquatch normally can't stop a jumbo jet as it attempts to take off and throw it like a toy. Apart from anything else, no matter how strong Sasquatch is, the mass difference means he should have been lifted into the air by the plane; we've got to figure that's a combination of hyberbole for the sake of introducing him (writers and artists not thinking through just how strong you'd have to be to do that unaided), with possible external factors such as Shaman using storm force winds to back up Sasuqatch's efforts.

Ahab
01-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Yukon Jack is indeed married to the temporal copy of Snowbird and ruling Kemetron

Ugh. I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't consider the ending of the latest series as canon, especially since things seemed to jump ahead a little in time to explain everyone's whereabouts. Using temporal copies as canon makes the whole Alpha mess even more convoluted. And as for showing Mar with Namor, I doubt any writer is going to even acknowledge that as having occurred.

-K-M-
01-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow thanks for the post Loki, I'm going have to get back with a reply later as I'm heading to work.

Much appreicated your taking the time to talk.

-K-M-
01-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Sorry sir your going to have to bear with me for the next couple days as my dog (http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1842) was put down and I'm in no mood for a debate right now. Sorry for the delay

-K-M-
01-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I see. Generally speaking, we aren't allowed to delve into what a character has been doing "off-camera" since their last appearance (unless, of course, that's been mentioned in another comic - e.g. Windshear has been reported de-powered in the wake of M-Day). We can make educated speculation on certain things, but we clearly mark it as such - e.g. we haven't seen Wild Child of late, but he's been reported de-powered. However the handbook noted that since he'd been genetically manipulated too, its possible some of his abilities might be intact, as those genetic alterations shouldn't have been affected by Wanda's "no more mutants" mandate.

We can clarify things though, running confused points passed editorial and writers for an official position - which is how we found out who the new Sunpyre was in Big Hero Six and where she came from, or how Humbug is still alive to be a member of Heroes for Hire when he was previously seen being eaten alive.

As to earlier posts wondering if Windshear and Witchfire's presence in the handbook was an indication of them being about to reappear, unfortunately I can't confirm or deny that. Sometimes we include someone because we do know they are about to reappear (or have reappeared recently) and we want to bring everyone up to speed on them. Sometimes we include them because they haven't been covered before, and whether they are about to reappear or not, we feel its time for them to get an entry. Sometimes we include them and then they reappear coincidentally around the same time (this seems to happen with surprising regularity - the aforementioned Humbug, or, as another example, we planned to have a Dominic Fortune entry in the A-Z, and low and behold as it was being written, a new Dominic Fortune mini-series was announced - synchronicity). And sometimes we do an entry and because of it someone reappears, because we've jogged a writer's memory of a given character.

Yeah that's understandable, we were still hoping we may figure out what has happened to them. For instance in the X-Men 198 handbook they list Persuasion was a prisoner in Weapon X's Neverland Camp. No one knew about this, as she never appeared during Weapon X series. So that was more information we actually knew. Some of us were hoping a gem like that might appear again. Or the reveal the Sasquatch from Howling Commandos was in fact Alpha Flight's Sasquatch.

Understandable, keeping track of every Marvel character 100% is well darn near impossible.

haha yeah looking through the a-z handbook I relived memories of characters I outright completly forgot.

As I said, I wasn't the writer of this particular entry, but if its his fighting stat that you feel is too low, then I suspect its because in his last seen incarnation his animalistic side had been enhanced to the point where he wasn't capable of using any skilled fighting techniques.

His mind was not an animal, he was just like Sabertooth feral but still skilled. He wouldn't forget all of his traning as even when he was feral during Weapon X, it was Wild Child who beat Sunfire while Sabertooth got flash boiled.

I'll check out the respect thread, but remember, the Handbooks have to factor in things like consistency and hyperbole - e.g. Hercules was once seen pulling the entire island of Manhattan into place using two chains from his back. This has been written off as a case where the comic was showing Herc's boastful account exaggerating his own feat (apart from anything else, even if Herc were that strong, where's he going to find chains that won't break, and where would he anchor them?) If a character once in a blue moon performs a feat well above what they normally can do, it usually means its either an exaggerated account, or that its an exceptional case with other factors involved. Sasquatch normally can't stop a jumbo jet as it attempts to take off and throw it like a toy. Apart from anything else, no matter how strong Sasquatch is, the mass difference means he should have been lifted into the air by the plane; we've got to figure that's a combination of hyberbole for the sake of introducing him (writers and artists not thinking through just how strong you'd have to be to do that unaided), with possible external factors such as Shaman using storm force winds to back up Sasuqatch's efforts.

I agree with the Hercules examples, but Sasquatch doesn't have something to that extreme degree. Sasquatch does have various feats not just once in a blue moon that puts him over 70 tons. He has even caught a 6 story building from falling completly over, as well as dragged and lifted out of the water a fully equipped battle cruiser, Thing has admited Sasquatch was stronger (At that time Thing was class 80), and while Walter returned he mentioned the Box robot isn't half the strength of Sasquatch (At that time it was class 85). Then there's the fact Sasquatch can become an Elder God completly possessed by Tanaraq, even giving Talisman a challenge causing her to have a magical backlash. He is the personification of death on Earth when it was first commencing to come alive, and he and the other beasts control death and decay to use against mankind.
=====
Thanks again for taking the time for your reply, it's greatly appreicated and nice to have associates of Marvel coming and talking to us. It was informative and beneifical.

Phil
01-22-2007, 11:32 PM
For instance in the X-Men 198 handbook they list Persuasion was a prisoner in Weapon X's Neverland Camp. No one knew about this, as she never appeared during Weapon X series. So that was more information we actually knew.

Actually Tieri revealed it over on X-Fan back when #5 came out years back. And that it was nly because of a colourist error that she survived the culling.

Or the reveal the Sasquatch from Howling Commandos was in fact Alpha Flight's Sasquatch.

Again, it was something we all presumed it was just the writer at the time declared it was the actual Sasquatch rather than Walt, although as stated that hasn't become the case.

-K-M-
01-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Actually Tieri revealed it over on X-Fan back when #5 came out years back. And that it was nly because of a colourist error that she survived the culling.

Again, it was something we all presumed it was just the writer at the time declared it was the actual Sasquatch rather than Walt, although as stated that hasn't become the case.

X-Fan?

We might have presumed it but even Loki as he stated didn't know until just briefly before the Sasquatch entry came out.

cmdrkoenig67
01-23-2007, 12:14 PM
For instance in the X-Men 198 handbook they list Persuasion was a prisoner in Weapon X's Neverland Camp. No one knew about this, as she never appeared during Weapon X series. So that was more information we actually knew.

Why does everyone (including Tieri) blame it on a colorist error?...Have any of you actually read the Weapon X book? It was an ARTIST error...The character drawn WAS Sienna Blaze (she was colored correctly too)...There is nobody (I repeat) NOBODY in the series who even remotely resembles a miscolored Kara Killgrave. As Mungi stated...Persuasion was not in the Weapon X series...Period. Frank Tieri may have intended her to be there, but she was nowhere to be seen (as far as the art was concerned). Now, Kara may have been in the camp as the 198 Handbook states, but it also states that she is alive and well (and has her powers). NOTE: Kara has also NOT been shown as a member of the 198 (other than the already-mentioned handbook) in any of the X-books (Diamond Lil has...Never Kara)...She has not appeared since AF Vol1 issue 130.

Or the reveal the Sasquatch from Howling Commandos was in fact Alpha Flight's Sasquatch.

Again, it was something we all presumed it was just the writer at the time declared it was the actual Sasquatch rather than Walt, although as stated that hasn't become the case.[/quote]

What "reveal"? It was not A sasquatch, but THE Sasquatch (Freakin' Walter Langkowski, people...try to pay attention)....That's the way it was written (IN THE BOOK)...By the very writer you speak of. It was Walter and yes...He was written very badly, but it was still Walter.

Dana

Phil
01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Frank Tieri may have intended her to be there, but she was nowhere to be seen (as far as the art was concerned). Now, Kara may have been in the camp as the 198 Handbook states, but it also states that she is alive and well (and has her powers).

Then that's all we have to go on.

It was not A sasquatch, but THE Sasquatch (Freakin' Walter Langkowski, people...try to pay attention)....That's the way it was written (IN THE BOOK)...By the very writer you speak of. It was Walter and yes...He was written very badly, but it was still Walter.

Yet Giffen denied it was Walter at the time.

cmdrkoenig67
01-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Frank Tieri may have intended her to be there, but she was nowhere to be seen (as far as the art was concerned). Now, Kara may have been in the camp as the 198 Handbook states, but it also states that she is alive and well (and has her powers).

Then that's all we have to go on.

It was not A sasquatch, but THE Sasquatch (Freakin' Walter Langkowski, people...try to pay attention)....That's the way it was written (IN THE BOOK)...By the very writer you speak of. It was Walter and yes...He was written very badly, but it was still Walter.

Yet Giffen denied it was Walter at the time.

Hmmm...Maybe he doesn't read what he writes?

Dana

Phil
01-23-2007, 12:31 PM

Pass, I haven't read the scripts so I know not.

It's canon now though, so there we go.

cmdrkoenig67
01-23-2007, 01:02 PM

Pass, I haven't read the scripts so I know not.

It's canon now though, so there we go.

Yup...Walter Langkowski/Sasquatch is now a former member of the Howling Commandos....ick.

Dana

SephirothsKiller
01-23-2007, 07:09 PM

I agree with the Hercules examples, but Sasquatch doesn't have something to that extreme degree. Sasquatch does have various feats not just once in a blue moon that puts him over 70 tons. He has even caught a 6 story building from falling completly over, as well as dragged and lifted out of the water a fully equipped battle cruiser, Thing has admited Sasquatch was stronger (At that time Thing was class 80), and while Walter returned he mentioned the Box robot isn't half the strength of Sasquatch (At that time it was class 85). Then there's the fact Sasquatch can become an Elder God completly possessed by Tanaraq, even giving Talisman a challenge causing her to have a magical backlash. He is the personification of death on Earth when it was first commencing to come alive, and he and the other beasts control death and decay to use against mankind.
=====
Thanks again for taking the time for your reply, it's greatly appreicated and nice to have associates of Marvel coming and talking to us. It was informative and beneifical.

As always, Mungi is right. The battle cruiser especially is quite a good example, since it wasn't a spur of the moment thing, but something he did do the ship could be repaired. The "Box is not half as strong as Sasquatch" thing is pretty significant too.

Hmm... I'm worried about poor Sassy, soon they'll forget he has a healing factor and ability to withstand armour piercing machine gun fire.

P.S. When was it confirmed that it was indeed him in Howling Commando's? (Ugh).

I've noticed lots of people like to use Sasquatch, he's a fun character. If OF doesn't work out I say give him a solo try.

P.P.S. Want someone who hasn't justified his strength level? (IMHO) Iron Man. Level 100? Please.

cmdrkoenig67
01-23-2007, 07:37 PM
P.S. When was it confirmed that it was indeed him in Howling Commando's? (Ugh).

It was written that way in the HC series plain as day, even though some folks can't seem to see it...But it was again confirmed in the recent mMarvel Handbook series (in Sassy's entry)...I agree with you about the (Ugh) too (that series was just...Uh...Well....Ugh).

[quote=SephirothsKiller]I've noticed lots of people like to use Sasquatch, he's a fun character. If OF doesn't work out I say give him a solo try.

That might be fun.

P.P.S. Want someone who hasn't justified his strength level? (IMHO) Iron Man. Level 100? Please.

LOL....you know it.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
01-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Hey...Does anyone know if there is any Alpha content in the new Handbook update that came out yesterday? I'll be buying it, but I was just curious if anybody knew already.

Dana

Ben
01-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Hey...Does anyone know if there is any Alpha content in the new Handbook update that came out yesterday? I'll be buying it, but I was just curious if anybody knew already.

Dana

Puck, Hunter In The Darkness, and Contest Of Champions.

Ben

Canucklehead
01-25-2007, 09:41 AM

Hmm, who's this Hunter In The Darkness? Never heard of him/her/it.

Loki
01-25-2007, 01:59 PM

Ugh. I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't consider the ending of the latest series as canon, especially since things seemed to jump ahead a little in time to explain everyone's whereabouts. Using temporal copies as canon makes the whole Alpha mess even more convoluted. And as for showing Mar with Namor, I doubt any writer is going to even acknowledge that as having occurred.

I'm afraid the ending of the last series does seem to be canon - we asked when we were writing the appropriate profiles whether to acknowledge that "flash forward" or not, and were told we should. However, as the Puck entry clarifies somewhat, it does appear that the temporal copies have vanished, whether back to their own timeline or absorbed into their current day counterparts or something, and that it was "our" Alphans who took on the Collective.

As for seeing Mar with Namor, the old Avenging Son has a bad track record for looking after kids left in his care - check out Sibyl, who Rom left with Namor. Never seen again. I guess he just tends to dump them in the royal creche and forgets about them.

Loki
01-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry sir your going to have to bear with me for the next couple days as my dog (http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1842) was put down and I'm in no mood for a debate right now. Sorry for the delay

I'm sorry to hear about that, and no need to apologise.

Loki
01-25-2007, 02:22 PM

His mind was not an animal, he was just like Sabertooth feral but still skilled. He wouldn't forget all of his traning as even when he was feral during Weapon X, it was Wild Child who beat Sunfire while Sabertooth got flash boiled.

Again, I didn't write the profile, and if you want to e-mail ohotmu@gmail.com with your explanations of why the rating is too low, I'll gladly present the evidence to the writing team. That said, I would still argue that while that feral, he may have still retained some of his fighting skills, just not all of them.

You make some good points, and again I'll happily take them to the team for further discussion. On some of the specific points though:

I would argue that Walter saying the Box robot wasn't half as strong as Sasquatch isn't a very scientific estimate (e.g. it does support him being stronger than Box, but not twice as strong).

Dragging and partially lifting an end of a battle cruiser doesn't mean he can lift the full weight of that cruiser - guys taking part in the world's strongest man competitions pull vehicles weighing over a ton, but there's no way they could lift them.

How powerful Sasquatch is when Tanaraq is in charge doesn't reflect how powerful he is when Walter is in charge.
=====

No problem. Happy to discuss things.

Loki
01-25-2007, 02:27 PM

The handbook writers also asked at that time; intially we were told it wasn't Walt (which made sense, as he isn't THE sasquatch of legend, plus why would SHIELD have taken him prisoner?), but we were subsequently told it was Walt after all.

Sometimes things change.

Loki
01-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Hmm, who's this Hunter In The Darkness? Never heard of him/her/it.

A creature which lived in the Canadian wilderness, which ran into Wolverine and Alpha a few times. For the (somewhat convoluted) full version, you need to buy the Handbook.

-K-M-
01-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Again, I didn't write the profile, and if you want to e-mail ohotmu@gmail.com with your explanations of why the rating is too low, I'll gladly present the evidence to the writing team. That said, I would still argue that while that feral, he may have still retained some of his fighting skills, just not all of them.

Hmmm...I just might email them actually. Should I provide the scans depicting Wild Child? they will most likely know what I'm talking about. Well even as Wildheart he tapped into his feral state and still beat the highly skilled Flagstone that was trained by Puck. Even Wolverine who goes into his feral state is still said to be very skilled in his animalistic form. So sure he might have lost some of his tranining, but not that low.

You make some good points, and again I'll happily take them to the team for further discussion. On some of the specific points though:

I would argue that Walter saying the Box robot wasn't half as strong as Sasquatch isn't a very scientific estimate (e.g. it does support him being stronger than Box, but not twice as strong).

Dragging and partially lifting an end of a battle cruiser doesn't mean he can lift the full weight of that cruiser - guys taking part in the world's strongest man competitions pull vehicles weighing over a ton, but there's no way they could lift them.

How powerful Sasquatch is when Tanaraq is in charge doesn't reflect how powerful he is when Walter is in charge.

Well I have no idea what Sasquatch true limit of strength is, that was just an example of how his class 70 ranking does not equal to what has been shown and stated.

I never implied he could lift the whole thing, but how effortesly he did it shows he has vastly higher strength. He even went toe to toe with Savage Hulk for over 30 minutes and he didn't even want to fight for most of it since he felt guilty. He held the destroyed up long enough for Guardian to even repair the front end and then pushed it back out. That's impressive.

Well technically it somewhat does, as stated the more anger or pain Sasquatch experiences Tanaraq slowly begins to take control. He's just like the Hulk.

Loki
01-25-2007, 06:37 PM

Hmmm...I just might email them actually. Should I provide the scans depicting Wild Child? they will most likely know what I'm talking about. Well even as Wildheart he tapped into his feral state and still beat the highly skilled Flagstone that was trained by Puck. Even Wolverine who goes into his feral state is still said to be very skilled in his animalistic form. So sure he might have lost some of his tranining, but not that low.

Providing scans would help, but isn't vital. Tapping in to your feral side isn't the same as being dominated by it; there's bound to be a loss of skills to go with the loss of control. But as you say, some loss doesn't automatically equate to a total loss, so you might be able to argue for a higher level than the handbook gave.

Well I have no idea what Sasquatch true limit of strength is, that was just an example of how his class 70 ranking does not equal to what has been shown and stated.

I never implied he could lift the whole thing, but how effortesly he did it shows he has vastly higher strength. He even went toe to toe with Savage Hulk for over 30 minutes and he didn't even want to fight for most of it since he felt guilty. He held the destroyed up long enough for Guardian to even repair the front end and then pushed it back out. That's impressive.

Well technically it somewhat does, as stated the more anger or pain Sasquatch experiences Tanaraq slowly begins to take control. He's just like the Hulk.
Sorry, I should have made it clearer, I do agree that Sasquatch should probably be higher than 70 tons. I just wanted to note that the feats you listed aren't conclusive proof of a specific level.

-K-M-
01-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Providing scans would help, but isn't vital. Tapping in to your feral side isn't the same as being dominated by it; there's bound to be a loss of skills to go with the loss of control. But as you say, some loss doesn't automatically equate to a total loss, so you might be able to argue for a higher level than the handbook gave.

Shoot, I just sent the email without the scans. Indeed I made comment about that in the email, sure he wouldn't remember it all but 3/7 is pretty low. Also Wildheart was losting control to his feral side, which ultimately led into the horrible depiction of him in X-Factor. It's funny 2 years ago I knew nothing about Alpha Flight and now I try to get as much information on all the members

Sorry, I should have made it clearer, I do agree that Sasquatch should probably be higher than 70 tons. I just wanted to note that the feats you listed aren't conclusive proof of a specific level.

Oh yeah definetly, even I have no idea what his "true" strength limit. I guess it all depends on the next writer who wishes to utilize him. I just wanted to object his 70 tons rankings which doesn't make much sense. Even Super Skrull was shocked by his might "and realized with bone-chilling certainty that his full strength (Super Skrull) may not be sufficient".
====
Thanks again for taking the time to reply back, it's greatly appreicated.

-K-M-
01-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Ben

I can honestly say I have never heard of Hunter in the Darkness. What issues does he/she appear in. I'll be getting the handbook hopefully this weekend if I have time along with the rest of my issues.

Phil
01-26-2007, 12:11 AM

The handbook writers also asked at that time; intially we were told it wasn't Walt (which made sense, as he isn't THE sasquatch of legend, plus why would SHIELD have taken him prisoner?), but we were subsequently told it was Walt after all.

Sometimes things change.

Not knocking yourselves at all.
I understand the business.

Phil
01-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Ben

I can honestly say I have never heard of Hunter in the Darkness. What issues does he/she appear in. I'll be getting the handbook hopefully this weekend if I have time along with the rest of my issues.

Of the top of my (quite drunk) head it was in Wolverine #34-36 and Heather and Mac appeared in said issues.

-K-M-
01-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Wolverine #34-36, was the Puck Spanish Civil War issues.

EDIT: I know what your talking about Wolverine #83-84, it's those damn giant wolves. I remember now.

Phil
01-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Wolverine #34-36, was the Puck Spanish Civil War issues.

EDIT: I know what your talking about Wolverine #83-84, it's those damn giant wolves. I remember now.

That'd be the ones. :oops:

Ahab
01-26-2007, 09:03 AM
[quote="Loki
As for seeing Mar with Namor, the old Avenging Son has a bad track record for looking after kids left in his care - check out Sibyl, who Rom left with Namor. Never seen again. I guess he just tends to dump them in the royal creche and forgets about them.[/quote]

Just goes to show that Namor is nothing more than a water-breathing Brittany Spears...

DelBubs
01-27-2007, 05:40 AM
As for seeing Mar with Namor, the old Avenging Son has a bad track record for looking after kids left in his care - check out Sibyl, who Rom left with Namor. Never seen again. I guess he just tends to dump them in the royal creche and forgets about them.

Just goes to show that Namor is nothing more than a water-breathing Brittany Spears...
Yeah, but at least when he gets out of a Limo, you don't get to see his Snorkel ! :?

darc_light
02-12-2007, 01:24 AM
I was glad to finally get some information on the Badoon, and it was also good to see another Micronaut, Huntarr.

I remember Puck going back in time, he, Wolvie and Lady Dee had a pretty bloody throwdown.

I've never heard of Hunter In Darkness either, surprising as he interacted with lady Deathstrike. I have, however, heard of Ronald Parvenue, He's working with Yuriko in the Wolverine issue that comes with the Lady Deathstrike Marvel Legends figure. Puck mentions that she overtuned his boat...

Transmetropolitan
02-12-2007, 01:41 AM
The Hunter in Darkness? A fun hombre, to say the least.

Also featured in one of the issues of Wolverine that I borrowed from my sister for the purpose of checking up on a certain EM-suited pair of heroes...