PDA

View Full Version : A-List creative team for Alpha Flight

Garry/Al-Fan
02-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Okay, New Avengers# 16 is out, it isn't what it was solicited to be [Alpha Flight's final battle], and it features the most popular characters.

Although I agree with the opinion that Alpha Flight would be difficult to relaunch successfully even if their appearance in NA# 16 were well-executed, I also feel that MARVEL will try to capitalize on the Canadian characters again.

DelBubs
02-17-2006, 08:08 PM
A gentleman called 'Rawhide Kid' made a comment on the 'Joe Fridays thread that gives rise to oh so much speculation (http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=9b386c12a4b1ee7843ab4a808084a67f&threadid=59640) :P :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Mokole
02-17-2006, 08:34 PM
I could live with lots of writers because lots could do well. Furman, Morrison, Brubaker, Vaughn, me. Not Claremont, or Slott.

Shaman Of The Whills
02-18-2006, 12:40 AM
While I put my vote on Vaughn, because I've truly enjoyed the work of the Runaways comic, ultimately I would love, love, love to see Joss Whedon take on Alpha, because I think he would really do some proper research and bring the characters that we love into their true beings, while still involving them in good stories... course that is quite unlikely indeed that he'd be put onto that... but I can pray for miracles.

Obsidian3d
02-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Can we get some covers by Alex Ross while we're at it?

Shaman Of The Whills
02-18-2006, 01:03 AM
That would be almost too spectacular... one image of the Joker and Harley Quinn that Ross did has stuck with me for quite some time and it still gives me chills... I love his rendition of DC heroes, it would be great to see what he would do with Alpha Flight...

Spyridona
02-18-2006, 01:34 AM
My secrect dream is for Neil Giaman to write AF, because I would love a more 'fantasy' type bent the Sandman had and I really enjoyed 1602. However, a close second with be Dan Slott, who has a good all around writing style.

As for art work... Bryan Hitch. He does lovely realistic work, making everyone eye pleasing for both the men and the ladies. Though Jae Lee drawing Snowbird's transformations would be gorgous since he (?) does a beautiful Human Torch.

-K-M-
02-18-2006, 01:54 AM
A gentleman called 'Rawhide Kid' made a comment on the 'Joe Fridays thread that gives rise to oh so much speculation (http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=9b386c12a4b1ee7843ab4a808084a67f&threadid=59640) :P :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Claremont? that would be nuts.

Edit: Didn't Bryan Hitch say awhile back he wanted to do a series?

Garry/Al-Fan
02-18-2006, 11:58 AM
...Didn't Bryan Hitch say awhile back he wanted to do a series?

The same Bryan Hitch who did the artwork for "Band of the Bland" in the All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe? Please tell me (or post me) something that shows he deserves serious consideration.

I'm surprised no one is saying anything about Ed Northcutt.

And going back to X-Men Unlimited# 12, Christopher E. Long has captured the most real Puck I've read in quite some time:

Puck's word balloon: "I used to help people...I enjoyed helping people.
But that person I was...I can barely even remember him."

Puck's word balloon: "I want to. But I can't...Don't know how."

I should've put Long on the list.

DelBubs
02-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I thought of Ed, but figured he'd be kinda busy with his Degrassis stuff.

RatCat
02-18-2006, 12:42 PM
I love Dan Slott.

Some Canadian talent that would be cool to work on it would be Ty Templeton or David Finch.

I’d also love to see Deadpool involved somehow… Don’t know how he would be involved but it would be cool if he was.

kozzi24
02-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Given his skill at mixing humor, Pathos, attention to continuity and serious stories, I'd be all for Peter David

RatCat
02-18-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure, but I think kozzi likes PAD... :wink:

DelBubs
02-18-2006, 01:26 PM
\Well given his skill at mixing humor, Pathos, attention to continuity and serious stories, you can understand why :-)

kozzi24
02-18-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm getting an error message that replies could not be posted due to errors...didn't realize it went up twice.

DelBubs
02-18-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm getting the same every time I post, I'm clicking straight onto the forum link after posting, cuts out double posting. You should be able to delete those.

Ben
02-18-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm getting an error message that replies could not be posted due to errors...didn't realize it went up twice.

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1191

Ben

Spyridona
02-18-2006, 03:11 PM
The same Bryan Hitch who did the artwork for "Band of the Bland" in the All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe? Please tell me (or post me) something that shows he deserves serious consideration.

The Bryan Hitch that's doing the Ulimates for the past few years. Though I'm still not sure if it was Hitch that caused the delays or Millar. Here's an example scan from issue #6.

http://www.prometheusbondage.com/images/comicscans/ultimates20606.jpg

MistressMerr
02-19-2006, 07:38 PM
I have never read anything by Brian K. Vaughn that I did not enjoy immensely, he'd be a great choice.

maniac mike
02-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Olivier Coipel was the artist on AF, since he is one of the "Young Guns" at Marvel.

MM :^o

Garry/Al-Fan
02-22-2006, 11:55 AM

The Bryan Hitch that's doing the Ulimates for the past few years. Though I'm still not sure if it was Hitch that caused the delays or Millar. Here's an example scan from issue #6.

http://www.prometheusbondage.com/images/comicscans/ultimates20606.jpg

Thanks, Spyridona! Now I see why. Excellent artwork.