PDA

View Full Version : Spam Posts?

darc_light
02-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Is it my imagination, or are there spam posts on messageboards, we just got a post for "XXX Videos" from someone I've never heard of, another message board I'm on keeps getting posts for some type of internet match-making site...I worry that, not only are annoying (at least to me), but is there a possibility they could carry viruses?

"Paranoia simply means having all the facts." William S. Burroughs

Ben
02-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Don't worry, it happens from time to time. Usually I nail it pretty quickly, and you never know it happened, but my power went out last night, so I missed it going up. No need to worry about viruses. I took steps on the forum not allowing anything to auto run in a script (which is the reason you can't actually show images from the photo album in the body of one of your posts)

Ben

darc_light
02-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks 8)

HappyCanuck
06-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Since Ben asked me to help with the moderating duties on this board, I've managed to delete and block several spammers, and, with the help of Ben, Phil and Del, we're catching them quite quick, however I'm pretty certain I haven't got them all. If you notice one we've apparently missed or a post that's suspect, can you please send one of us a Personal Message (the button is found in the banner at the top of all the forum pages), letting us know what topic and catagory it's found in?

Thanks.

DelBubs
06-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I've also deleted several spammers over the last few days, most seem to share the same birthday :-)

HappyCanuck
06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
heh, noticed that m'self.

Transmetropolitan
06-06-2006, 07:47 PM
:twisted: DEATH TO THE SPAMMERITES! :twisted:

There.

I'm done.

cmdrkoenig67
07-18-2006, 11:59 AM
They're at it again....and now they want to know where we travel to? I hate Fricken Spammers(I had to ban a bunch of them from some of my gaming Yahoo Groups recently)!

Dana :x

Phil
07-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I've been deleting loads lately...

Ben
07-20-2006, 03:18 AM
I'll set up some increased security when I have a chance...in a few months

Ben

Mokole
07-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Well it's hard to block spammers, but you all are doing a good job of getting things wiped off pretty fast. :D

Le Messor
07-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Ugh, I just was around for one of the worst experiences...

Somebody got ear spam (over the 'phone) and answered with "I'm on my way to my husband's funeral". I mean, the timing...

(Oh, and she really was; I went to the same funeral.)

- LM
"A manager is someone who can look at two numbers on a piece of paper and immediately tell which one is bigger."
- R. Metcalfe