PDA

View Full Version : Questions, questions

Mokole
02-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Might as well speculate.

Did anyone survive New Avengers #16?

-I'd say most did.

Did anyone die in New Avengers #16?

-I'd say yes, otherwise it'd be hard to say that the Collective is much of a threat, since it didn't kill anyone. Who likely died? I'd think two did, either MML and Zuzha, Heather and MML, Mac and Puck, Mac and MML, Puck and Heather, Shaman and Puck. Somehow I can't see Sasquatch being killed. Most likely is Zuzha and MML but they may replace Judd with Zuzha on the team.

Will it still be called Alpha Flight?

-I'm leaning towards yes. They won't be Avengers Light or New Northern Leaguers.

Will there be any new characters?

-Gosh, yes. Wolverine? Ares? A new character? An EXile maybe like Nocturne in Excalibur? Or will Psylocke's "change of scenery" be AF?

Will old AFers be in?

-Northstar I think is a lock, Aurora maybe. That's it.

When will it appear?

-July at the earliest, November at the latest. Most likely....September, after Civil War has run its course in August.

Shaman Of The Whills
02-19-2006, 07:08 PM
My answers are pretty much based on hope rather than actual speculation, but here it goes.
Yes. Puck, Shaman and Sasquatch.
Mac, Puck II (despite unresolved elements of her story).
Yes, at least in some manner. Perhaps there will be some multiple name situation. Perhaps expressed as a subset of Avengers International, but still called Alpha Flight.
Hopefully only one entirely new character in whatever starts the team up again, although I'd push for new members as the team is expanded.
Wolverine?
I'd only push for Wolverine if they took him out of the New Avengers, and in either case I'd find it highly unlikely. Also if he was there I would want him to make a firm commitment to it and not be wandering off every single day (in a way to make sure that there would be a secure extra fanbase attached to the group), but I would also be very put out if they tried to slip him in as team leader.
A new character? An EXile maybe like Nocturne in Excalibur?
I don't know which one would be slipped in, although I would be very fond of that idea as I have very much enjoyed Nocture in the pages of New Excalibur.
Will old AFers be in?
I think Northstar will be too preoccupied with his x-connections, although I could see him returning if Aurora does indeed join up with them. Other than that, I can't see too many old names popping up.
When will it appear?
I hope that the team will continue to be involved during the Civil War arc, building up some street cred and making some major actions during the event, and the actual title showing up post-Civil War.

RatCat
02-19-2006, 07:21 PM

I’d say that due to fan reaction all of them did. Of course that will make the marketing of “Alpha Flight’s final battle” seem nonsensical.

Judging by how fast they reacted to calm everyone down I’d say that none of them died.

No, that is the only way they can save face from the whole “final battle” thing

Judging by the love Marvel has for having Wolverine in team books I’d say he was an odds on favorite… but that’s really not fair, he’s the odds on favorite to join every book at some point… Other possibilities would be maybe X-23… Deadpool… they both have Canadian connections.

Will old AFers be in?

They may have the “we got beat so bad that I want to retire” scene to replace a funeral scene… I suspect Puck and Sasquatch will be in it for sure I’m wondering what they are going to do with Northstar… have they cured him of his slight case of evil undead zombie-itius yet?

When will it appear?

This is tricky… Cause technically they haven’t said there is going to be a new book… just that something will happen… Who knows what that means? I think we as Alpha Flight fans have to keep up the pressure on Marvel so that they know that it wasn’t just a knee jerk reaction and we are seriously dedicated to seeing a new title. Having said that If a new book is in fact on the why I’ll guess late 06 with an announcement on creative teams during the convention season… possibly (if they are smart) choosing one of the Toronto conventions.

Garry/Al-Fan
02-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Did anyone survive New Avengers # 16?

Definitely Mac, since he's slated for Civil War.

Did anyone die in New Avengers # 16?

Don't know. MARVEL backpeddled so quick off the whole "final battle" thing that it's hard to say.

Probably not, which will be a shame.

Yes. Chuck Moss/Earthmover hasn't been used much, might be considered "new."

Will old AFers be in?

Mac and Heather, yes. Sasquatch, probably. Puck, maybe. Shaman (even though he is one of my personal favorites) and Northstar, no.
Aurora, Snowbird, and Talisman...I hope so.

When will it appear?

Considering how AF's guest-appearance straddles the fence and could go either way, I'd say by the end of summer this year.

JackFrostUK
02-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Sasquatch, Puck, Shaman, Mac (he's died enough times)

I'd say Lobdell's Vol 3 characters did, hopefully the classic members are the ones from the past.

I think the team will have a Canadian type name.

Wolverine....maybe someone effected by the Colective's rampage in NA #16.

Will old AFers be in?
Puck, Sasquatch, Northstar, Aurora and Box maybe.

When will it appear?
Winter 2006? Maybe some oneshots before the series?

A Canada 5th week event with Wolverine teaming up with a diff member each oneshot.

WOLVERINE/GUARDIAN
WOLVERINE/PUCK
WOLVERINE/SASQUATCH
WOLVERINE/NEW MEMBER
WOLVERINE/NORTHSTAR

Maybe John Bryne could do one?