PDA

View Full Version : Civil War : Who's To Blame?

DelBubs
02-21-2006, 07:21 PM
I know it was mentioned on one thread that it was the actions of a specific team that led to the onsset of 'Civil War', speculation as to Alpha Flight was mentioned at this thread, but I'll be damned if I can remember which one. So I'm gonna post this (http://www.popcultureshock.com/pcs/gallery.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15261) here. If it's a repeat of somthing posted elsewhere, I'm sure someone will let me know :-)

MistressMerr
02-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah, those would be the New Warriors, filming the second season of their reality TV show. Can't say I'm too happy about this turn of events, I really like them.

cmdrkoenig67
02-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Hmmmm...It doesn't say anything about it starring Alpha Flight. I can't see AF playing a very big role in this(regardless of the minor, two member appearance in the poster ad)...if they do, I'll be very surprised.

Dana

PWalk
02-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Well if thats how the war starts I can't say I'm that excited. Meh.

Shaman Of The Whills
02-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Well if thats how the war starts I can't say I'm that excited. Meh.
Yeah, that was really disappointing... it didn't seem quite... spectacular enough. Wow, a villain responded to superhero threat by blowing things up, which resulted in the deaths of alot of people... meh, its happened before. Things get smashed. Buildings get blown up. Its the way of the comic book world. I mean look at Star City right now! Heck, look at what happened to Coast City... hopefully there is more to it than this, because if this is it... enh... we're off to a slow, slow start.

DelBubs
02-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Well it's a double size issue and we saw three pages of story so I guess we have another 30 pages at least to see how this pans out.

Mokole
02-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I recognize 'Nitro' as the exploding guy but who else are the New Warriors going after there??

-K-M-
02-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Looks like New Warriors will be killed off
============
1. http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7867854&postcount=281

DelBubs
02-22-2006, 03:35 PM
We've been having this discussion on the 'Warriors' mailing list. We have Nova, Justice and Firestar definately not dying ('Annihilation' and 'I Heart Marvel' show this). Then we have all that 'Speedy must die'stuff from Mr Quesada, we all know he likes a spoiler, but come on, plus we have an upcoming Speedy/Squirrel Girl story coming soon. Now if we take into account what his actual powers are, then I'm 99% certain he'll be about after Nitro go boom. Namorita I'm not sure about, the heat of the explosion will severely dehydrate her, plus the close proximity, very debateble. Night Thrasher, oh I do hope so and I hope it was bloody painful. Them other two from vol 3, who knows, never read vol 3, I was still suffering the burns of Alpha Flight vol 3.

So very much like Alpha Flight, as long as some of the team remains then the name will survive.

kozzi24
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I thought the actions by a specific team that start things are actions by the Illuminati, the retro team.
The New Warriors scene could be a focus of "holding anonymous vigilantes responsible for the damage they cause."