View Full Version : New Trailer for X3

shaman
03-07-2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/

who the hell is that kid?
I don't remember anyone like that

Shaman Of The Whills
03-08-2006, 01:22 AM
That kid is actually supposed to be Leech oddly enough. I've got a general plot summary, that is supported by the trailer, so if you want (or if you haven't already heard) I can start spilling beans on the movie... couple significant deaths... plenty of new characters to go around...

Personally looking forward to at least some element of it... taken from the Gifted story that I really liked, but then again I also loved God Loves, Man Kills, and X2 managed to seriously alter certain key things that upset me, so I guess I really should keep my mouth shut and think before deciding... but at least looking forward to some actual Shadowcat action, some Beast leaping, Angel flying looks nice, and oh, the fastball special.

shaman
03-08-2006, 06:54 PM
I don't mind if you spill the beans. just write SPOILERS! at the top so people know not to read it if they want to be surprised. I, however, can not wait.

Shaman Of The Whills
03-08-2006, 08:40 PM
SPOILERS BELOW

Anyways, I can tell you what I know of the basic plot. I don't know the order of everything just the basic ideas. It begins with a blade slicing out at the screen, assumed to be Wolverine's claw, turns out, no. Its actually a razor blade that young Warren Worthington is using to cut off his wings... apparently he hates being a mutant. After this initial moment. Also in flashbacks, we will gain the story of a young Jean Grey, who apparently is a psycho, having terrorized her neighborhood Phoenix style. Xavier and Magneto, still friends, go there to restrain her, and Xavier exercises his abilities to repress that personality, and she thus becomes the Jean Grey we have known for the past two movies. In the present Scott Summers has apparently not exited out of mope mode since the last movie, and he has returned to Alkali lake to whine. Turns out of course that Jean is very much alive, and very angry. She then promptyl executes Cyclops. She is then discovered unconscious by Storm and Wolverine, who have traveled there to try and figure out what has been going on. Meanwhile, on the greater mutant scene, Kavita Rao and her buddies have invented a mutant cure and the news has hit the fan. The White House is sent into chaos trying to gather some policy regarding the cure, with advice from Bolivar Trask on the one had and Beast on the other. While on principle the administration cannot deal with mutants, the ending of the previous administration has apparently encouraged better relations, thus allowing Beast to be appointed as a secret advisor to the President on mutant relationships. At the same time, Mystique investigates and finds out that the cure is indeed authentic, and that its origin is Leech. She is later captured and given the cure, becoming a black haired normal human. She pleads for Magneto to keep her with him, but he rejects her entirely. Jean awakes in the mansion and her two personalities fight for control, and she begs Logan to kill her. He refuses to do so and she tosses him aside, blasting her way out of the mansion, returning to her old home where she faces off against Xavier, and then promptly executes him as well, and it is believed that she is encouraged to do so by Magneto. Magneto then devises a plan to use her extraordinary power to strike out at the rest of the world. Meanwhile, Warren Worthington has volunteered himself to be part of the cure testing process, but when it comes to the moment of truth he slaps them away, unfurls his wings and bursts from the building, flying overhead a line of mutants desperately waiting for the cure. Beast goes to see Leech, and there is a chase scene between Juggernaut and Shadowcat in the laboratories where the cure is being held. Magneto gathers an army by breaking a group of mutants out of prison, originally among them Gambit (although he has been eliminated), consisting of Arclight, Callisto, Psylocke and Multiple Man among others. They then gather in the forests and are confronted by Logan... Magneto once again tosses Logan aside, like everyone else in the movie has done. He then decides that they must make a stand, joining with Storm to lead a small group of X-Men to battle Magneto in San Fransisco, among them, Shadowcat (who has now broken up Rogue and Iceman and has entered into a serious relationship with him), Colossus, Beast, Wolverine, Storm and Iceman. What Rogue and Angel's roles at this point are is unclear. I know I've got some more little facts here and there, but that is a start.

END OF SPOILERS