PDA

View Full Version : Making New Alphanex Entry

Ben
04-11-2006, 01:33 AM
For every type of Alphanex entery there is (or will be) a template made to lay out several important things for each entry. To view the list of templates, visit http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Category:Templates

To make use of a template, click on the template's link above. On the right-hand side of the screen you will see a copy & past snippit to go at the top of your entry.

example:

{{Hero|
image=
|character_name=
|real_name=
|debut=
|affiliations=
|past_affiliations=
|aliases=
|relatives=
|}}

Just put the related info after the = You can then enter the main text of the entry. Heading are fomatted as follows: ==History==

Catagorizing the entries is important. Automatically they will all catorgorize under All Charcters, more specific catagorizations such as Alpha Flight or Vilains must be done manually. To do so, use the following format at the very end of the entry: [[Category:Alpha Flight]] . All Catagores can be found on the left-hand navigation bar.

This may sound complex, but it is not, once you've done it a couple time, it's simple. Ask any questions.

Ben[/url]

Ben
04-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Ok, so now I think I have all the important Categores I could think of: http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Category:Master_Index

and all the templates I could think of: http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php?title=Category:Templates

The next step is to use each template to create an entry, if people could start trying that out, it'd be swell. Each Template has categorizing built in, the only Category you have to do Manually at this point is "Alpha Flight"

Any suggestions on either is welcome

Ben

Ben
04-13-2006, 04:59 AM
I probably won't have much of a chance for anything during the day tomorrow (today...whatever) as I've got a full plate. If anyone has a chance, I'd like to get an entry in Teams and in Buldings and Locations. Those are the only templates untested. When they are shown to work properly, I can then take in a few more people to help with the data entry

Ben

DelBubs
04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
I'll have a go at doing an entry in definately one and maybe both of 'Teams' and 'Buldings and Locations' somtime tomorrow. Probably 'Corky's Bar' and 'The Chess Set' from the Brass Bishop story in #121.

Just as an aside, would a team like 'The Chess Set' be in two catergories, ie:- 'Team' & 'Villian' or would only the individuals be in the villians catergory?

Ben
04-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Just as an aside, would a team like 'The Chess Set' be in two catergories, ie:- 'Team' & 'Villian' or would only the individuals be in the villians catergory?

yah, it would be in two cats, just like Guardian is in Heroes and ALpha Flight. Automatically the teams template should put it in the teams catagory, but you'll have to put it in Villains yerself

Ben

DelBubs
04-13-2006, 07:55 PM
So you would have to copy and paste what you did in the team cat page and do another page, but as a villian cat page. Or can you double cat on the same page?

Ben
04-13-2006, 07:59 PM
No limit on the number of catagories. just put [[Catagory:Villains]] at the bottom and it'll be all good.

Ben

DelBubs
04-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Okay, I think I'm almost there, I go to the templates page, click on the teams template. Copy the info in the dotted box and then paste it where? Which page do I get up to paste this info into?

:? :roll: (Thick as **** some people are :-) )

Ben
04-13-2006, 08:29 PM
You just have to go to the appropriate URL, so if you were gonna do The Chess Set, just go to http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Chess_Set click edit, and yer good to paste the template in. If it would be easer, I can add a box onto the main page that you type the name of the entry you wanna make and it'll take you to the URL

Ben

DelBubs
04-13-2006, 08:31 PM
If you could Ben, I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to this Wiki stuff :-(

Ben
04-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Bah! Yer doin' just fine! I have put the box on the main page for any who may fine it usefull

Ben

DelBubs
04-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Your a gent Ben. I feel like a kid taking it's first steps :-)

Phil
04-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Would it be worth having an Alternate Universe category as well, to cover stuff like the AOA versions, Exiles versions, What If's etc?

Ben
04-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Good thunkin' Phill, I'll make it so

-K-M-
04-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah I was adding the alternate realities, was debating if I should or not. Also I noticed on the sidebar there is no link for items, which there should be.

-K-M-
04-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Sorry for the double post, but should something the like Spirit of Time and Space get their own bio entry?

DelBubs
04-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Was that the Zeitgeist, cos if so I did a link to him in the Llan entry?

-K-M-
04-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Was that the Zeitgeist, cos if so I did a link to him in the Llan entry?

Different person, the Spirit of Time and Space was the being that teleported Pathway, Gobyln, Aurora and Persuasion to Asgard. Another example should the Spirit of Wind get a bio entry? the spirits are listed in the "Talisman" section, but their seperate entitnies. Also should Talisman's title be changed to "Talisman I".

Also two questions: What should we call the Talisman? Talisman of Power? Coronet? etc? and for the Gods of the Arctic should they go by that name or Northern Gods? Someone make a page so we can just the links accordingly since I wasn't sure what were were going to go with.

DelBubs
04-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Thats what we are doing at present with the entries we already have. We are going through one by one and adjusting as needed. I've set up a link to Talismans headband as [[Talismans Coronet]] and am adjusting when and where.

-K-M-
04-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Thats what we are doing at present with the entries we already have. We are going through one by one and adjusting as needed. I've set up a link to Talismans headband as [[Talismans Coronet]] and am adjusting when and where.

Ok good good, and I set up Northern Gods entry and added a image as well as added Paradise with an image.