PDA

View Full Version : the BROOD Return: Ms. Marvel #2

Powersurge
04-14-2006, 11:27 AM
I thought Darc_Light might appreciate this if he is still around. Here is a link to the story at Newsarama...

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=bb6d7af342c0807da39cc237b4e9ff60&threadid=66736

Ben
04-14-2006, 12:52 PM
There's a Brood character in Hulk currently too, it's one of the gladiators in his band on "Planet Hulk".

Ben

Transmetropolitan
04-14-2006, 03:38 PM
I've always had a soft spot for the Brood... poor little evil space bugs.

darc_light
04-17-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm still here, I've just been so busy lately. I'll have to get that story =D> \:D/ \:D/ !!!! I remember reading in the OHOTMU #2 that Ms. Marvel fought the Brood recently, but I had no idea what issues.

darc_light
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I always figured that the Brood would have trouble with races like the Technarchy or Phalanx, I doubt they can "convert" living machines. I wonder who these new creeps are...I hope they conquer the Shi'Ar, I can't stand the Aerie...

I also can't stand that guy on the link you gave saying "thousands will die" as if it's a good thing :!: I, for one, am sick of all of this constant slaughter... :-# :-# :-# :-# The whole comic world went wrong...I guess it started with the Mutant Massacre, but writers think high body-counts equal high sales numbers. Sad thing is, they're probably right. :cry:

Obsidian3d
04-17-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't have a problem with the odd death in a comic book. If it makes sense and has meaning then I'm fine with it. If you think about it, basically these characters are constantly doing battle with each other. I find it far less realistic that there haven't been more casualties over the years. That said, I'm not advocating mass slaughter, regardless of whether it's heroes, villains or civilians.

darc_light
04-18-2006, 11:37 PM
What bothers me is that it's listed a a main selling point, like some bonus feature to enjoy.

Some people enjoy all the blood and death, take pleasure in it... that's why slasher movies are so popular (I'm not saying all people who see horror movies are sick...Most people go to be scared, but some just want to see the torture and death). I can understand people who accept it as part of a story, but not like that...And sometimes it has no apparent part in the story at all...

Enough of my preaching though, the Ms Marvel covers are beautiful! #2 & #3...WOW!
I hope I can read them soon.

:-k I see the Brood as predators and parasites, they kill because they have to in order to survive... It's not really greed or hate, it's the need to survive.
I actually think that they're better than us in some ways...

Cockroaches from Mars!

darc_light
04-20-2006, 01:07 PM
What issues has this Brood Gladiator appeared in?

Shaman Of The Whills
04-20-2006, 01:14 PM
He appeared in the second issue of the actual Planet Hulk arc. Number isn't on the top of my head, maybe I'll look it up later. He did not appear in the first issue of the arc though. Actually just looked it up. Incredible Hulk #93. Interestingly enough, the "Silver Savage" is set to appear as well. I've found what little of this event I've been able to read very entertaining. Hulk slash.

darc_light
04-20-2006, 07:09 PM
THANKS! 8)

darc_light
04-21-2006, 01:42 PM
P.S. I'm still reaing the Morningstar stories. 8)

darc_light
04-23-2006, 10:53 PM
I just cheated and read a about the Ms. Marvel issues online... :oops:
1. Don't trust Carol Danvers... :twisted:
2. Is Cru an individual or the name of it's race?
3. Why doesn't he go pick on the Shi'Ar?

I had to order the issues online, so it will be a while before I actually get to see them...

Shaman Of The Whills
04-24-2006, 12:10 PM
You probably already caught this but I thought I'd just go ahead and share it anyways, but the Brood warrior in the Hulk storyline will be getting its backstory in the next issue of the series, Incredible Hulk #94, and will also be featured in the gladiator guidebook.

darc_light
04-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I just recieved Ms. Marvel #2, it's pretty cool. 8) It would be so ironic if Carol had to team up with the Brood against Cru \:D/ ...Now I have to get #3, then probably a subscription, to save money in the long run...

That was pretty cold, killing that last Brood when it was cooperating... :cry: :twisted:

Speaking of shameful, 98% of the descriptions for the Ms. Marvel issues on Ebay included the words "Hot", "Sexy" or a mixture of both... [-X

The Brood did give Carol her powers as Binary, by accident of course, see my profile on the Brood Tech Dzilos at the Appendix...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/dzilosbrood.htm

darc_light
05-22-2006, 03:43 AM
I just read Ms. Marvel #3. The Brood only appear on the cover... :cry:
It's strange, though, I counted at least five escape pods leaving the Acanti in MM #2, one landed in Spaulding...so where are the others... :-k

I'll complain about the senseless violence later, once everyone else who wants to has had a chance to read it....I'll just say for now, I think they had a good chance to explore that superheroes, or Superheroines, can't always save the day, and that affects them, but they didn't follow it up...It was forgotten, basically, and she's smiling back in New York the next day...

Legerd
05-22-2006, 12:20 PM
It's strange, though, I counted at least five escape pods leaving the Acanti in MM #2, one landed in Spaulding...so where are the others... :-k

Maybe they show up in the new AF series? 8)

darc_light
05-22-2006, 05:05 PM
[-o<

darc_light wrote:
It's strange, though, I counted at least five escape pods leaving the Acanti in MM #2, one landed in Spaulding...so where are the others...

Maybe they show up in the new AF series?