PDA

View Full Version : Northstar's first date!

rplass
04-15-2006, 04:30 PM
A small bit of Alpha Flight news: Northstar finally goes on a date with someone! He appears in a few panels with Colossus, his date, at the Homecoming Dance in Ultimate X-Men #69 (http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=4041). Unfortunately, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants crashes in and starts fighting everyone. Some first date! Harrumph!

Love,
rplass

rplass
05-20-2006, 06:34 PM
I just picked up Ultimate X-Men #70 and I found Northstar again in two panels. He got knocked out in the battle with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and is shown unconscious slumped over Colossus' shoulder. Worst first date ever!

Also an interesting letter, from someone named, "Kevin T.":

"...I'm sure that for any mainstream Marvel character, it is only a matter of time before an Ultimate version appears, so I won't ask "when" or "if" Ultimate Alpha Flight will appear. I just wanted to make a request that it would happen soon. I am a Canadian--and an Alpha Flight fan--and I would love to see them in their own Ultimate title...or at least in a miniseries..."

To which the editors responded:

"Thanks, Kevin--an Ultimate Alpha Flight definitely has some potential!"
Love,
rplass

Mokole
05-20-2006, 10:11 PM
More promotion or a shot in the dark? :roll:

rplass
06-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Northstar also appears in issue #71, just two panels. He wakes up from being knocked out by Colossus, but after the battle is already over. It would have been nice for him to have joined in the battle, but, oh well...

Love,
rplass