PDA

View Full Version : Just to Get An Idea...

DelBubs
05-05-2006, 07:13 PM
of where Awaves members stand, you could stick the either of the following lines of code in your sig.

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room16/411483/IronMan_425x100.jpg
or
http://www.filelodge.com/files/room16/411483/CaptAmer_425x100.jpg

Of cousre missing out the full stop so the image comes up instead of the text.

Mokole
05-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I'd be on Iron Man's side mostly. Who wants peoples who 'save the day' but in the process destroy two city blocks and injure 25 people, 1 dead? Let the badguys steal that bus and use it to deliver cocaine to Kansas, which is worse? You can always stop some crimes before or after less violently than heroes do.

It's one reason I find Alpha Flight working for Department H a good idea. As loners they are good samaritans who make misatkes that kill people. Ends don't justify the means, after all.

Shaman Of The Whills
05-07-2006, 03:40 PM
My choice is predictable, but after having read the sums of Civil War 1 incredibly right for me... hopefully I copied it in right... debuting my new sig for the remainder of the Civil War...

Ben
05-07-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm waiting to read the book. My local comic shop didn't get all the copies of the book they ordered, so when the next lot comes in one's set aside for me.

Ben

Ben
05-08-2006, 10:26 PM
how 'bout this one ;)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/St_Butcher/CW-AlphaDead.jpg

Ben

Legerd
05-09-2006, 01:00 AM
how 'bout this one ;)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/St_Butcher/CW-AlphaDead.jpg

Ben

That's the one I'd choose! :lol:

-K-M-
05-09-2006, 01:02 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/CW-AlphaFlight.jpg

Shaman Of The Whills
05-09-2006, 01:06 AM
Aw, Ben... your image makes me tear up a little bit... I'd go with it except for I made that blood oath to Cap's cause... but speaking of which, anyone who actually has the issue, were there any Alphan connetions in it at this point? I haven't heard of any on the other boards, but I'm sure we're bound to see some prime Alphans pop up during the course...

EDIT: Ah, the present tense one as well...

-K-M-
05-09-2006, 01:09 AM
but speaking of which, anyone who actually has the issue, were there any Alphan connetions in it at this point? I haven't heard of any on the other boards, but I'm sure we're bound to see some prime Alphans pop up during the course...

Got it and there was none what's so ever.

Garry/Al-Fan
05-09-2006, 11:44 AM
...I have Civil War# 1, I like it, both sides forcing each other into their positions. Captain America speaking truth to power; Hill doing a "pre-emptive strike" before legal authorization for such action, just like the administration she represents. I don't see how fighting is going to ultimately solve this mess, though.

Legerd
05-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Okay, I've made my choice. :D

Shaman Of The Whills
05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Enh, didn't Galactus get beat by Aunt May? I'm pretty sure I'd rather have her on my side then...

Legerd
05-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Enh, didn't Galactus get beat by Aunt May? I'm pretty sure I'd rather have her on my side then...

? :shock:

I thought she was dead. :?

Shaman Of The Whills
05-12-2006, 01:31 AM
I thought she was dead.
Has that ever stopped anyone in the Marvel Universe before? With the return of Bucky... *shrugs*

And I was pretty sure that death wasn't real, so I checked wikipedia for the seemingly latest update on that situation with this tidbit:
Aunt May has "died" several times. In her most recent "death", the "Aunt May" who died was, in a widely-derided plot twist, revealed to be a "genetically-altered actress" who impersonated her while May was held captive by villains.
So apparently nope, still alive. And even if she died after that again and I missed one, maybe Wanda secretly loved May and used her reality warping powers to keep her alive.

Barnacle13
05-12-2006, 09:52 AM
I thought she was dead.
Has that ever stopped anyone in the Marvel Universe before? With the return of Bucky... *shrugs*

And I was pretty sure that death wasn't real, so I checked wikipedia for the seemingly latest update on that situation with this tidbit:
Aunt May has "died" several times. In her most recent "death", the "Aunt May" who died was, in a widely-derided plot twist, revealed to be a "genetically-altered actress" who impersonated her while May was held captive by villains.
So apparently nope, still alive. And even if she died after that again and I missed one, maybe Wanda secretly loved May and used her reality warping powers to keep her alive.

Another option is that the Collective is actually Aunt May who was pretending to be a postal officer in Alaska and she has now destroyed Alpha Flight and a host of others! Won't we all feel better when it's finally all revealed?

Shaman Of The Whills
05-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Another option is that the Collective is actually Aunt May who was pretending to be a postal officer in Alaska and she has now destroyed Alpha Flight and a host of others! Won't we all feel better when it's finally all revealed?
:o :shock: *head explodes*

Phil
05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Thekraken/speedball425x1007mj.jpg

Legerd
05-12-2006, 09:41 PM

YES! =D>

Le Messor
05-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Having read the issue, I'm with Iron Man.

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room16/411483/IronMan_425x100.jpg

The way it's put isn't: "Let's round up everybody with powers and throw them in the Gulag"; it's "If they want to be the police, make them be the police".

CA's side is just too irresponsible, and unaccountable.

Tho' Spidey's comment about finding Aunt May impaled makes sense.

So:

- Le Messor
"You're the audience, I'm the author. I outrank you!"
- The Producers

DelBubs
05-15-2006, 05:32 AM
I'm on Caps side in this, not so much because of the registration, but more in what the implications could be if it goes through. It could set a legal precedence which could impact on many minoroty groups.

Legerd
05-15-2006, 08:47 AM
How do you think CW is going to leave the Marvel U? Someone at Marvel (I can't recall who) said in an interview that nothing will be the same again. What do you think, will things eventually go back to how they were or will there be lasting changes coming from this?

Powersurge
05-15-2006, 12:30 PM
I've actually been slowly gravitating to Cap's side. While I agree with the spirit of the registration, I disagree with obligatory conscription into SHIELD... which is hardly an expression of good old fashion Anglo-Saxon values.

Moreover, I find it highly doubtful that the US government is going to provide all superhumans with a job, proper training, job security and benefits, plus all of the bureaucracy that will go hand-in-hand with all of that.

Finally, I find it utterly absurd to think that the US would try to force it's policy on other multi-national states, including Atlantis and and the hoime of the Inhumans... which is still on the moon, no?!

It's just to... overweening.

Legerd
05-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Moreover, I find it highly doubtful that the US government is going to provide all superhumans with a job, proper training, job security and benefits, plus all of the bureaucracy that will go hand-in-hand with all of that.

Which may come up later as shortsighted, ill-planned strategy on the gov't's part. I think CW is meant to reflect what is currently happening in the US with the Iraq War (tell me if I'm wrong on this), with all the gaffs and misconceived ideas as to how it would unfold, as made by the White House.

Shaman Of The Whills
05-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Well given the daily death rate of superhumans in the Marvel Universe, it seems pretty soon they'll only have to worry about a few... but that really isn't meant to be a serious comment.

While Iron Man's position is seeming more and more reasonable (especially for him to have taken) I'm still with Cap on how this has all played out. Tony's intentions are good, but will this method work well enough for it to play out the way he so optomistically has viewed the future? Sure enough he's seen that there will be casualties on both sides as a result of this conflict (see ASM), he knows that even the brightest will stand against him (see Illuminati), and that threats are bigger today than ever (see NA and NA Annual), and yet he still seems supremely confident that things will go his way. I'm wondering how well Tony's coalition of heroes will hold up when they're splitting their attentions between tracking down Cap and Wolverine while megabaddies are preparing to strike. It'll be interesting to see exactly how far Tony will stretch these lines. Also, while solicits certainly indicate a resounding initial victory for the pro-registration side (see comments such as "Only a few rogue heroes remain" and "X is set to track down the last major rebel leader") will the sacrifices begin to weigh on Tony's conscience?

Mainly I mean to say that I'm getting more excited by the moment about this event, and I think that it could turn the Marvel Universe to some very new and interesting (if unstable) ground.

Le Messor
05-20-2006, 10:49 PM
See, to me, Stark's side isn't about controlling what you are,
it's about controlling what you do.

It's subtle, but there's a distinction.
- Le Messor
"Before you judge a man, you should walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you judge him, you're a mile away, and you have his shoes."

- Jack Handey (attrib)