PDA

View Full Version : Serenity

Le Messor
05-23-2006, 02:52 AM
I suspect this may've been brought up before. If so, apple-logies in advance. If not, nyah nyah nyah!

When I was in Sydney yesterday, to watch the X-Men 3 premiere (this is irrelevant, but I like to show off...) I stopped at King's Comics and finally got my hands on the Serenity trade. (By Dark Horse, incidentally.)

It's got an intro by Nathan Fillion, who plays Captain Malcolm Reynolds, where he mostly reminisces about reading comics.
Take it away, Nate:

"Soon, Archie, Dot, and Richie Rich gave way to Spider-Man, Captain America, X-Men, and Alpha Flight (Canada's very own super team)."

Woot!

- Le Messor
Big Ugly: "Slayer."
Buffy: "Slayee."

Shaman Of The Whills
05-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Alpha Flight is actually mentioned in the Serenity trade? I had all the individual issues and was satisfied with that as it was... but a mention of AF by NF might just make it worth the buy! (Plus then I can actually read the story again...) If only the Serenity comic could have gone beyond just the three limited issues...

Transmetropolitan
05-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Alpha Flight is actually mentioned in the Serenity trade? I had all the individual issues and was satisfied with that as it was... but a mention of AF by NF might just make it worth the buy! (Plus then I can actually read the story again...) If only the Serenity comic could have gone beyond just the three limited issues...

If only Firefly had stayed on the air.

If only a lot of things.

Le Messor
05-29-2006, 08:18 PM
*sigh* if only. If only Angel had stayed on, and we could get proper closure!

Caveat: You've already read the complete mention of AF in the trade. Which is getting hard to find, too. :(

- Le Messor
"Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes. They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses. And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway? Bunnies. Bunnies. It must be bunnies. Or maybe midgets."
- Anya