PDA

View Full Version : What Alpha needs

mos_def
05-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Hello all. Im finally back into the swing of things after straightening out my real life situation. I see alot of things have happened-ala the big news with Ben and two new mods-congrats guys. The new Alphanex-King Mungi always proven to be resourceful

Anyways, I think the one thing that Alpha really needs with all their power amd members is someone with psionic abilities-preferably a telepath. Our members have been messed around with so much- the whole team could possibly go to X Mansion for some help (hypothetically cuz of spoilers). What do you guys think. Is there an ability that you think Alpha needs?

Transmetropolitan
05-29-2006, 11:55 AM
I dunno... with the right lineup, Alpha has a backlog of members to handle just about any threat....

mos_def
05-29-2006, 12:39 PM
I agree whole heartedly but lets say we battle Shadow King, or lets just say half our roster has been mentally tampered (wow, theres a thought) could we handle them.I say no. I love the team and I know whatever lineup they put in vol4 will be great (as long as it is serious nature) but it was just a thought I had.

BTW, trans- thanks for the X3 info

Mokole
05-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Not a bad idea mos_def. A telepath may be limited on offence but could help immensely on defence. Both Persuasion and Witchfire have potential as mind-protectors. Protect the team fighters so they can win.

Le Messor
05-29-2006, 08:11 PM
mos, I've always thought Alpha needed a telepath. It's one of the few things manqué on the team.

- Le Messor
"Everybody who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

Snowsquatch
06-06-2006, 03:27 PM
I've always thought Shaman could just cast a telepathy spell, if he needed it.

Transmetropolitan
06-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Or have Talisman protect everybody.

Garry/Al-Fan
06-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Shaman seems to have made a vow not to tamper with the human mind,
but I doubt that Talisman would have any reservations, if it were necessary.

Powersurge
06-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Didn't Xavier also vow to never mess with peoples heads?

Snowsquatch
06-08-2006, 01:47 AM
What Alpha needs is:

1. A writer capable of presenting memorable villains;
2. A writer interested in continuity and classic AF characters; and
3. A writer not interested in government conspiracies, the Plodex, time travel, new mutant recruits, or re-inventing Puck (again).

Maybe AF needs a telepath, but I suspect Marvel will require a telepath before they finally figure out what AF fans really want.

kozzi24
07-15-2006, 03:05 PM
I always liked the fact that Alpha was telepathically vulnerable.

Remember the attack by Rachel Summers in X-Men/Alpha The Gift?

-K-M-
07-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Alpha Flight actually has members that can block telepathy, such as Guardian, Aurora. Hell Persuasion can mind link with people

Also Witchfire, Talisman, and even Shaman have telepathy abilities
1. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Witchfire
2. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Talisman
3. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Shaman