PDA

View Full Version : Possible Good News for Guardian Fans

bhissong
05-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Hello,

I got an advanced look at the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe coming out the week of 5/30/06. It has a very detailed history of Guardain/James Hudson. And of course, at the end it mentions the "battle" with the Colletive. But, it does say that he was one of a few members that was (and I quote) "seemingly killed" in the fight. I've noticed in the past that the Handbook tries to stay pretty current and detailed. If he was dead for sure, I think it would be conclusively stated. So, this could be an indication that (at least) Guardian is still alive without giving any future plot points away.

BTH

Transmetropolitan
05-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Bah! Unless Heather, MIchael, Walter and Eugene are alive, my bloodlust will not be appeased. :twisted:

Legerd
05-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Keep your fingers crossed. [-o<

cmdrkoenig67
05-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Bah! Unless Heather, MIchael, Walter and Eugene are alive, my bloodlust will not be appeased. :twisted:

I'm with you, T!

Dana :shock:

PWalk
05-31-2006, 12:41 PM
If there is one thing for certain it's that you just can't keep Mac dead.

cmdrkoenig67
05-31-2006, 08:19 PM
I'd really rather he had stayed dead, than have writers continually bring him back in bad storylines...I know a few others feel the same(or similar). Not to mention, he is still the least interesting of all the Alpha Flight characters...Even with all the deaths and resurrections, no writer has ever really touched on how he feels being trapped in this cycle. I think that's really sad, since it would definitely give great depth to his character.

Dana

syvalois
05-31-2006, 10:09 PM
I'd really rather he had stayed dead, than have writers continually bring him back in bad storylines...

I agree

Not to mention, he is still the least interesting of all the Alpha Flight characters...

He is not my favorite, but I do think others alphans are as or less interesting than he. Manbot for example or MML1 or Wyre for example(I know some are going to disagree here, I wonder why...?).

Even with all the deaths and resurrections, no writer has ever really touched on how he feels being trapped in this cycle. I think that's really sad, since it would definitely give great depth to his character.

For that I totally agree and not only for him, but for Heather and all his loved ones, how do they deal with it?

Mokole
06-01-2006, 01:02 AM
I have never been a Heather or Mac fan, though the concept of Guardian (and to a lesser extent Vindicator) I like. Alpha FLight should have a Guardian but not Mac or Heather, someone who is more than just a suit. Remains to be seen. Hard to see why no writer ever went into why Mac died so much, or his cyborg nature, such as it is.

BTW, Marvel is supposed to give out details of their plans for a while, mostly X-Men centered. I wonder if AF will warrant a mention? Or will it be the usual dodge :roll:

-K-M-
06-01-2006, 02:04 AM
Anyway scans of any Alpha Flight mention in this handbook? my comicstore didn't carry any today.

Canucklehead
06-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Anyway scans of any Alpha Flight mention in this handbook? my comicstore didn't carry any today.

I flipped through it yesterday. There wasn't anything too spectacular. A regular Guardian pic, one with his "battle armour" (ugh) and a tiny one as anti-guard. He did get 3 pages of writing though, if IRC.

-K-M-
06-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Was Guardian the only Alpha Flight character mentioned?

mos_def
06-02-2006, 12:23 AM
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________/\_______/\/\___/\/\__/\/\__

I got a pulse. he lives again. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Mac is the real Mr I.

cmdrkoenig67
06-02-2006, 02:59 AM
LOL....Yes he is, MD. Mungi, Madison Jeffries is in the Handbook too.

Something weird...Jack O' Lantern is on the cover and next issue's cover, but he's only in this issue.

Dana

skullogeist
06-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Something weird...Jack O' Lantern is on the cover and next issue's cover, but he's only in this issue.

Dana

There's a reason for that. You do realize that there's been more than one character to use the name "Jack O'Lantern" in the past, and one has started using a different name . . .

-K-M-
06-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Well can someone get the scans of their bios? so I don't have to order the handbook just for them. Please and thank you :)

cmdrkoenig67
06-03-2006, 03:15 AM

Dana

There's a reason for that. You do realize that there's been more than one character to use the name "Jack O'Lantern" in the past,.

Well duh, Skullie. :wink:

and one has started using a different name . . .

That, I didn't know. I didn't know that any of the other Jacks were still active. What's the name of the new one? It would have to be a name starting in the mid k's to m's....Killer Pumpkin? Major Pumpkin? LOL.

Dana

Phil
06-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Well can someone get the scans of their bios? so I don't have to order the handbook just for them. Please and thank you :)

No offence but the issue's been out 2 days, it's not really fair to scan 2 whole bio's straight away. Let's try and remain respectful and as law-abiding as possible.

-K-M-
06-03-2006, 01:17 PM
No offence but the issue's been out 2 days, it's not really fair to scan 2 whole bio's straight away. Let's try and remain respectful and as law-abiding as possible.

If I wanted the whole issue scanned than yes there would be a problem, but scans of small bios is not that bad if you have gone to other boards where they post entire issues.

Phil
06-03-2006, 05:13 PM
It's still 5 whole pages worth.
That's more than an online preview.

-K-M-
06-03-2006, 09:42 PM

Most preview pages I have seen are 5 pages exactally, but don't matter was Jeffries 2 pages?

cmdrkoenig67
06-04-2006, 10:40 AM

Most preview pages I have seen are 5 pages exactally, but don't matter was Jeffries 2 pages?

Yes.

Dana

-K-M-
06-27-2006, 12:32 AM
I bought the issue and added in the respect thread, had many issues with it

Guardian/Vindicator/Weapon Alpha: Bio
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #05-Decent bio, except several errors in the bio itself. They also didn't mention all of his abilities, listed HERE! (http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Guardian_I). Also to note, it was the real Mac against the Collective and seemingly perished. Which means the temporal clone is still around somewhere else and Mac might not be dead. I highly disagree with most of the rankings as if he can manipulate the entire E-M spectrum why is his rating so low? If he has a computer mind, why is he just gifted intelligence? why is his durability so low when he is bulletproof. Bah! feats state otherwise with what they say. Mac's a cyborg, he doesn't wear an E-M suit, he literally is the E-M suit as stated in vol.1. Click HERE! (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/OHOTMU-X05StreetSamurai-DCP49irc.jpg) to see what the stats mean

1. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/All-NewHandbook0510.jpg
2. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/All-NewHandbook0511.jpg
3. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/All-NewHandbook0512.jpg

Mokole
06-27-2006, 02:04 AM
I wish they wouldn't have mentioned the temporal time people, it just makes for more goofiness with AF. More Looney Toons and less heroics et al. I'm not looking for an 'out' from NA #16, after all, but I want the team to move forward and be heroes again.

Snowsquatch
06-27-2006, 03:14 AM
Hey, what comic was that exo-battle-suit in? It was kinda cool.

I've always thought that Guardian's costume should reinforce the fact that here is now a cyborg. Though I don't like the helmet, the rest of the suit is more in like with how I'd like Guardian drawn now.

-K-M-
06-27-2006, 05:22 PM

I've always thought that Guardian's costume should reinforce the fact that here is now a cyborg. Though I don't like the helmet, the rest of the suit is more in like with how I'd like Guardian drawn now.

Uncanny X-Men #432-434..Hulk Buster style

edit: This the suit your talking about or the one Mac wore after he was blasted by the Zero Gun?

1. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Alpha_Flight_Battle_Armor

2nd edit: Or you mean this battle suit?
1. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Guardian_Exo-Suit

Le Messor
07-01-2006, 10:33 PM
If he has a computer mind, why is he just gifted intelligence?

I'm sorry... Have you ever used a computer? {guardian}
(And, I realise the irony of using the 'net to point that out, so there's no need to bring it up.)

- Le Messor
"Sarcasm error: Abort, Retry, Bite Me?"
- Legostar Galactica

Snowsquatch
07-01-2006, 10:52 PM

Uncanny X-Men #432-434..Hulk Buster style

edit: This the suit your talking about or the one Mac wore after he was blasted by the Zero Gun?

1. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Alpha_Flight_Battle_Armor
Yes, that one.

2nd edit: Or you mean this battle suit?
1. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Guardian_Exo-Suit
Ugh! What is that ugly thing?!

(don't answer. I'll just read your entry)