PDA

View Full Version : Custom 4" Guardian figure

Obsidian3d
06-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Hey everyone,

After I lost half of my custom Nemesis I didn't feel much like doing any figures for a while. I've finally got the parts I need to redo her, but I worked on this in the meantime.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h248/Obsidian3d/Customs/Partial_AF.jpg

The pics are small I know, but they're from my phone cam. He actually looks better in the crappy pics than he does in person. The white on the figure and the white paint I used don't quite match, and the yellow on his eyes is really sloppy. I just don't know how folks can get in there and paint anything that small!

The other figures are from the ToyBiz Alpha Flight sub-line from the '90s. More Alphans are in the works.

cmdrkoenig67
06-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Very nice, Obsidian...Made from a Microman figure?

Dana

Obsidian3d
06-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Three actually. Parts of white and red material force male figures and a de-earred Batman head. The head was harder to do that I thought. It's not made of solid plastic, but a rubbery kind of junk that doesn't cut smoothly with an exacto knife. I tried sculpting over the rough bits but the sculpy clay I have is garbage. So I smoothed it out as best I could and painted it anyway. It's a little rougher looking that I'd wanted, but it gets the job done.

I'm not sure what character I should do next. I have a half finished Nemesis, and most of the parts I need for several others: Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar, Fastback, Diamond Lil...where to start eh?