PDA

View Full Version : Custom 4" figure -> Batman Beyond!

Obsidian3d
06-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Once again a figure I've been working on for a while / waiting for parts for. Black microman with an old MM head (yellow / red body guy with gold accessories), MM Batman forearms, handmade bat-emblem and sculpted belt parts. Batarang is from the MM flightgear Batman.

He actually turned out better than I hoped, but I think the belt will be tough to keep intact. It's made of crappy sculpy III. :S I have a way to make the cape/wings but I doubt I'll bother. I think he looks good enough without it.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h248/Obsidian3d/Customs/BB_custom.jpg

Le Messor
06-04-2006, 08:54 PM
A guy in my computer animation class did a CG model of Batman Beyond.

It looked nothing like as cool as your physical model.

- Le Messor
"... If I were creating a world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would've started with lasers" - 8 o'clock, day one." - The Evil One, Time Bandits

PWalk
06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
How is it working with that sculpy stuff. I received a stikfa figure for last christmas and I think I could make a good looking Box 1 figure out of it.

Obsidian3d
06-07-2006, 12:26 PM
The only stuff I've worked with is Sculpy III. I don't recommend it. It's sticky, hard to work with and really brittle after you bake it. It falls apart more often than not when I try to cut it with an exacto-knife. However, I've heard that Super Sculpy is everything Sculpy III is not. I'm looking forward to trying some when I get back to Canada this September. Until then I'm stuck with this junk...which means I probably won't be doing much sculpting. :P