PDA

View Full Version : New Canadian Super-Hero?

Snowsquatch
06-24-2006, 03:39 AM
http://radio3.cbc.ca/blogs/2006/06/A-New-Champion-for-Copyright

http://radio3.cbc.ca/images//blogs/1/Captain%20Copyright.jpg

Make sure you read the comment section. Hilarious!

Warning: cbc radio site with audio. check your volume.

-K-M-
06-24-2006, 03:41 AM
"Wow, I never thought it was possible but someone finally beat out Puck of the Alpha Flight to take the title of Worst Candian Super Hero EVER! "

.....ouch

Le Messor
06-24-2006, 11:57 PM
So, somebody creates a cartoon to get kids to uphold the law, and the PC thugs whine about them trying to force their views. Why *sigh* am I not surprised? :roll:

Then a guy starts with "I don't want to start a rumour" and starts a rumour. I wonder how far it'll go, how seriously people'll take it, before it finally gets debunked?

- Le Messor, cynicism 'r' us
"A deadline has a wonderful power to concentrate the mind."
- Prof. Moriarity, Star Trek: TNG

mos_def
06-25-2006, 05:08 PM
"Wow, I never thought it was possible but someone finally beat out Puck of the Alpha Flight to take the title of Worst Candian Super Hero EVER! "

.....ouch

There isnt anything wrong with Puck, Mungi. His skills are ...unique

Legerd
06-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Easy mos_def, Mungi was only quoting what someone posted on the site. Those aren't his words.

mos_def
06-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I didnt mean anything bad by it. Just playing along with the statement.

Legerd
06-26-2006, 03:09 AM
Sorry, my bad. :oops:

Raven
09-06-2006, 12:33 PM

.....ouch

You should hear some of the character concepts I dropped for my book. Some of them were awful.

Canucklehead
09-06-2006, 11:47 PM

.....ouch

They forgot his often stress-leaved side kick, I accept the following terms and conditions Boy!!

http://geocities.com/davidchenard99/buckyi.gif

I seriously got into the wrong profession. I created, illustrated and wrote characters and comics in grade 6 that would put this guy to shame. *Sigh* Oh well. I assume people are saying the same thing about George Dubwah.

Legerd
09-07-2006, 11:11 AM
I thought that was Trademark Lad from the All New All Different League of Antiquated Sidekicks!!!

Snowsquatch
02-06-2007, 03:53 PM
OMG! Captain Copyright has been vanquished! See: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070206-8774.html

"It turns out that the general public was skeptical that the best way for a child to spend school time was with an accurate but unbalanced curriculum written and promoted by a private industry group."

It's a victory for Captain Common Sense!

Guardian
02-08-2007, 01:22 AM
:lol:

SephirothsKiller
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
So, somebody creates a cartoon to get kids to uphold the law, and the PC thugs whine about them trying to force their views. Why *sigh* am I not surprised? :roll:

- Le Messor, cynicism 'r' us
"A deadline has a wonderful power to concentrate the mind."
- Prof. Moriarity, Star Trek: TNG

I believe the controversy deals more with A) Trying to get children to be political pawns. And B) People wonder about the value of those copyright laws.

I say this of course as somebody who just took advantage of an exploit in adobe photoshop cs3 so I can use it for free.

How com I have never heard of this CBC Radio 3? I quite enjoy the music. Oh, its on satellite radio. Damn it!! If this was on the radio I'd have it on constantly.

Le Messor
02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I believe the controversy deals more with A) Trying to get children to be political pawns.

Those I call 'PC Thugs' (I got the term from The Simpsons) always say that, and scream about 'indoctrination' whenever somebody tries to teach kids something they don't agree with. :roll:

As for who's using children as political pawns... :?

- Le Messor
"Common methods of proof: Intimidation, Gesticulation (handwaving), "Try it; it works", Constipation (I was just sitting there and...), Blatant Assertion, Changing all the 2's to n's, Mutual Consent, Lack of a Counterexample, "It stands to reason", and Anal Extraction."

SephirothsKiller
02-09-2007, 12:03 PM
I believe the controversy deals more with A) Trying to get children to be political pawns.

Those I call 'PC Thugs' (I got the term from The Simpsons) always say that, and scream about 'indoctrination' whenever somebody tries to teach kids something they don't agree with. :roll:

Well I guess I'm a 'PC Thug' since I definately think trying to put into the curriculum an activity where children write to the newspapers to comment on the benefit of copyright laws amounts to using children as political pawns.

Then again I also don't think that creationism should be taught as an alternative for evolution, I guess I'm just full of crazy ideas about not teaching children certain things.

:lol:

Legerd
02-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Children should be taught how to think before they're taught what to think.