PDA

View Full Version : X-Men #188

Phil
07-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Other than the cover the twins don't appear in the issue at all, and even then JP's obscured by the logo.

The issue seems pretty solid in terms of set-up though, and Carey's writing comes across as strong.

I'm not sure about Bachalo's artwork anymore though, I used to really enjoy it, but it just seems to get busier and busier and more cluttered with each title I see him on...

-K-M-
07-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Damn it I bought the issue, but havn't read it yet. I picked it up as I thought they would be in it.

Obsidian3d
07-12-2006, 11:28 PM
I just read the 10th anniversary follow-up to Age of Apocalypse and thought the same thing about Bachalo's art. I'd say in about 1 third to 1 half of the panels I couldn't really tell what was going on at a glance. I don't think that one should have to study the panel in order to determine what's going on...it should be obvious what's happening.

-K-M-
07-13-2006, 01:58 AM
I just read the 10th anniversary follow-up to Age of Apocalypse and thought the same thing about Bachalo's art. I'd say in about 1 third to 1 half of the panels I couldn't really tell what was going on at a glance. I don't think that one should have to study the panel in order to determine what's going on...it should be obvious what's happening.

haha funny I thought the same thing, such as the Cannonbal and Iceman attack on Sabertooth.

cmdrkoenig67
07-18-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm glad I didn't waste money on it then.

Dana :D

Phil
07-24-2006, 02:56 PM
JP's logo-obstruction-free in the sketch cover variant.

Le Messor
07-26-2006, 06:47 AM
JP's logo-obstruction-free in the sketch cover variant.

You mean:

"JP is visible in the Sketch-Cover-Variant, without a logo obscuring him."
?

Sorry, but it took me three reads to understand that particular arrangement of words...

- LM
"A pile of rocks stops being a rock pile when somebody looks at it with the idea of a cathedral in mind."
- Antoine Saint-Exupery

Phil
07-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Heh, that's indeed what my words implied. :lol: