View Full Version : Alpha Flight in Marvel Legends

Alpha Fan
07-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Hello people,

I just wanted to tell you that over at http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum in the Marvel's section they are making an Oficial Top Ten Wish list of characters people want to see as Marvel Legends in the future. In this case, official means that they pass over the results to Hasbro (the company that now makes Marvel action figures) and I can tell you that they will take this list it into account for future assortments (former top tens are a proof) so I recommend you all who have the time to register and vote for AF characters,it's worth the time and effort. At the moment, Northstar and Guardian are having many votes, with a little bit of luck one of them will make it into the Top Ten. Let's make it possible people!

-K-M-
07-25-2006, 05:44 PM
I might vote for Guardian, but I would like to see Shaman.

Barnacle13
07-25-2006, 08:48 PM
I agree Shaman and Talisman with swirling mystic forces would both be cool! And throw in that build a Box figure!

Barnacle13
07-26-2006, 12:07 PM
I posted my picks. It was a very Alpha-centric list, including a build a figure Box. I didn't see a lot of Alpha characters in the lists though, so everyone here needs to hit the site and make a list if we want new Alpha Flight figures. I have to believe Alpha Flight is more popular than some of the names I've seen listed.

Barnacle13
07-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Puck, Shaman, and Vinidcator have a few votes as well. Not sure if any of you collect this line of action figures, but they are pretty cool in that they each come with a piece of a bigger figure that you build by collecting them all. My son and I have been having a great time collecting these and building a 16" Apocalypse and Sentinel. We're working on Giant Man and Galactus now. Great marketing ploy ad excellent articulation on the figures. Apocalypse does a great "sign of the devil" with his hands! Always knew he was a metal fan!

evenflow
07-27-2006, 03:29 AM
Vindicator was my top choice, however I would love to see a Nemesis figure.

Barnacle13
07-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Starting to see a few Alpha fans weigh in, but it's very few. If there's any hope of getting more of our favorites turned into action figures in the future we gotta show up and make it happen. Evryone take a few moments to register and vote. Guardian, Northstar, Vindicator, and Puck are doing OK on the list, but they'll need help making the final cut probably. Shaman also shows up as does Snowbird and Aurora. Even Puck II has a vote. Let's show that we do support our favorite team! GO VOTE!

Alpha Fan
07-27-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm with you Barnacle. This list on the Fwoosh is very important, year after year since the begining of Marvel Legends the Official Top Ten has marked the route to go for Toy Biz (and now for Hasbro) in terms of character selection. Last year's Fwoosh Top Ten had characters such as She-Hulk, Hercules, Banshee, Emma Frost or the Blob, characters already confirmed for series I and II by Hasbro's Marvel Legends. So I say to all of you, even if you are not interested in action figures, to vote for Alpha Flight characters (you don't even need to register, you can vote as guests). The current number one position is being held by an Inhuman, Black Bolt, so if an Inhuman can hit the top ten I'm sure that Alphans like Guardian and Northstar (the most popular ones we like it or not) can also achieve it. So, go and vote!

evenflow
07-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Go and Vote!!!

Barnacle13
07-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Voting on this will end some time around the end of August. So far there's been very little support of Alpha Flight. I know not everyone here collects action figures, but I for one would appreciate it if everyone on the list would go vote for at least a couple Alphans, so I can add them to my collection. Guardian, Northstar, and Puck seem to be leading the charge for Alpha. Go Vote! Please!

Le Messor
07-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Okay, you talked me into it.
I do collect figures, especially AF figures, which is why I don't want a lot out there.

I listed the original team, + Nemesis, + Talisman, + The Master. My BAF was Box... And then, I just now thought, why not a Great Beast?

- Le Messor
"Oh wow, you must have an awful lot of free time on your hands."
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic, _I Remember Larry_ (but only when you play it backwards!)

-K-M-
07-29-2006, 01:27 PM
And then, I just now thought, why not a Great Beast?

- Le Messor
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic, _I Remember Larry_ (but only when you play it backwards!)

Oh man I would buy that in a second.

evenflow
07-29-2006, 05:00 PM
And then, I just now thought, why not a Great Beast?

- Le Messor

Oh man I would buy that in a second.

Which one? I always liked Tundra. Not much to him though - just a big chunk of land. I love it.

-K-M-
07-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Which one? I always liked Tundra. Not much to him though - just a big chunk of land. I love it.

All of them. I would first buy Somon, then Kolomaq though.

Le Messor
07-29-2006, 08:04 PM
For the BAF, I was figuring Somon, or maybe Tolomaq would be great.

I agree, Tundra wouldn't. Nor the fire beast. 8)

- Le Messor
"A top-secret government study indicates that we wouldn't be any worse off if we let the economists predict the weather and the meteorologists predict the economy."
- Paul Harwitz, _Wall Street Journal_

darc_light
07-31-2006, 07:20 PM
I've seen a number of the Marvel Legends figures, but I don't own any. I thought of buying Toad, but he was sold out by then...

I saw the AOA Sabretooth, it mentions on the box how he's partnered with Kyle, but they didn't put a Lil' Kyle in with him like the regular figure :cry: I don't think Ant Man had an ant with him either...

Anyway, which heading on the Fwoosh message board is the poll under?

Barnacle13
08-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Go to the Unofficial Marvel Toy Board and then to the Marvel Legends Top 10 List thread.

darc_light
08-02-2006, 12:34 AM
THANKS!

darc_light
08-02-2006, 12:54 AM
I couldn't register right now because the code was x'd out, hopefully it will be up tomorrow.
I've already picked out two or three, no big surprises, the list can and probably will change, only the first two are certain votes for me:

Wildchild [X-Factor or Gamma Flight, I can't decide...I love both outfits...] 8)
Donald Pierce [AOA] 8) Ugly is the new Pretty!
Pretty Boy ["Bare Bones" look] I'd love it, but it's not likely... :cry:
Rictor [AOA]
Skin :cry: I miss him....
Armadillo [He's surprisingly popular!]
Nemesis would be nice...
Fang
Wyre [No way in hell, I know, but I can try...] :oops: :cry:

That's all I can think of right now, my families visiting, and I've been pretty busy...

Barnacle13
08-02-2006, 09:09 AM
You don't have to register. You can vote as a guest.

darc_light
08-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks. I did so this morning. Unfortunately, it was 2 AM and I could only think of 8... :oops:

darc_light
08-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh, thanks for voting for Wildchild, Barnacle13!!! :D

Barnacle13
08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
If they make him I will gladly buy! I'm just hoping Guardian and Northstar make the cut. Maybe I'll get lucky and Puck, Shaman, and Snowbird will start getting a few more votes as well. And a Build-a-figure Box would absolutely make my year. Looks like Fin Fang Foom is running away with that vote.

Barnacle13
08-02-2006, 02:02 PM
The more I check the lists, the more discouraged I become. It doesn't look like Alpha Flight is getting much support on this. No wonder Marvel is reluctant to give us a volume 4. I wouldn't sell a product that only a handful of people would buy either. We need everyone on this list to go and vote!!! Show some support for Alpha Flight!

Ziggy
08-02-2006, 02:24 PM
I didn't really know who the vote for, cause I never thought about who I'd like as an action figure but heres my list;

NorthStar
Aurora
Dazzler [Ultimate]
Sasquatch
Jubilee
Nemesis
Guardian
Polaris
Colossus
Rogue

Alpha Fan
08-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks to all of you who are taking the time to vote for Alpha Flight characters. We need to make Alpha Flight as visible as possible and seeing action figures of our favourite characters on the shelves (even if we aren't collectors) help. Dark Light, I would suggest you to edit your post and try to add two more characters, if you don't know who to vote for, I'd say go for Guardian and Northstar as they are the ones who have more chances of making it as a Marvel Legends right now, we'll go for the rest later. Collectors are usually very picky so if there's only half of the team made I'm sure Hasbro will release the complete team eventually to make them (and us) happy. Here you have one who will "fight" to make that happen.

Oh, and one more thnig, Wild Child (AoA version) was actually going to be released with AoA Sabretooth but due to oil costs he was finally cut from the assortment. Here you have a picture from the recent San Diego ComicCon where Toy Biz shew Kyle's prototype.

http://www.411beanies.com/1capt/sdcc2006/marvel2006/toybiz/2085.jpg

One last thing, Ziggy, Sasquatch has already been made:

http://www.fwooshnet.com/archives/ml/series12/sasquatch1.jpg

So, could you edit your post and change your vote for another alphan?

Thanks! Go and vote, Guardian and/or Northstar for the Top Ten!

Ziggy
08-02-2006, 03:16 PM
One last thing, Ziggy, Sasquatch has already been made:

Oh, sorry;

I did it as a guest; can i still edit? *goes to look*

Barnacle13
08-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks for voting Ziggy! I see a couple more folks weighed in on the side of Alpha Flight. Hopefully before they close the poll there'll be enough support to get one or two of these guys into a series of action figures.

Ziggy
08-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Do you know when it closes? I overlooked it if its on that post.

darc_light
08-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Such a beautiful figure 8) ! CURSE THE OIL SHORTAGE!!!! :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'll try to edit in 2 more, if they'll let me, I was thinking Guardian [Mac] and Box...

darc_light
08-03-2006, 04:28 AM
Since I voted as "Guest" I don't think I can reply. Sorry, it was 2 AM and I honestly didn't think it would go in. :oops: ](*,) #-o I'm inviting the people at the Childofdarkness Wildchild message board to vote, I'll see if anyone's still listening and try to wheedle some votes out of them.
Good Luck!

Barnacle13
08-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Do you know when it closes? I overlooked it if its on that post.

All it says is about a month or sometime after at least 14 pages of replies.

darc_light
08-07-2006, 06:11 AM
I remember some years back seeing two-pack Alpha Flight action figures, Sasquatch, Puck, Northstar and someone else, either Aurora or Heather...I was dissapointed that Wild Child didn't make the cut... :cry:

Anyone else remember those?

Barnacle13
08-07-2006, 09:16 AM
I remember some years back seeing two-pack Alpha Flight action figures, Sasquatch, Puck, Northstar and someone else, either Aurora or Heather...I was dissapointed that Wild Child didn't make the cut... :cry:

Anyone else remember those?

I have them all. Sasquatch/Snowbird, Northstar/Aurora, Vindicator/Puck i think were the pairings. You can still find them all on eBay. Other than that there is a Guardian (and a reverse Guardian) Toy Fare figure and the Sasquatch (and variant white Sas) Marvel Legends figure from the Apocalypse Series. I think that is the extent of action figures right now for Alpha. Hopefully they'll fix that. I'd love to have Shaman, Box , and Marrina to round out the team.

Barnacle13
08-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Apparently they changed their minds and the vote now ends today!!!!!! Go vote if you haven't yet done so. By the looks of it Alpha Flight characters could use a little help. Guardian, Northstar, Snowbird, Puck, Vindicator, and Aurora are our best bets, with Guardian and Northstar far outpacing the other four. Go vote! I want some wicked cool Alpha Flight action figures!!!!

darc_light
08-09-2006, 03:05 PM
I was wondering, is it possible for Alpha Waves to do a similar poll and submit it to Marvel? That way Alpha Flight could get more votes. :-k

Man, after I voted I saw several names I didn't think of, but would have loved to see :oops: ...Bug (Micronauts), Toad (Ultimate), Box (Jeffries), Deathbird...

Never vote at 2 AM. :oops:

Barnacle13
08-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah there were defineitely some figures I'd rather see than a few of the Alphans even, but I had to go with the all AF list on principle. I don't think it'll happen, but a Shaman and Talisamn figure are definitely needed. Marrina, too, for that matter. I'm tired of seeing 20 variations of Wolverine, Spider-man, Iron Man, and Cap. Give me Pip the Troll, Living Lightning, or Gamora. I just want something new and different, not the same characters in a different pose or in fancy new pajamas. I'd love a Power Pack set complete with Snarks, Kymellians, and Smartships.

darc_light
08-10-2006, 03:52 AM
Yeah, Wolverine's been done to death. It's like trying to find something differant amid all the Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker variants in Star Wars...