PDA

View Full Version : Your team?

Mokole
08-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Yes, another 'what is your team' post. Of course, as usual, you can change your mind for the next time somebody does this. :o

Here are the rules:
- You have to have a Guardian and a Vindicator
- You need at least one mystic
- No more than 7 characters, although less is OK
- No more than 2 new characters.
- Current Marvel continuity means a hill of beans, nothing

- and, as a bonus, put someone in charge of Department H.

OK.

Guardian - Albert Louis (once called Feedback)
Vindicator - Lilli (from v2, once called Ghost Girl)
Nemesis - Ananym (Witchfire has been promoted)
Box - Madison Jeffries
Sasquatch - Walter Langkowski
Puck - Eugene Judd
Psyslash - Isaac Ashoona

Director of Department H - Heather Hudson :wink:

DelBubs
08-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Being a bit of a traditionalist -

Guardian - Heather
Puck - Eugene
Wildchild - Kyle
Box - Roger Bochs
Sas - Walter
Snowbird
Talisman - Elizabeth

I would have lobbed Northstar or Aurora in there, but they have way to much baggage. Says a person who put Roger Bochs and Kyle Gibney in the mix :?

MistressMerr
08-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Vindicator - Heather McNeil-Hudson
Guardian - Elizabeth Twoyoungmen
Puck - Eugene Judd
Snowbird - Narya
Box - Madison Jeffries
Diamond Lil - Lillian Crawley-Jeffries
Persuasion - Kara Kilgrave

A much more research-based Department H:

Head of Department H - James MacDonald Hudson
Head of Department H Science Division - Walter Langowski
Head of Department H Mystic Division - Michael Twoyoungmen

Transmetropolitan
08-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Guardian- Heather Hudson
Shaman- Mike
Sasquatch- Walt
Northstar
Aurora
Wolverine (He needs to do a stinit on the team, dammit!)
Madison Jeffries (Box and just a general tech guy)

Head of Department H- Eugene (Puck). I dunno. I like the thought of him in a suit, and it'd be a cool way to keep him involved while getting him out of the suit that turns so many potential fans off initially. That, and the idea of a "simple" character getting handed the organizational nightmare of DH is rife with plot ideas.

Canucklehead
08-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Mac's character hasn't been more then 2 dimentioal ever since his return(s), I think the first story where he died a hero should be honoured by him dying a hero by the hands of the collective. As Byrne alluded to, he's a more interesting character dead then alive. His memory and legacy would be better suited with him dying a hero. That leaves the door open to another Guardian, perhaps Lou Sadler (the only thing I liked from v3). We could forget the horse stuff and have him wear a clothe costume while having his flight/power blast powers himself.

Now I've always been a traditionalist in my years but I just had a thought the other day and thought this might be a good place to post it. We haven't seen any of Anne MacKenzie in years, plus with the strange explanation of how Snowbird's body survived etc, I was wondering if anyone would be opposed to the "Snowbird" goddess being passed on to Heather. I mean, the Narya body could be made out to be an AIM imposter, injuring Shaman when his back is turned, leaving him bound to a wheelchair or at least a cane. The imposter is then subdued, the Narya spirt chooses Heather as a replacement body, so Heather can become a 1/2 Goddess when she is needed. Michael would then become a mentor/teacher/healer and pass his title to Chuck Moss or his daughter while the other becomes a bit jealous even eventually go mad. (Same for Madison, Alpha has so many great hero's but not the best villains. Talisman or Earthmover along with Jefferies would be serious threats).

I also think Puck II should meet her demise from the collective. Give some angst to Eugene and Lou.

I'm probably the only one that actually liked Flex(maybe a different code name) as he has a lot of potential. A weak person who was picked on suddenly has to grasp this great power. Again with the angst of a loved one (brother) he could become a nice complex character.

I also like the idea of different tiers. Aplha/Beta/Gamma. My Alpha would would go against the heavy hitters and be comprised of:

Guardian - Lou (follow his struggles to become leader and get over the death of Zuzha)
Snowbird - Heather (Strong leader/single mother, fight for the memory of Mac)
Aurora - Finally cured of her illness (story line could follow they discover their father, go to meet him, learn of clues of a possible third Baubier)
Northstar - Joined for Aurora but becomes a mentor to the younger people.
Sasquatch - Love the big guy. (Bring his relationship back with Jeanne-Marie, create some tension again)
Puck - (the heart of the team getting over the death of Zuzha)

Then have a Beta Flight going different missions. Maybe more low key/Paranormal X-File type investigations. Smaller group:

Flex leader
Witchfire mystic trying to live a more normal life the past few years, trying to hide her powers after that storyline where she went a little nuts. Has to protect the new guy (relationship follows)
New Guy, maybe a Newfoundlander, some comic relief but solid 3 dimentional character with a heart of gold. Can sense paranormal stuff. See's ghosts can control them. Ends up finding out he can summon dead spirits and large beasts.

The Gamma would be the training group. Just have young kids with powers being trained. See some familiar faces like Flinch. See what they can do. If theres an injury in the higher ranks, they can fill in.

Basically have 2 or 3 storylines/investigations going on at once. Give more to the book. See characters grow and join the upper team, new faces coming into Gamma etc.

I donno, just something a little different but not made up of 3/4 different characters.

Garry/Al-Fan
08-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Michael Twoyoungmen/Shaman
Walter Langkowski/Sasquatch
Heather Hudson/Vindicator or Guardian
Jeanne-Marie/Aurora
Jean-Paul/Northstar
Narya/Snowbird
Eugene Judd/Puck

Director of Dept. H - Frank Hulme

Bill P
08-29-2006, 02:56 AM