PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Flight on the Silver Screen...

LuminousVelocity
09-04-2006, 06:17 AM
With the upcoming film "Wolverine" on the 2007/2008 cinema roster, does anyone know if Alpha Flight is going to make an appearance? "Wolverine" is slotted to be an origin story for the title character, so technically that would include our favorite Canadians. I'm worried they won't be written in, though, since the X-films destroyed so much of the original continuity. Still, I'm keeping my hopes up. Currently there's no proper cast list from www.imdb.com, yet. Any thoughts?

cmdrkoenig67
09-04-2006, 08:38 AM
I'd like to at least, see Mac and Heather finding him after he escapes from Weapon X and trying help him find his humanity again (even in a flashback).

Dana

DelBubs
09-04-2006, 10:04 AM
With the upcoming film "Wolverine" on the 2007/2008 cinema roster, does anyone know if Alpha Flight is going to make an appearance? "Wolverine" is slotted to be an origin story for the title character, so technically that would include our favorite Canadians. I'm worried they won't be written in, though, since the X-films destroyed so much of the original continuity. Still, I'm keeping my hopes up. Currently there's no proper cast list from www.imdb.com, yet. Any thoughts?
I'd like to see at least Heather and Mac make a cameo appearence, but given the plot outline, I'm not holding my breath. BTW welcome to the forum and glad to see ya posting.
**SPOILERS**
Plot Outline: A prequel to X-Men. Wolverine lives a mutant life, seeks revenge against Victor Creed (who will later become Sabertooth) for the death of his girlfriend, and ultimately signs up and goes through the mutant Weapon X program.

LuminousVelocity
09-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Ugh, that Sabretooth. He needs a life! I wonder how much of the pseudo-recent "Origin" series will be incorporated into the film. I know some people got really annoyed with the fact Wolverine originally had bone claws, but I thought it was a nice touch. Otherwise just dealing with a healing factor doesn't make for a very hard mutant life or a fun story to watch. If they are going to develop that whole story though, especially with the death of his girlfriend, I wonder if maybe the film might be split up into two? The first would end where he meets Dept H, and then the second would pick up and go from there until Logan's eventual departure from Alpha Flight to X-Men. That would leave LOTS of screentime for some Alpha Flight action. If only they hadn't simply "found" Wolverine in the first X-film, then writers might've been able to work in a cool showdown between Alpha Flight and X-Men for the final sequence to "Wolverine." Ah well. Hollywood was never one for continuity, anyway.

LuminousVelocity
09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh, and you're both totally right. A Hudson Duo appearance would be such a nice touch. They're the ones who really explored the dichotomy of Wolverine's feral and human nature. It'd really give some needed depth to the plot.

DelBubs
09-04-2006, 03:44 PM
You might want to check out http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1526&start=0 , which is a fairly recent discussion that has some connection to this.

Le Messor
09-09-2006, 08:51 PM
I read, not that long ago, a fairly detailed plot outline based on a leaked script draft. (First half only). I believe I got it from 'Latino review' and it was pulled very shortly afterwards.
I posted about it at the time.

Anyway, no mention anywhere of AF.
Not to mention the first X-Men movie; they state explicitly that Wolverine was on the run ever since he escaped from Weapon X. At least, he escaped 15 years ago, and has been running for 15 years.

It doesn't leave much room for being taken in by parental figures. :(

- Le Messor
"Amateurs imitate; professionals steal."