PDA

View Full Version : What's your comic "pull list". Any new stuff....

Guardian
09-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm just alittle bored so I thought I'd find out what everyone is reading in terms of comics nowadays. And is there any new stuff coming out that you might pick up? :D

DelBubs
09-15-2006, 12:23 PM
If truth be known I'm not actually collecting a great deal at present. I'm buying most things 'Civil War' and do pick up X-Men, but only cos of the Alpha appearences we've had. Out of the Civil War stuff I'm probably enjoying 'Wolverine' most, but the art doesn't really appeal to me.

Guardian
09-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Right now for me:
-Captain America- Ed Brubaker is the best writer in comics in my opinion. Epting and D'Armata (art team) is magnificent as well.

-Uncanny X-Men- I picked this up 4 issues ago when Ed Brubaker took over as writer. I hadn't read UXM in many, many years.

-New Avengers- Though I'm not a big fan of Bendis this series has been decent. I may drop it soon if things don't pick up after Civil War.

-Ms. Marvel- Good stories and space aliens. Not to mention the costume. Need I say more. :wink:

-Ghost Rider- Decent start for the new series. Not sure about it yet.

-Astonishing X-Men- Good stories and I love the characters. Only problem with this title is that the team has had a very difficult time getting out an issue on time.

-Civil War- This series has been pretty good. I've been picking up the Frontline stuff along with the main series. The new Heroes-for-Hire series was decent in its first issues. And I've picked up the X-Men CW stuff as well. I also got the Cable and Deadpool series having to do with CW. I may continue this series after CW ends.

-Moon Knight- Great, great series. Love the art and stories.

For new stuff I'll be picking up the new Union Jack mini-series that comes out next week (I think). I may also pick up Blade. After CW I'll be gettin' the new Omega Flight and the new Spider-Woman stand alone series. I may even try Mighty Avengers. I'm not sure about this one yet though.

For non Marvel stuff I read Painkiller Jane from Dynamite! Entertainment and Devi from Virgin Comics.

Ben
09-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Civil War
Moon Knight
Hulk
Exiles
Annihilation

and whatever might grab my attention.

Ben

DelBubs
09-15-2006, 12:50 PM
I actually picked up the first couple of issues of Moon Knight, but found the pacing wasn't doing it for me. That said, the art and my past affinity for the character has convinced me that I'll pick up the TPB when it inevitably comes out :-)

syvalois
09-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Franco-belgium comic mostly once in a while and usually to give as a gift (nice format for that).

Powersurge
09-15-2006, 01:32 PM
The only thing that I have bought on a consistent basis in years is Civili War and CW: Frontline. I've checked out a few issues of the New Avengers, Ms. Marvel, and ahve bought some back isues of AF vol.1 and vol.2.

I'm mostly waiting for Omega Flight to hit the stands, and will probably give the forthcoming Thor comic a chance too.

I thought about getting back into the X-Men, but man, there are so many titles, and so much has changed (Cyke and Emma Frost?!?!?!?!)... forget about it.

Guardian
09-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I actually picked up the first couple of issues of Moon Knight, but found the pacing wasn't doing it for me. That said, the art and my past affinity for the character has convinced me that I'll pick up the TPB when it inevitably comes out :-)

Yeah, the pacing has been a bit slow, but I just love the art/character, so it's tolerable.

Guardian
09-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that I'm also reading through the first volume of Alpha Flight. This is gonna take me awhile. :)

Le Messor
09-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Fallen Angel,
Astonishing and Uncanny
Wolverine Origins (though it's not on my pull-list yet. gotta do that today.)
JLA and Avengers
Teen Titans
Runaways
Young Avengers
Runaways / Young Avengers
Civil War (But I don't need no civil war. It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.)

There's this new title coming out that I'm kinda excited about. I'm a little cynical about some of the things the writer & artist have said, in a 'yeah, I've heard it before' way but it's looking good. It's called 'Omega Flight', I recommend you take a look at it.

Also, new series of ClanDestine. Coming soon. Apparently.

Phil
09-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Oooh gawd... erm...

Rex Mundi
Stormwatch PHD - Gonna try this for Jackson King... my digits are crossed.
The Boys
American Virgin - Am wavering on this one; as with a lot of Seagle stuff it starts out strong but then starts going downhill rapidly.
DMZ
Cross Bronx
Elephantmen
Phonogram
Ultimate Power
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimates 2/3/4
OHOTMU A-Z when it has Alphan bio's.
Bullet Points
Civil War
Eternals
Nextwave
Onslaught Reborn
What If.. Wolverine:EOTS
Astonishing X-Men
Cable/Deadpool
Exiles
Wolverine
Wolverine:Origins
X-Factor
X-Men
Punisher
Wisdom
Black Gas 2
Wormwood Gentleman Corpse
Leading Man
Local
Se7en

Recently dropped:

Manifest Eternity
Uncanny X-Men

Adam
09-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm reading...

Civil War
Civil War Frontline
the Amazing Spider Man & Wolverine CW tie ins
New Avengers
X-Factor
Nextwave
Godland
BPRD / Hellboy whenever they show up
...and I'm trying the first arc of the new JLA just for kicks.

I think I'm increasingly going to start picking up trades though, as they seem to be a much better value for my dollar (and the idea of building a little library of them appeals to me). The only things that I might keep going monthly on are Nextwave, Godland and Omega Flight when it's released.

Guardian
09-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Oooh gawd... erm...

Rex Mundi
Stormwatch PHD - Gonna try this for Jackson King... my digits are crossed.
The Boys
American Virgin - Am wavering on this one; as with a lot of Seagle stuff it starts out strong but then starts going downhill rapidly.
DMZ
Cross Bronx
Elephantmen
Phonogram
Ultimate Power
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimates 2/3/4
OHOTMU A-Z when it has Alphan bio's.
Bullet Points
Civil War
Eternals
Nextwave
Onslaught Reborn
What If.. Wolverine:EOTS
Astonishing X-Men
Cable/Deadpool
Exiles
Wolverine
Wolverine:Origins
X-Factor
X-Men
Punisher
Wisdom
Black Gas 2
Wormwood Gentleman Corpse
Leading Man
Local
Se7en

Recently dropped:

Manifest Eternity
Uncanny X-Men

You must be a busy man! :shock: You dropped Uncanny X-Men. Why? If you don't mind me askin'.

Phil
09-19-2006, 09:58 PM
I dropped it and adjectiveless during House of M, cos it was boring the living wotsits out of me.
Brubaker's Deadly Genesis was alright so I picked up the first two issues of his run but they just did nothing for me, even with Clayton's artwork every third issue.
Carey's X-Men however has clicked with me, Northstar & Aurora aside.

Guardian
09-21-2006, 05:48 PM
I dropped it and adjectiveless during House of M, cos it was boring the living wotsits out of me.
Brubaker's Deadly Genesis was alright so I picked up the first two issues of his run but they just did nothing for me, even with Clayton's artwork every third issue.
Carey's X-Men however has clicked with me, Northstar & Aurora aside.

Ah, to each his own. :)

Inkdaub
10-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I picked up an issue of Moon Knight and loved it so I'll be putting that one in my subscription box. The art...as others have mentioned...is fantastic.

I'm reading the Civil War stuff as well as I can keep up with it all. Tony Stark's recent development has made him far more interesting to me though I know others don't like it.

I am reading both Wolverine and Wolverine Origins. The art in Wolverine is terrible...why draw Wolverine like he's a caveman? I hope the artists doesn't last much longer and so I keep going with it. Origins is alright.

I love Daredevil and he always has a spot in my sub box.

I am reading Uncanny and X-Men Civil War.

I am enjoying the Eternals.

I am looking forward to the new Thor book, Criminal and possibly Foolkiller. Omega Flight as well naturally.

Le Messor
10-06-2006, 05:04 AM
The art in Wolverine is terrible...why draw Wolverine like he's a caveman?

He looks like a triangle. :roll:

Never could stand cartoony art in a serious comic. Not that fond in funny (superhero) books, either.

- LM
"Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie, and one to listen."

Guardian
10-07-2006, 12:33 AM
I picked up an issue of Moon Knight and loved it so I'll be putting that one in my subscription box. The art...as others have mentioned...is fantastic..

Excellent! Besides Captain America I think that Moon Knight is the second best book out by Marvel right now.

DelBubs
10-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Been reading through a few comics this week trying to catch up on unread books.

Union Jack #2
Enjoying this a lot. Art is good nd the story has plenty of action. Really glad that they ain't playing on the 'Sabre' ~ 'Arabian Knight' angst to much.

Amazing Spider Girl #1
Gonna give this a little while. Not a bad first issue as such, but nothing to really make it stand out. Prolly end up dropping it.

Claws #2 of 3
Yeah, so so, if it wasn't a limited would prolly have binned it. Best thing so far was seeing Black Cat being more ruthless than Wolvie in dealing with the Kraven bot.

Blade #3
Last issue for me, not that impressed at all.

Still to read 'Civil War Frontline #7, Wolvie #47, Miss Marvel #8, Cable & Deadpool #33, X-Factor #12 and the Civil War Directors cut.'

Guardian
10-22-2006, 02:59 AM
-Union Jack #2 was a great read. This limited series is excellent. Cage's writing is great and Perkins' (from Captain America) art is fantastic. I'm loving Sabra. And seeing the Death Throws in there is awsome as well. I love Crossfire.

-Amazing Spider Girl #1 was pretty good to me. I never read the original Spider Girl, but I'll keep picking up this new series.

-Blade just sucks in my opinion. I picked up issue #1 last month and it was terrible. The story and premise of Blade as a SHIELd agent is stupid. The art bothered the hell out of me too. I can't stand Chaykin's art.

The newest issues of Ms. Marvel, Frontline and Cable and Deadpool are excellent. Especially Ms. Marvel and Cable/Deadpool. Deadpool cracks me up. :lol: [/quote]