PDA

View Full Version : M-Day and the Celestials

Julesville
09-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong...

But I read that the whole mutant potential thing was a Celestial invention, making Mutants one of their experiments. Don't you think they'd have something to say about their whole little science project just going poof.

That may be why Apacolypse involved with them now. Maybe his next job is to bring back mutantkind. You think though that if he said that at the beginning, he'd have a lot more people on his side. I could see a whole bunch of ex-mutants standing with him, helping him find a way to bring back the powers. It'd be a cool storyline, seeing good guys who lost their powers giving in to their greif by going bad, the problems it would cause, the rifts that would form, and in the end, they win. Then what. Everything goes back to normal. No sir. You have an infinite amount of possibility afterwards. THe muties that were opressed after they lost their powers go sh!tballs crazy and f#ck their opressors up, and then when the dust settles. Then what? Ahhh the posibilities...

But most importantly, the mutants would be back.

Peace.

Mokole
09-22-2006, 02:20 AM
Hard to say how they'll play out the Celestial-Apocalypse thing. It would make sense if mutants followed Apocalypse except for his "survival of the fittest" credo, which would kill many mutants.

darc_light
09-23-2006, 12:23 AM
I have a very stupid question :oops: , but I need to know, is House of M an alternate reality from mainstream Marvel (Earth 626?)? I wrote a profile for Litterbug at the Appendix, and he has recently appeared as one of the 198, if this is the same reality, I will need to have it updated by someone, I have none of the new issues :oops: .

DelBubs
09-23-2006, 04:45 AM
As far as I know and I'm almost certain, House of M is 616 reality.

darc_light
09-24-2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks 8) , I guess the guys at the appendix are waiting for a bit more before updating, as they've mentioned Shatter and Postman (Two other Chicago Morlocks) with relation to M-Day, as having lost their powers.

Does anyone have a link to a pic of Litterbug as he appears now?

Julesville
09-28-2006, 11:44 PM
I really miss all the mutants. I hate this brave new world without them, where's the human interest, where's the moral of the story. The X-Men just sit up in their mansion and get attacked all day. Lame...

I miss Morrison. Yeah, I said it, I MISS GRANT MORRISON. I liked his take on the X-Men, it was realer. It was ugly and raw, it was in your face and left a taste in your mouth. I wish everything he'd done hadn't been retconned like a mutha f&cka. I loved his writing (but hated his art, everyone was fat)

Peace!

Le Messor
09-29-2006, 05:53 AM
I miss Morrison. I wish everything he'd done hadn't been retconned. I loved his writing.

He told great stories, but I'd have appreciated them more if they were original stories, not X-Men.

He just wasn't true to the characters...

Speaking of retconning.
Before I read it, I heard arguments about Cyke's mercy killing:
One side: "It was really cool."
The other: "It was so out of character."

They were both right.

- LM
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
- Albert Einstein

Julesville
10-02-2006, 05:30 PM
I miss Morrison. I wish everything he'd done hadn't been retconned. I loved his writing.

He told great stories, but I'd have appreciated them more if they were original stories, not X-Men.

He just wasn't true to the characters...

Speaking of retconning.
Before I read it, I heard arguments about Cyke's mercy killing:
One side: "It was really cool."
The other: "It was so out of character."

They were both right.

- LM
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
- Albert Einstein

I think Cyclops was at a point where his character was changing. The Vulcan thing messed up his head somethin' awful, so I think he's capable of anything right now. And that's cool, going off character for a good reason.

And Morrison RULED! New X-Men RULED! It was AWESOME! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8) 8)

Transmetropolitan
10-03-2006, 02:45 AM
And Morrison RULED! New X-Men RULED! It was AWESOME! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8) 8)

If by "AWESOME" you mean, "convinced me not to start reading an X-Title again," I'm with you.

Julesville
10-04-2006, 04:08 PM

If by "AWESOME" you mean, "convinced me not to start reading an X-Title again," I'm with you. If by "convinced me not to start reading an X-Title again" you mean, "It was too enlightened for some people" then yeah, we're all on the page here! Meh, see, meh!

Transmetropolitan
10-04-2006, 04:30 PM

If by "AWESOME" you mean, "convinced me not to start reading an X-Title again," I'm with you. If by "convinced me not to start reading an X-Title again" you mean, "It was too enlightened for some people" then yeah, we're all on the page here! Meh, see, meh!

"Enlightened," right.

I think you mean the same pretentious crap that Morrison ALWAYS does.

Honestly, how does the man still find work? Because he made Animal Man "literary"? Because he 's capable of ignoring years and years of published continuity and character choices? Because he had the stones to have the JLA fight Heaven and Hell?

I'm not saying he's the worst scribe an X-book ever had, but he makes my bottom ten, definitely.