PDA

View Full Version : Snowbird and Canada

Banshee
10-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm new so this has probably been addressed before. In volume 1, it was very clear to me that Snowbird was bound to Canada. I have just been to the link to Snowbirds loft and Alphanex and this is confirmed. In a comic I picked up recently(in a back issue box), Heather had a baby and I think Snowbird was fighting in America not Canada. Is this 'binding' gone. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I have seen a Kolins sketch of snowbird. Is she in the new series in any shape or (pardon the pun) form?

Ben
10-27-2006, 01:09 PM
where did you see the Kollins Snowbird sketch?

Ben

DelBubs
10-27-2006, 01:43 PM
The Kolins sketch was used for research purposes only
http://www.filelodge.com/files/room16/411483/omega-flight-snowbird.jpg and was mentioned in the Scott Kolins interview (http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1646) thread.

As for Snowbird leaving the Canada, it was speculated that as she denied her kin by marrying Doug Thompson, that spell that bound her to Canada was no longer a problem. Also, as the new Snowbird is a clone I don't think the spell applies.

birdygirl
10-27-2006, 02:20 PM
In volume 1, #39-40, it was indeed shown that, since Snowbird had denied her heritage in order to marry a mortal, that she was no longer bound to Canada, and could leave the country without shrivelling.

Also, it was stated at that time that Snowbird could also turn into ANY animal from then on, and not just those bound to Arctic, but this was never really explored.

Curiously, in the second X-Men/Alpha Flight limited series, (which is supposed to predate Snowbird's marriage), Snowbird is shown actually leaving Canada, training in the X-Men's Danger Room, and going on a mission with Alpha to rescue the X-Men. Is this a continuity error or artistic license or what?

Striking Kollins picture, BTW. What a surprise I'd get if I saw something like this on an Audubon trip! :lol:

evenflow
10-27-2006, 02:23 PM
I thought Shaman did something to remove the boundaries. I remember reading something about it but I don't recall what it was exactly.

Snowsquatch
10-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Also, as the new Snowbird is a clone I don't think the spell applies.
I don't think the current Snowbird is a clone.

DelBubs
10-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Which Snowbird are you referring to. The one who married Yukon Jack (?) is from the past I think. The one who was captured with the real Alpha by the Plodex ship, was a clone created by A.I.M (Wolverine #142-143).

Banshee
10-28-2006, 06:08 AM
Is it possible to ignore what you guys seem to have illustrated is a 'mess of continuity' and just get narya back in Canada?

I long for the Snowbird of the X-Men/Wendigo 2 parter by Claremont and Byrne. When she became the Wolverine it was just brilliant. And the Polar Bear sneaking up on Kurt Wagner was hilarious.

Snowsquatch
10-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Which Snowbird are you referring to. The one who married Yukon Jack (?) is from the past I think. The one who was captured with the real Alpha by the Plodex ship, was a clone created by A.I.M (Wolverine #142-143).
Is the Alphanex in error then? There's no mention of her cloning in it.

DelBubs
10-28-2006, 02:35 PM
I'll concede on that one, I assumed clone and have done for ages. I vaguely remembered a thread from quite a while back where the whole clone thing was discussed. Clone or rejuvenated, it is a big continuity glitch either way, but rejuvenated whatever works for me.

-K-M-
10-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Naaaa...they stated she revived herself on her own with her remains, with is a continuity error. However, it was stated she wasn't cloned by A.I.M. Need be I have the scans...of course 8)

Also vol.3, ressurected Snowbird traveled to the states to battle the X-Men and even traveled into space to the Plodex homeworld so it appears ressurected Snowbird isn't bound by the spell Shaman performed. Also yes, temporal copy Snowbird married Yukon Jack but that may be retconned.

Snowbird: http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Snowbird

-K-M-
10-28-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm working on a Snowbird respect thread, great source for Snowbird feats :)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t427867.html