PDA

View Full Version : Highlander

Le Messor
10-28-2006, 11:07 PM
So, I'm reading the new Highlander comic (took them long enough, 20 years!).
For those Queen fans here, and there are a few, it may be of some interest. For any Highlander fans, it'll be of even more interest.

Then I notice the writing credits:
Mike Oeming!

Mike, if you're reading, "Avon"? :shock:

- Le Messor
"Be a friend to the friendless, an end to the endless, a mend to the mendless, an ear to the earless, a beer to the beerless, a fear to the fearless, affair to the fareless, a hair to the hairless."

Ben
10-29-2006, 12:56 AM
http://www.wordballoon.com/OEMING.html

DelBubs
10-29-2006, 02:54 AM
So, I'm reading the new Highlander comic (took them long enough, 20 years!).
For those Queen fans here, and there are a few, it may be of some interest. For any Highlander fans, it'll be of even more interest.

Then I notice the writing credits:
Mike Oeming!

Mike, if you're reading, "Avon"? :shock:

- Le Messor
"Be a friend to the friendless, an end to the endless, a mend to the mendless, an ear to the earless, a beer to the beerless, a fear to the fearless, affair to the fareless, a hair to the hairless."
Read this the other day. The Kurgan on the Russians side, it figures. As for the name 'Avon', I'm thinking 'Blakes Seven'. Cardboard spaceships and shoulder pads. Wonder if they'll ever bring it back and give it the Doctor Who treatment.

Le Messor
10-29-2006, 07:25 AM
As for the name 'Avon', I'm thinking 'Blakes Seven'. Cardboard spaceships and shoulder pads.

I thought the same thing. But would Oeming's parents have named him after a Blakes' Seven character?

(Then again, I once met a guy named James Kirk.)

- Le Messor
"It was agony. We tried all the usual names; Lucifer, Mao, Benito..."
- Morticia

Oeming
10-29-2006, 06:36 PM
AVON is my legal middle name. I use it when I can, but sometimes we just dont use it for no real reason.

I used to hide my name until I saw Blakes 7 and what a bad a$$ Avon is, so I started to use it:) Also it was more memorable than Oeming

M!

Le Messor
10-29-2006, 10:05 PM
AVON is my legal middle name.

I figured. Were you named before or after Blakes' 7?
(Still better than mine! 'least yours is pronouncable. :? )

- LM
"Be very, very careful what you put into that head, because you will never, ever get it out."
- Cardinal Wolsey

syvalois
10-29-2006, 11:12 PM
is it normal I don't understand a thing?

Le Messor
10-30-2006, 01:27 AM
is it normal I don't understand a thing?

Happens all the time around me.

Oeming
10-30-2006, 01:51 PM
AVON is my legal middle name.

I figured. Were you named before or after Blakes' 7?
(Still better than mine! 'least yours is pronouncable. :? )

- LM
"Be very, very careful what you put into that head, because you will never, ever get it out."
- Cardinal Wolsey

Yea, I was born in 73. Avon Kerr is bad a$$!

http://www.waveney.org/B7Com/charprof/avon.jpeg

DelBubs
10-30-2006, 03:38 PM
So Terry Nation must have based the character on you. :lol: