PDA

View Full Version : NBC Series: Heroes

evenflow
11-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Has anyone been watching this series? I am kinda surprized that nobody on here has mentioned how Niki Sanders is similar to Aurora with the whole split personality persona. One side of Sanders is a mild mannered caring single mother, the other is an online web camera stripper and serial murderer with superhuman strength.

varo
11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
show is awesome. love it.

i just want more future hiro.

SephirothsKiller
11-06-2006, 11:17 PM
I think the stripper is the same personality as the mother. I don't get why they're presenting that as a power though.

But yah, that show is amazing. The little kid is like Forge, and Hiro is like... Awesome. The guy on today was like Nitro.

Powersurge
11-07-2006, 12:44 AM
I was kinda ify following the first episode, but I was totally hooked after the second.

Hiro is awesome... your classic comicbook geek, all wide eyed and enthuisastic about discovering he had what he always wanted. Namely, superpowers.

And he is only made all the more interesting with the introduction of his bad-@$$ future self.

Good name too... phonetically speaking. Hiro is a hero. hehe...

I think that the cheerleaders father is an interesting character. The immediate impulse is to see him as the villain, but that knee-jerk response alone gives me reason to doubt that. So, I'm thinking more of a no-nonsense, highly pragmatic good-guy. A combo. between Nick Fury and Prof. Xavier

So, many jaw-dropping scenes already. Particularly memorable ones involving the cheerleader. Like when here neck gets busted while she is walking across the football field.

Keep an eye on the politician that can fly though. He seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Barnacle13
11-07-2006, 10:09 AM
How about his brother? I think he's a Synch type character. He seems to take on the characteristics of whoever he is near (his brother's flight, Issac's painting precognition).

I'm loving the show so far, though I thought last night was a little slow. All of the chance meetings are getting a little old. They need to start sticking together a little more and solving the mystery. I can't wait to see who (or what) Sylar is. My guess is he'll be a telepath or somesuch, since he's cleaned out a few skulls during his murders. I also can't wait for the sword wielding Hiro to become a permanent fixture, but I must admit I love his character. If you read the actor's bio you'll see the acting isn't a real stretch for him.He's pretty much a fanboy!

birdygirl
11-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I've just started watching this show, and have been encouraging everyone else I know to watch it. I wish I'd seen it from the first episode, but I'll catch up. It's truly fresh and amazing! Surprises around every corner. My favorite character is Hiro -- he's adorable! :D

Barnacle13
11-07-2006, 02:52 PM
It's kinda hard to not like Hiro. He's about the only character who isn't edgy. He just wants to be a hero. He learned his lesson quickly not to abuse the power he has. Others are still learning that lesson. I can't wait to see it all start tying together. The chance meetings have been great, but I'm wondering how they'll get everyone together on the same page fighting the bad guys and preventing the explosion. I guess they'll need a leader to step up and make that happen. There are only a couple candidates for that role and it would seem Hiro has already met him in the future. At any rate I'm anxiously awaiting next week, or Friday night on SciFi for the replay.

varo
11-07-2006, 04:50 PM
yeah, last night was a little slow, and it's starting to take on some of lost's problems with wondering where this is going. but the character development is unreal.

how would you like to be the cop and find out like that?

birdygirl
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
I could see some of the Alpha Flight parallels in last night's show. Niki's alter ego in the mirror: Aurora had a similar scene in volume 1. And the loose structure of the set-up, with the heroes being apart most of the time, and only coming together occasionally, echoes the structure of Alpha's early days, particularly during the John Byrne period.

PWalk
11-13-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm enjoying watching it the next day in my office when I'm supposed to be working. Great show.

Guardian
11-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Decent show. I try to watch if I have the time.

evenflow
11-17-2006, 04:54 AM
More Alpha Flight powers - that girl working with the cheerleader's father can command people like the Purple Girl.

Le Messor
02-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I finally got to start watching. Yay!

It's great. It's got the advantages of LOST, not the disads (to me). The sense of something building up, that all the characters are interconnected--but how? etc...

A lot of geeky comic book references. But: "Uncanny X-Men 143, where Kitty goes back in time." (Hiro, first ep.) Sorry, dude; Days of Future Past was #141-142, right after AF and the Wendigo.

My favourite is the Synch character, the congressman's brother.

- Le Messor
"Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace."
- Amelia Earhart

bigbloo
02-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Heroes is great! And every episode has a cliffhanger ending! I cant wait for the next one!

I agree with the Aurora-Niki Parallel in terms of portraying the MPD, but i have to say that her son's power's remind me more of the Technomancer villain from vol 1. Or Madison Jeffries.

And for some reason that politician guy Jason Petrelli kinda reminds me of Mac.

Which episode are y'all at? im at episode 15 where we find out who Claire's dad is. :)

SephirothsKiller
02-20-2007, 02:27 PM
I think it was episode 16 that showed yesterday. Its nice because I can watch it at 8 or 10 at night because Global airs it two hours before NBC does even though they're in the same time zone.

The one thing that I don't especially like is that the story arcs are so damn long... Every episode is awesome, but it takes a while to conclude everything... Part of me thinks I should just watch Heroes in TPB form. And by that I mean when it comes out on DVD. That way I could see the arcs as a cohesive storyline.

birdygirl
02-20-2007, 09:11 PM
"Heroes" definitely has lots of twists and turns. Not to mention awesome cameos. Did you see who Hiro's bus driver was last night?

None other than Stan Lee! :D

SephirothsKiller
02-21-2007, 12:42 AM
When I saw that I burst out laughing and my friend looked at me really weirdly... I hope he's in more episodes, with super bus driver powers!!

Barnacle13
02-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I had to explain to my whole family why I burst out laughing. Then I had to pull out the Hulk and Spider-man DVDs to show them more cameos. Then I had to explain why this old guy was showing up in all these movies and TV shows. I missed the first half of the show this week (had to take my wife out), but I'm loving the series. The plot certainly thickens, as they say!

SmurfInABlender
02-21-2007, 02:40 PM
I love it too... Syler is a great badguy, because he is believable it isn't jsut a guy who wants to be bad, its that he is jelouse because he wanted power so bad but didn't think he could get it so he thought it unfair and started stealing powers with what is ihs actual power and then got greedy... I just love how he's following around Surresh, I wonder how long before Surresh catches on that soemthing isn't right.

By the way.. Lost fans... The cop was also the Pilot who was eaten by the monster in the Pilot of LOST

I don't much care for the Nikki-Jessica storyline.. it is annoying, I'm more interested in her son and husband.. But they just seem SO far away from the main storylien that its useless to have them there, whereas I'm loving how Peter went from a pansy guy tryign to help peopel to one who actually wants to kick a$$.

Great show IMO and the ending.. of all the peopel to die I never would have guessed.. and the foreshadowing to it that you see as you look back on what happened on the episode! PERFECTION!

Powersurge
02-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Tomorrow night's episode should be great, promising to give us all sorts of insights into my favourite character, Mr. Bennet, and this agency he is a part of.

First the people tackling and restraining Cap in the finale CW, an now the show that gives us the skinny on the real Heroes of Heroes. Not to take anything away from Hiro or Pete, but sometimes the best do-gooders are the ones that are willing to get their hands dirty, rather than the ones more preoccuppied with keeping them "clean" no matter the expense.

SephirothsKiller
02-25-2007, 01:56 AM
Woot! Global has the next episode on a day earlier! Psyched!!

(It's Sunday today so I can post! Yay!)