PDA

View Full Version : Best to add to Omega

Mokole
11-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Who? Your choice.

Canucklehead
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I know, I know, but I always liked Flex 8)

-K-M-
11-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Toss up between Puck and a non-jobbing Walter for me.

SephirothsKiller
11-09-2006, 11:58 PM
It was a toss up between Puck and Walter for me. I chose Puck with a side of: Walt in a solo series.

Why is MM in there? :P We all know he's the new Guardian. :lol: :lol: Or its Clint Barton.... :x 8)

-K-M-
11-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Would a Sasquatch solo series work though? Walter's awesome, but he isn't the most well liked character and his history is so messed up. I would buy it though 8)

Snowsquatch
11-10-2006, 12:11 AM
I voted Sasquatch, but I would welcome Snowbird or Nemesis also.

A Sasquatch solo title? Sign me up!

Legerd
11-10-2006, 10:09 AM
I want to see Jefferies back as Box. I miss him. :cry:

Banshee
11-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Snowbird & Sasquatch. Hey, I'm greedy!! :D

Effexxor
11-10-2006, 11:34 AM
I really, really hope that Major Mapleleaf's in the Guardian suit, so I"m gonna pretend that we don't need to add him onto the team because he's already there.

Normally, I'd say Northstar because I like seeing Northstar everywhere. If I had it my way, he'd be forced to follow me around all the time so that I could giggle at his snarkyness and basically be a fag hag. However, that's impossible, and I'm interested about how his X men arc will work out.

Thus, I'm putting my vote in for Heather. Why? Because she's one of two female X characters that I actually like, the other being Polaris. But anyway, Heather is competent, smart and capable, unlike some people. (*cough* Jean Gray *cough*)

Garry/Al-Fan
11-10-2006, 11:49 AM
This is based on the illustration of the Snowbird/owl, which captures the essence of Narya, and the USAgent story in Choosing Sides. Snowbird would be in good hands if incorporated into Omega Flight. IMO

DelBubs
11-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I went against the grain and opted for 'Nemesis'. I think she would add a little more spice to the mix.

RolandT
11-11-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm guessing Snowbird, she can't have died in New Avengers. And Mr. Kolins did draw art of her.

-K-M-
11-13-2006, 12:55 AM
You know what? if though they arn't canon I wouldn't mind seeing Goldensnow and Redbird.

Canucklehead
11-13-2006, 08:59 AM
You know what? if though they arn't canon I wouldn't mind seeing Goldensnow and Redbird.

That name just sounds wrong 8)

But seriously, I hadn't read the Millenial Visions. Wish I had. That Red Bird looks amazing. I like the idea of Gamma. James should build something other then his suit. An android or some type of weaponery. He should use his brain more... unless constantly dying killed his brain cells. In that case, just give him a banjo and some crayons.

-K-M-
11-13-2006, 06:00 PM

That name just sounds wrong 8)

But seriously, I hadn't read the Millenial Visions. Wish I had. That Red Bird looks amazing. I like the idea of Gamma. James should build something other then his suit. An android or some type of weaponery. He should use his brain more... unless constantly dying killed his brain cells. In that case, just give him a banjo and some crayons.

haha never clued in on that before :P

Well the Millenial Vision entry was just one page, not very long at all. What you see in the alphanex is basically what was in the MV. Well James did built a mention that could track and activate people with latent mutant powers. Guy was an uber genius, but poor guy gets no respect.

PWalk
11-14-2006, 09:35 AM
I voted for Walt but would be just as happy to see Jeffries back working the armor as well.

On second thought with BRB already signed up does the team even need another "big strong guy"?

Legerd
11-14-2006, 08:48 PM
I voted for Walt but would be just as happy to see Jeffries back working the armor as well.

On second thought with BRB already signed up does the team even need another "big strong guy"?

Jefferies is more than just muscle. BRB can't make a sub, a plane or a spaceship out of himself. He can't rewrite a computer mainframe or strip a missle down to its component parts with little more than a thought. BRB has great abilities I'm sure, but Box has his own which are many.

Canucklehead
11-14-2006, 09:09 PM
I always thought Jefferies had the potential to be a poor man's Magneto. That's why they kept capturing and brainwashing him. The writters couldn't think up a bad guy he couldn't crush with a bunch of metal or drive over them after turning into a truck.

Legerd
11-14-2006, 09:39 PM
I always thought Jefferies had the potential to be a poor man's Magneto. That's why they kept capturing and brainwashing him. The writters couldn't think up a bad guy he couldn't crush with a bunch of metal or drive over them after turning into a truck.

Probably, but what about characters like Dr. Strange, Magik, Professor X, the Hulk, Adam Warlock, Storm, most of the Avengers...? They all are powerful yet the writers can dream up some amazing bad guys who give the heroes a run for their money.
I always believed it wasn't so much the writers couldn't create some decent opposition, more that they couldn't be bothered. I'm going to leave it at that, because I don't want to turn this thread negative.

-K-M-
11-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Hey you gotta respect a guy who can destroy his mass possibly making an atomic blast and in a split second transform into a spaceship that can travel at speeds faster than light

Madison Jeffries Respect Thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=425038&highlight=madison+jeffries

Canucklehead
11-15-2006, 08:54 AM
You gotta respect a guy with so any respect threads :P

I had been wondering something for awhile as there are some Mantlo issues I'm missing. It seems Jefferies was never the prettiest fello or most articulate of the bunch in the early days. Then one issue he's attractive and well spoken. bah? Did I miss an important issue? (EDIT: Oh wait he gets ugly again in later issues. Must have been the artist)

BTW Munji, where did you get that signature pic with Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar, Shaman and Puck? It looks very well drawn. Is there a larger version?

On another note, there's a rumor going around the Marvel board that Guradian may be Stark since he has ties with Julia and USAgent. Not saying it is, but if it was, how would your reaction be having him lead OF after his actions in CW?

PS
I'm A.D.D. so please excuse the jumping around of subjects 8)

Mokole
11-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Stark is most likely to become the Director of SHIELD. Maria Hill will be replaced, and images of future Iron Man's show him as Director.

Canucklehead
11-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Stark is most likely to become the Director of SHIELD. Maria Hill will be replaced, and images of future Iron Man's show him as Director.

I saw that too, but then Marvel released covers just like that for Spider-Woman, Captain America and Reed Richards and JQ played them off as just an Artists rendering or something. Probably just covering his own butt for letting art slip through, but you never know 8)

-K-M-
11-15-2006, 05:32 PM
BTW Munji, where did you get that signature pic with Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar, Shaman and Puck? It looks very well drawn. Is there a larger version?

Actually got it here:

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_cat.php?cat_id=2

The member robert1175 illustrated the awesome image.

Guardian
11-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Persuasion for me.

Banshee
11-17-2006, 07:50 AM
Glad to see that Snowbird and Sasquatch are topping the poll!! Hope that young Mr.Oeming is noticing this. And let's see lots and lots of the fabulous civilian ids of Walter and Anne. I always felt Corporal Anne McKenzie was somebody I'd love to see more focus on. :D

Canucklehead
11-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Aw, no love for Zuzha. Did Scott Lodbell ever get interviewed at the end or after AFv3? He seemed to become very quiet near the end of the series (interview-wise). I'm wondering if we ever found out his plans to do with the series if it had lasted longer (like Seagle did). Did he ever explain why Zuzha could talk from birth etc?

Flight has too many underdeveloped characters. 8)

Snowsquatch
11-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Aw, no love for Zuzha. Did Scott Lodbell ever get interviewed at the end or after AFv3? He seemed to become very quiet near the end of the series (interview-wise). I'm wondering if we ever found out his plans to do with the series if it had lasted longer (like Seagle did). Did he ever explain why Zuzha could talk from birth etc?

Flight has too many underdeveloped characters. 8)
Too true. Despite the many flaws of vol3, I really would like to see some resolution of the Puck and Zuzha story and the Nemesis and Rudy story.

Glad to see that Snowbird and Sasquatch are topping the poll!!
Me too. If TPTB insist that Sasquatch is really dead, I have no problem with Snowbird filling that role in her "snow-squatch" form. And there's no reason she couldn't adopt the orange sasquatch form, is there? I think she adopts white animal forms out of convention, not necessity.

Regardless, I don't mind if Oeming spends some time with the primary group of five before revisiting older AF characters. I'm now resigned to the fact that Marvel has no intention of re-establishing the classic AF lineup.

Canucklehead
11-17-2006, 04:24 PM
And there's no reason she couldn't adopt the orange sasquatch form, is there?

Orange flavoured Kool-Aid + a very large tub. 8)

DelBubs
11-17-2006, 06:11 PM

Flight has too many underdeveloped characters. 8) I sincerely doubt that Lobdell had any plans after issue 12. The man took Alpha and turned them into a laughing stock. Then expected us to buy into it cos he deemed us worthy enough of a little bit of his attention, then buggered off when it all went tits up.

I'd rather he had continued on his way after #106 and never looked back.

Damien
05-15-2007, 06:49 AM
I'd like to see Sassy back, to be honest. After that, I'd like a new member, to be honest. Someone who either fits the team (maybe Puma?) or someone who I just like and think Oeming would have fun with (Toxin).

Canucklehead
05-15-2007, 08:04 AM
D'oh wrong thread... um, I'd say Snowbird is already there in some form so I wouldn't waste my pick on her.

Flex, Jeffries or the twins.

Dfense75
05-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Although we havent seen himon covers I think Sasquatch will be on the team. So assuming he will be on I say Snowbird.