PDA

View Full Version : Omega Flight pages from Marvel.com

Adam
11-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Forgive me if this has been posted already. Check this out:

http://www.marvel.com/blogs/agent_m

Scroll down and look to the left. There are a few designs of USAgent and Beta Ray Bill, along with the Wrecking Crew. There's also two pages of art, one of which features... well... you'll see.

Canucklehead
11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Cool thanks man! And Sasquatch!!!! He lives! Unless it's a flashback... but still!!!

Adam
11-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Unless it's a flashback... but still!!!

Or Snowbird

Canucklehead
11-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Well it shows a guy in an expensive looking appartment, having a drink with glasses on the table, then Sas appears. I put 2 and 2 together. Maybe he'll be in the suit! LOL

Legerd
11-30-2006, 09:03 PM
I like Scott Kolins' Sasquatch! Looks good. :D

DelBubs
11-30-2006, 09:11 PM
That Sas looks the business, probably the best I've seen him drawn in years. I also like the fact that in the text it mentions that Kolins is one of the fastests artists in comics today and can turn out an issue in three weeks. All sounds very promising. :lol:

Legerd
11-30-2006, 09:13 PM
That Sas looks the business, probably the best I've seen him drawn in years. I also like the fact that in the text it mentions that Kolins is one of the fastests artists in comics today and can turn out an issue in three weeks. All sounds very promising.

I hope Sas ends up in the book. His powers are mystically based which would fit in with the team's main focus.

Ottawa Renegade
11-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Beta Ray Bill is looking pretty bad-@$$... 8)

Ben
11-30-2006, 10:01 PM
SASQUATCH!!!!!!!

-K-M-
11-30-2006, 10:21 PM
ooooooh baby, that's no flashback that's the real deal. I take it Walter's one of the original members that was going to join Alpha Flight. However, as mentioned could be Snowbird.
===
AM: There was a glimpse of this in Choosing Sides, but what's the deal with the formation of the team?
Schmidt: Yeah, there was an eight-page USAgent story, which threw people into a fit. [Laughs]
===
It did? I thought it was good.

DelBubs
11-30-2006, 10:33 PM
I think the reference is to jumping out of a plane in your boxers. As to Sas, I reckon it's the real deal too, the only flashback would be to AF #120 and I can't see any reason for that. Nothing written in stone yet, but imho, April can't get here soon enough.

Canucklehead
11-30-2006, 10:33 PM
ooooooh baby, that's no flashback that's the real deal. I take it Walter's one of the original members that was going to join Alpha Flight. However, as mentioned could be Snowbird.

I'm pretty sure the guy with the glasses is Walter.

It did? I thought it was good.

Maybe it was a good "fit"? Who knows lol 8)

-K-M-
11-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the guy with the glasses is Walter.

As do I, upset man looking over possible bew recruits drinking and his glasses are left on the table. Sasquatch aint smiling when he is fighting the Wrecking Crew, had a smirk when he jumped on Thunderball? (can't tell) though

Canucklehead
11-30-2006, 10:59 PM
What I'm wondering is, if Sassy can take care of at least 1/2 the Wrecking Crew without breaking a sweat, why does a team need to be formed to stop the villains as the Crew have taken on Thor before and are pretty tough?... Unless somethin happens to Sassy... :shock:

-K-M-
11-30-2006, 11:02 PM
What I'm wondering is, if Sassy can take care of at least 1/2 the Wrecking Crew without breaking a sweat, why does a team need to be formed to stop the villains as the Crew have taken on Thor before and are pretty tough?... Unless somethin happens to Sassy... :shock:

Well maybe with him so upset and possibly angry Tanaraq has begun to take control once again feeding him more power. Heck, the Wrecking Crew in the latest New Excalibur easily beat current Juggernaut.

Piledriver got took down by Hawkeye with arrows before and US Agent took him out with merely two hits. It all depends, sometimes they are a threat others...not so much.

Mokole
11-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Without colour, it's hard to know for sure, but I'm betting it's Sasquatch. That gives him the lead in "who's the sixth member of Omega Flight". 8) Though Snowbird could be picking to use his form now... The guy with the phone is likely Walter, leaps after the Wrecking Crew, yah, I'm betting Sasquatch.

Ah, waiting for April still.... :cry:

But at least we get some images. Thanks. Talisman, a Guardian (Mac or picked by Mac) and now maybe Sasquatch. Cool.

Issue one will rock!

DelBubs
11-30-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm guessing that if Walt is reading personal files on US Agent and Arachne then he's likely to be leading OF and he'll probably choose who replaces Mac in the suit. Or then again, maybe not :-)

Adam
11-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Of course just because Walt apparently isn't dead and appears in the issue doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a member of Omega...

-K-M-
11-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Of course just because Walt apparently isn't dead and appears in the issue doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a member of Omega...

True, he maybe the ones opposed to the new team as Oeming said past members were going to be against.

Also I'm pretty sure it's not Mac in the suit anymore, if it's going to be revealed in #3 yeah not looking good. Basically it will be a shock and someone new.

Adam
11-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Also I'm pretty sure it's not Mac in the suit anymore, if it's going to be revealed in #3 yeah not looking good. Basically it will be a shock and someone new.

It should be Saint Elmo in the suit. Look at the preview art, all he's missing is the beard. The power manifestation is pretty close.

Of course once the masses get a hold of Elmo he'd be off to join the New Avengers with the other A-listers, so it'd be short lived.

Ottawa Renegade
11-30-2006, 11:52 PM

True, he maybe the ones opposed to the new team as Oeming said past members were going to be against.

Exactly. That's why it CAN'T be Mac. What kind of revelation would that be??

"Guardian is...the very person you thought all along it would be!" :shock:

Snowsquatch
12-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Maybe not. Perhaps everyone believes Mac is dead and this new "Guardian" is an impostor. But he finally unmasks to prove he really is Mac.

SephirothsKiller
12-01-2006, 12:06 AM
SASQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH! !!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P

Methinks I saw a Quebec licence plate on one of the cars? Can anybody confirm this? (Actually, I look at it again, and the design is more Ontario-ish (which makes sense) except the O just seems to be smudged a tad.)

Other things spotted: If that IS Walt he's taking shots while reading the files... Is Arachne working for SHIELD? That doesn't seem too likely to me, how odd. Meh, they probably offered her a deal. And where is "Walt" in that pic? In a shack?

Mokole
12-01-2006, 01:27 AM
He's in a bar or maybe even Dept. H, or a hotel.

It could be Mac in the suit, reluctant to become Guardian with a dead wife and little girl to take care of. But things can change...

Canucklehead
12-01-2006, 08:00 AM

True, maybe he can't join cause he's gotta go to space and save an alien race of green barbarians.... nah, too farfetched. Even for comics. I... oh, wait...

varo
12-01-2006, 10:18 AM
that is the best i have seen sasquatch look since byrne (and yes i'm including jim lee's sasquatch)

Garry/Al-Fan
12-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Sasquatch, huge hairy and smilin'! My hat is off to Mr. Oeming and Mr. Kollins! It's looking good.

Banshee
12-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Sasquatch!! And not that jokey imposter from volume 3!!

YAYYYYYY!! :D

maniac mike
12-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, I'm just about as excited about those preview page just like everyone else, but those design sketches are pretty sweet too. I love the new look for Beta Ray Bill and FINALLY, Mr. Kolins has made the Wrecking Crew look more like a bunch of former construction workers on steroids, than spandex wearing super villains. Very nice.

MM :D

-K-M-
12-01-2006, 05:23 PM
haha yeah it was due they changed their attire, it was god awful before.

Mokole
12-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Kolins will be great for OF, like Henry was great for AF. Both will be artists we appreciate. Methinks Maniac Mike's avatar is a Great Beats BTW, not Snowbird. :o

Phil
12-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Looking at the filenames of the jpegs, one's 4901245 and the other's 4901262, so they don't necessarilly follow each other, meaning that the guy with the glasses isn't necessarilly Walt.

Although taking the pages into 'Shop and darkening them, it does appear that the general flow of the pages is Walt in some kind of building looking through the files of the US 'heroes' who are assigned to protect Canada when he gets a call about the Wrecking Crew, busts through the door and lands as Sasquatch on them...

All pure guesswork :lol: :lol:

Oeming
12-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Yay! Glad you guys are liking. I'll see if I can post larger images of those pages here, they are hard to make out.

Just got all the art of issue 1 in and Im very excited:)

Mokole
12-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Great! Thanks again! We get OMEGA FLIGHT.

-K-M-
12-01-2006, 09:28 PM
I got it pretty well..

1st scan: Wrecking Crew is attacking a town, and a person with a shotgun appears shooting Bulldozer with no effect. He even makes the guy aim the shotgun at his chest to prove it's futile.

2nd scan: Sasquatch jumps on Thunderball, Wrecker charges up his crowbar and is about to attack Sasquatch, but Walter? levels him with a punch. Now Piledriver and Bulldozer are the only ones left looking at Sasquatch

Scott Kolins
12-02-2006, 01:23 PM
:D
Hey all, Scott Kolins, here! I'm very excited about this book and very glad that you seem to be as well. Hope you can wait until April, I know it's not going to be easy, but hopefully the time will fly by. And hopefully Marvel will release other bits and pieces along the way! I imagine they will.

Maaaaybe also in the meantime, I can do a sketch or two of whatever Alpha character you'd like to see me try? Maybe we should vote on who the first sketch will be? (and then I need somebody's help posting it.)

BTW- I just finished issue #1 - and had an absolute blast! I love working with Mike Oeming! We are going to make this book ROCK!

Happy Holidays!

Scottk.

-K-M-
12-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh wow, welcome to the board. Also yeah April seems a long times away, and the excitement not just on this board, but on others is quite positive.

Also great idea, maybe make a seperate thread designated for your sketch?

Legerd
Hey Mr. K, welcome aboard. Love what I've seen of OF, especially your take on Sasquatch. 8)

Maaaaybe also in the meantime, I can do a sketch or two of whatever Alpha character you'd like to see me try? Maybe we should vote on who the first sketch will be? (and then I need somebody's help posting it.)Scottk.

Sounds like a question for the Poll.

BTW- I just finished issue #1 - and had an absolute blast! I love working with Mike Oeming! We are going to make this book ROCK!

Happy Holidays!

Scottk.

Cool. I was disappointed the first time I heard the premise of the book, but slowly I've been coming around. Now I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with.

DelBubs
Hiya Scott, welcome aboard. Glad to have you here. People seem very excited about Omega Flight and your art is being very well recieved. Especially that little blue fella that Maniac Mike is using for his avatar (so much speculation as to who or what it is :-) ).

As regard the sketch of Alpha members, I'm sure a poll can be set up so people can vote for who they'd like to see.

-K-M-
12-02-2006, 02:00 PM
The character Maniac Mike is using for his avatar is not going to be appearing in the book as stated by Oeming. However, he looks like the Wendigo from Amazing Spider-Man #277

Oeming talking about the charater:
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=92750&highlight=omega+flight

Bio for the wind Wendigo:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/wendigosm.htm

Snowsquatch
12-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Glad to hear from you Scott. Boy, the enthusiasm is just oozing from you and Oeming.

I was cool to Omega Flight at first, wanting a return to classic Flight. But I think you guys are gonna pull this off just fine.

Mokole
12-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Nice to hear all the enthusiasm! I can, OK, wait for April I may need good news by then (school closures :cry: )

maniac mike
12-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Here is something interesting, I was reading the latest issue of Wizard [183] and on page 40 they have a body count of characters who have died from both Marvel and DC. Of course AF is on it, but somebody is missing, can you guess who? Below is an excerpt from the magazine...

ALPHA FLIGHT (Guardian, Major Mapleleaf II, Puck, Puck II, Shaman and Vindicator) in New Avengers #17 (Mar.). Killed by the Collective.

MM :wink:

Ben
12-02-2006, 04:45 PM
aha, Sasquatch! Also, who know what characters might turn out not to be dead. Someone like Shaman can be un-killed easily enough, mac has done it so many times that once more isn't out of the picture. Puck has enough mystical connections to find his way back to the land of the living. MML and Puck II I care not about.

Ben

-K-M-
12-02-2006, 04:49 PM
aha, Sasquatch! Also, who know what characters might turn out not to be dead. Someone like Shaman can be un-killed easily enough, mac has done it so many times that once more isn't out of the picture. Puck has enough mystical connections to find his way back to the land of the living. MML and Puck II I care not about.

Ben

haha, you summed it up quite nicely.

Canucklehead
12-02-2006, 05:38 PM
I don't rememeber which thread, but on Oeming's forum when asked if we'd see MML Jr again, Mike frankly said something like "The only time you'll read MML Jr again will be on his tombstone... if that." Again something like that. Pretty funny.

-K-M-
12-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't rememeber which thread, but on Oeming's forum when asked if we'd see MML Jr again, Mike frankly said something like "The only time you'll read MML Jr again will be on his tombstone... if that." Again something like that. Pretty funny.

ta da...

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=84484&highlight=major+mapleleaf

Mokole
12-02-2006, 09:28 PM
This is not news (http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/showthread.php?p=1286571#post1286571), but I'm sharing anyway:

Originally Posted by Scratchy
Is the line-up of Omega Flight, besides the three we already know (Beta Ray Bill, US Agent, Arachne), that integral to how Civil War ends?

I know you're wildly interested in all things ALPHA/OMEGA FLIGHT, Scratchy, but I'm afraid my answer at this point remains the same: wait and see. You'll know more in CIVIL WAR #7, CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE and OMEGA FLIGHT #1.
Tom B

syvalois
12-02-2006, 10:01 PM

That made me so happy. Who ever choose to name themselves Major Mapleleaf need to died. What a stupid name!

Legerd
12-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Oh no, baby Hudson is an orphan! :shock: I wonder if her fate will be dealt with in OF? I wish the guys working on the book were here to answer that. Oh wait...! :wink:

Mokole
12-03-2006, 01:47 AM
You know, I figure that image (the one with the 'Sneak peak' that Mr. Oeming said wouldn't last long) is a page before the ones with Sasquatch and the Wrecking Crew at Marvel.com.

Sure looks like the bar fight involves the Wrecking Crew, and the 4th member shows up. They then go on to wreck the town, Sasquatch goes after them. And the glasses are Walter's as he peruses the folders on his new 'recruits'.

maniac mike
12-03-2006, 03:01 AM
:D
Hey all, Scott Kolins, here! I'm very excited about this book and very glad that you seem to be as well. Hope you can wait until April, I know it's not going to be easy, but hopefully the time will fly by. And hopefully Marvel will release other bits and pieces along the way! I imagine they will.

Maaaaybe also in the meantime, I can do a sketch or two of whatever Alpha character you'd like to see me try? Maybe we should vote on who the first sketch will be? (and then I need somebody's help posting it.)

Happy Holidays!

Scottk.

Welcome to the board Scott, glad to have you. I really enjoy your artwork and hope you make a long haul out of Omega Flight (like a certain Scarlet Speedster :wink: ). It was your entire run on that series that made me love your work, great job.

MM :D

varo
12-03-2006, 12:36 PM
i am beyond stoked for this series, and not only because i am a long time alpha fan. the enthusiasm mike and scott is showing for this series can only lead to good things.

i think a lightbulb just went off in my head, and i think the team from na #16 are truly dead...................for now, excpet for sasquatch. mike has said many times he is tring to avoid loose ends, and start fresh.

i think talisman will find inspiration from the death of her father, and someone, either govt. annoited or self appointed will be carrying the mantle of guardian, but i severely doubt it's someone (like groundhog or someone for alpha's obscure past) will be in the suit. plus sasquatch.....awesome. him and beta ray bill on the same team :shock:

as far as my favorite old character i would like to see, i always thought windshear had potential, but my favorite to look at was box, the roger bochs version, red was a better color for him i thought.

i had a quick question for scott, did you use byrnes run, or any specific run on alpha as a template on the characters? that sasuatch is the best i've seen since byrne.

-K-M-
12-03-2006, 01:07 PM
as far as my favorite old character i would like to see, i always thought windshear had potential

Definetly, he was a great character, great power-set, and very underated. To bad he is retired and of course depowered since House of M

PWalk
12-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Fantastic to see Walt in the book. It's just not a Flight book without him or Sasquatch in some form.

Scott Kolins
12-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Thank you all for your kind welcomes!

And Yes, Varo, I have all of Byrne's Alpha's next to me and my drawing board. I even had an old Byrne interview where they showed the 1978 Sasquatch sketch/design he did for their 1st appearence in X-men. Byrne's run is very much my "handbook" on old Alpha Flight. Honestly, as much as I LOVE these characters I only know some of what's happened since AF#28.

Now, I did not copy Byrne's Sasquatch nor intend on copying anything of Byrne's Alphas - and while I whole-heartily agree that Omega needs as fresh a start as possible - I do think a return to at least some of Byrne's sensibilities when handling old Alphans (either visually or in script or both) might be a worthwhile balance to the newness of Omega characters. It would be like drawing the FF and not being influenced by Kirby.

So, after all that bluster and ramble, thank you for digging my Sasquatch - he's an INCREDIBLY fun character to draw.

Happy holidays,

scottk.

varo
12-04-2006, 09:25 AM
thanks Scott. I'm sure i speak for everyone in saying we are extremely excited to have you around both the boards and on omega!

syvalois
12-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I must admit, I had no clue who the creatif team in Omega Flight were. Now, after reading about them and seeing what they had to say, I must say, I feel more and more like buying the book. I did not even did it for vol.3 as I did not cared for the characters and what the writer did before.

I like the change, but I also like to keep in touch with what Byrne did. Now what been done, but not goes all classic and just copy the old book, that's why I lost interest in FF. I got tired of Sue getting strong and weak over and over again. Same with Johnny going from kid to responsible adult. It's been done too many times. Maybe that's why I like the concept of Omega Flight ?

I hope it's not too hard to get those canadian references and I know that that Ontario license Plate we say in the image will make many canucks happy ;)

SephirothsKiller
12-05-2006, 09:41 PM

Ben

I could easily see Mac with all of his cyborgness pull off a resurrection ala Major Kusanagi from Ghost In the Shell. (Damn I love that series...)

-K-M-
12-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Or what happened to Mac in Earth X. If he can survive that, he can survive anything.

Guardian
12-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Great stuff. And great art Mr. Kolins! Welcome to the boards. I'm really likin' your style. I can't wait for the series to come out.

I would be sad to not have Mac in the Guardian suit. And I would be really sad if he had died (again). But I can't wait for this book. Just to have U.S.Agent and Arachne in a permanent/major book again is excellent. I would pick the title up just for them. Man I'm giddy with excitement.

-K-M-
12-05-2006, 10:37 PM
In the past US Agent even fought and defeated Arachne, and both of them are on the opposite sides of the Civil War. Should be good tension

Guardian
12-05-2006, 10:56 PM
In the past US Agent even fought and defeated Arachne in the past, and both of them are on the opposite sides of the Civil War. Should be good tension

Very true. I think the same thing. They've also been teammates before too.

But yeah, Walker is a great and determined fighter. Even though he's a pompous and overbearing jerk, I think Oeming will do John justice. John's always had his heart in the right place.

reaperbot
12-06-2006, 12:04 AM
In the past US Agent even fought and defeated Arachne, and both of them are on the opposite sides of the Civil War. Should be good tension

Seems to me Sasquatch and US Agent didn't see eye to eye the first - and so far as I know - only time they met either.

maniac mike
12-11-2006, 01:57 AM
I just had an interesting thought, since Sasquatch is alive and well, don't you think he would be on the Omega Flight teaser image? Maybe he is, because there is ALOT of something below Talisman, Arachne, Guardian, U.S. Agent and Beta Ray Bill. Just something to think about. :-k

MM {sas}

reaperbot
12-11-2006, 04:23 PM
He's big.... but I don't think he's quite that big. What is his official height? Anyone know?

DelBubs
12-11-2006, 05:51 PM
The official height for Sas as far as I know is 10 foot and he weighs in at one ton. However those are from what I can remember from the OHTTMUDE and it could all have been changed by now. :?

reaperbot
12-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Ok. Thanks for responding. The cover for Hulk 272 gives a good idea of his size (it's also where I first encountered Alpha Flight).