PDA

View Full Version : Check out this goodie...

maniac mike
01-12-2007, 11:01 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays30.html

Go half way down, you won't be disappointed...

MM

Transmetropolitan
01-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Pretty... colors...

-K-M-
01-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Stunning, love Mr.Kolins new style.

SephirothsKiller
01-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Wow!! That is some nice art!!! Props to Kollins and also whoever did the colouring for that!! Now that we have the coloured version the page has just come to life!!

Canucklehead
01-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Wowsers! (yes, I learned English from Inspector Gadget. What? You wanna fight about it? :wink: )

With the talent of Oeming and Kolins, I assumed Marvel would cheap out on the colouring... but I was mistaken. Damn that's nice. A Flight comic has never looked this good. I didn't think I could be more psyched then I already was... but I was mistaken again.

Any new hints on the major shake-up in issue 2? Part of me is hoping the X-Men editor decided not to continue with whatever plans he had with the twins and they suddenly became available... But that would be wishful thinking. 8)

Snowsquatch
01-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Those are very familiar apartments. (Quick scan thru the AF collection...)

Take a look at AF#12. That's Walter's apartment building. :P

-K-M-
01-13-2007, 01:30 AM
I always figured it was walter from the get-go, due to the glasses on the table and he is obviously distraught about something.

-K-M-
01-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Great eye Snowsquatch

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/AlphaFlight12-10.jpg

Mokole
01-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Yup, great looking art. Thanks to Scratchy for asking the Question!

Time for bed.

Ben
01-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Indeed, this just backs up what Mike said in our interview, constant Homage to classic AF.

Ben

Ottawa Renegade
01-13-2007, 11:02 AM

I'm glad you checked. I wanted to but my flight stuff is packed away.

This gives me even more confidence that this book will be quality. The previous flight writer botched recapping part of a character's origin. The current team is getting someone's APARTMENT right! That's an attention to detail that I appreciate.

Ottawa Renegade
01-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I always figured it was walter from the get-go, due to the glasses on the table and he is obviously distraught about something.

Thankfully, it's not about being dead.

Ben
01-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Anyone notice that Walt is also drinking Seagrams Gin, which is a classic central Canadian distillery.

Ben

Mokole
01-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Yah, I noticed his Canadian drink, though I would've been happier with Canada Dry :wink:

I showed my wife the pic and she thought it was awesome, the Wrecking Crew look human and tough and just great!

Looks great! Seems this Omega Flight will be more AF than the last two, eh? :shock:

Transmetropolitan
01-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Well, Oeming keeps dropping lines about how much he loves the mythological aspects...

And even the Wrecking Crew fit the mystical theme, if you look at where their powers came from.

So I'm seeing less government conspiracy, less making 'em into jokes, more "Whomp a supernatural entity."

Which is good, for me.

HappyCanuck
01-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Anyone notice that Walt is also drinking Seagrams Gin, which is a classic central Canadian distillery.

Ben

Hm, I'd've put Walt more of a Big Rock Brewery (out of Calgary) type of person... Big Rock's Traditional Ale is always yummy on a dark and stormy night...

Guardian
01-13-2007, 08:27 PM
I saw that last night on Newsaram and it looks pretty darn good. His art isn't my favorite, but it still is magnificent.

Le Messor
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM

That's what I was going to say!

I mean, I didn't check the issue, but I recognised Walt's building.

Now I look like I'm just riding your coattails and didn't figure it out for myself at all. Sulk Hmash!

- Le Messor
Top Tips: An empty aluminium cigar tube filled with angry wasps makes an inexpensive vibrator.