PDA

View Full Version : Omega Flight #1 solicit: Downgraded to 5-issue mini

Somebody
01-14-2007, 12:21 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Aprl07/solicitations.html

OMEGA FLIGHT #1 (of 5)
Written by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
Pencils and Cover by SCOTT KOLINS
From the pages of CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE comes Canada's newest super hero team! But this is not your father's FLIGHT. Bold and daring, OMEGA FLIGHT is the best 5-issue series you'll EVER read.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Cover:
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6132/omega001ev3.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6132/omega001ev3.jpg)

Ben
01-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Wow, amazing cover....but 5 issues????

Ben

DelBubs
01-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Someone has asked the same question at Jinxworld. Hopefully Mike can give an answer. If it is only five issues then I think I'm going to be royally pissed off given all the hype.

Ben
01-14-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm gonna be pissed too, I'm thinking this was the big change Scott mentioned to me. Maybe they decided to have this series as a lead into Alpha Flight vol. 4...

Ben

-K-M-
01-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Oeming stated the first ark is 5 issues

"The first story arc is at least five issues, with the possibility of expanding to six, then a self contained issue will be released to help people get on board who may have missed out from issue #1. The second arc is another 5-6 issues and will heavily involve the past/classic characters and lots of Metaphysical stuff. "

Ben
01-14-2007, 01:01 PM
I have a theory, I'm gonna see what I can find out...if anything

Ben

Tiberius Bane
01-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Oeming stated the first ark is 5 issues

"The first story arc is at least five issues, with the possibility of expanding to six, then a self contained issue will be released to help people get on board who may have missed out from issue #1. The second arc is another 5-6 issues and will heavily involve the past/classic characters and lots of Metaphysical stuff. "

I recall that as well, but thats not what the solicitation is now saying. It specifically says its 5 issues....thats it.

-K-M-
01-14-2007, 01:06 PM
If this is 5 issues, this has been a brutal week for me.

mreeez
01-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Maybe the first 5 will size up interest and if sales are good then they will continue but if it is only 5 then that's hardly a trade off for killing off AF (could ya tell I am still bitter, heh)

DelBubs
01-14-2007, 01:23 PM
We've been getting these little whispers from last January from Mark Millar no less. Then we have the death of AF and Quesada giving it all the "it won't be AF, but AF fans will love it" ****. Finally the big announcement in September and what for? Five sodding issues and then what? Why not just say there'll be a five issue limited coming up soon. Once again plenty promised, and not much given. Expectations built up, acceptance of the death of our faves, because we thought we were gonna get something substantial and then this.

What a crock :evil: :evil:

Banshee
01-14-2007, 01:45 PM
I AM OFFICIALLY MEGA P*SSE* OFF WITH MARVEL!! ALL TALK AND NO ACTION!!

THIS IS JUST TERRIBLE. GREAT COVER. GREAT WRITER. GREAT ARTIST. 5 ISSUES??

LET ME SEE: LET'S HAVE 100 X-BOOKS WITH WOLVERINE IN THEM, SHOVE HIM IN AVENGERS, MAKE THE THUNDERBOLTS HAVE FAN FAVE VILLAINS IN THEM AND IGNORE THE BEST TEAM MARVEL EVER HAD!!

THAT'S IT!! THIS IS WORSE THAN THE 'DISAPPERANCE OF BABY MAY PARKER' OR 'LYJA' WAY BACK WHEN. I AM SERIOUSLY STICKING TO DC COMICS IF THIS IS THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING WITH MARVEL!

WHY GIVE AN UNTESTED TEAM LIKE HEROES FOR HIRE AN ONGOING SERIES AND OMEGA FIVE ISSUES??ARE MARVEL CRAZY?? OEMING AND KOLLINS GIVEN 5ISSUES???!!!!!

I'LL BUY IT DEFINETELY, BUT REALLY, IT'S TIME TO REVIEW MY COLLECTION AFTER THIS. WHAT A CROCK OF S*I*!!

I AM ALSO CHANGING MY AVATAR TO SIDESHOW 'CARNIE' BANSHEE FROM EARLY X-MEN RUNS, AS I THINK MARVEL IS A BLOODY CIRCUS!! THEY'LL KILL MJ NEXT!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY HAVE ALREADY????? :x

Obsidian3d
01-14-2007, 02:03 PM
More than likely they'll run this as a five-issue Volume 1. If it does well they'll probably restart the numbering and call it Volume 2 as an ongoing series.

syvalois
01-14-2007, 02:08 PM
can it be a serie made of mini-series? Maybe not. It's mostly likely to see if this will work. Maybe it's why Oeming is saying it's important the sells must be as high as possible, so the ongoing serie can go on.

-K-M-
01-14-2007, 02:49 PM
It's offical Omega Flight is only a mini, Oeming sent me a private message at his board

King Mungi: Sorry for asking as I know your busy, but Omega Flight is just going to be 5 issues now as per the solicts? I really hope not.
Oeming: Yea man, Im very dissapointed. Its out of my hands.
I'll have some official announcement on monday about it.
Sorry.

SephirothsKiller
01-14-2007, 02:52 PM
The cover has a really nice composition but the face of Arachne is a bit odd...

I noticed that the solicitation for Ms. M had Arachne facing off with her though. Timeline issue?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: That's all i'll say on the five issues matter. Looks like AF won't be getting aother run after all.

Obsidian3d
01-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Oeming: Yea man, Im very dissapointed. Its out of my hands.

Lame lame LAME Marvel. Thanks for not even giving us a fighting chance. AGAIN!

-K-M-
01-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Oeming's going to make an annoucement on monday, but what the hell? why the hype and then nothing?

Ben
01-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Oeming's going to make an annoucement on monday, but what the hell? why the hype and then nothing?

All will become more clear on Monday. BTW keep your eyes at home for the word from Oeming.

Ben

-K-M-
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Uhhhh...why does Heroes for Hire get an on-going and not Omega Flight? What angers me if this does sell well and they want to make an on-going it will be another 6 months before we get anything.

SephirothsKiller
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
This is as bad as the time when that super team -what was their name?- was killed off unfairly in an off panel battle.

Its almost like Marvel enjoys alienating the same section of their fanbase again and again. Its like repeatedly kicking a bunny with tied up legs!!

Phil
01-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Let's listen to Ben here...

Le Messor
01-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I have a theory, I'm gonna see what I can find out...if anything
Ben

I have a theory... It could be bunnies. Or maybe midgets.

So, just yesterday, I noticed I had, in my new standing order pile, 1 of 5, 2 of 5, 3 of 5, and 4 of 5... And they were three different series. What is it with Marvel nowdays and 5 issue minis? Why five?

Ben is wise, Ben knows. He's calm. Perhaps the rest of us should be?

Or perhaps we should panic. That can be fun, too. :shock:{northstar}
(That's me going into shock and running away at Northstar speed.)

- Le Messor
"There's nothing we can't face...
except for bunnies."
- The Musical Cast of Buffy

Mokole
01-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Well that sucks.

N, making it a 5 issue LIMITED won't increase sales. We're not talking about the limited edition production of only 5 2007 Mustangs. It's more like, "We have a great school, we have outstanding success, 65% of our students go to University, send your children here," then the School Board says, "The school closes in June." Think parents will send their kids to the school, or pull them out before it closes??

I guess they didn't want us to forget the stench of NA #16 so this is how they treat their customers. :x

Mr.'s Kolins and Oeming put all this work into it then get told, "BTW, we don't have room for Omega Flight suddenly, we're creating X:Men-Genosha revisited, with Chuck Austen writing."

I DON'T BUY MARVEL. Last marvel comic I bought was Lobdell's AF. Since I've only boughten DC, mostly as gifts, not Marvel crap!! :evil:

Marvel wants to lose 30000 clients??? Heroes for Hire gets play, not Flight???

My pessimistic thought: the change they had to make was to introduce Mac Hudson as Guardian in issue #2, so that in issue #5 he and Talisman could go hard after Iron Man, Director of SHIELD, for his complicity in the murders of Alpha Flight. USAgent alerts the Thunderbolts, who send in Aurora, Box and Northstar. In a tremendous explosion all 5 are killed. Sasquatch joins the Thunderbolts as the new Venom for 2 issues then he's killed by Punisher. :evil: :x

But if Ben says stay calm I'll not go around flaming Marvel. I hope Mr. Oeming has good news for all of us. Hopefully. :shock: :cry: :roll: :?

So much bad news about Flight, then some good, now back to bad. :evil:

Guardian
01-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I'll try and stay calm but............... (enter expletive here!)

I spend alot of money for Marvel books, this may cause me to spend alot less. :evil:

Crappy day of snow, crappy news!

Mokole
01-14-2007, 06:11 PM

All will become more clear on Monday. BTW keep your eyes at home for the word from Oeming.

Ben

If it's just an explanation as to why he got shafted, count me out. I really need positive news. I'm not kidding, too many family deaths, sick child, sick wife, job closures, I could use good news. :cry:

Ottawa Renegade
01-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I'll buy it, of course, but I'm disappointed too. i was going to make this "my" team.

If it's to guage interest, I don't think it's reliable. How many people would pull the old "I'll wait for the trade" line when they know it's only five issues anyway? Especially for a team that has such a checkered history.

Ah well. Man, between Alpha and Ottawa football, I seem to dig getting kicked around. I need to find more fan-friendly hobbies. Maybe I'll watch more wrestling. At least that stuff's pre-determined.

Ben
01-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I have a theory... It could be bunnies. Or maybe midgets.

So, just yesterday, I noticed I had, in my new standing order pile, 1 of 5, 2 of 5, 3 of 5, and 4 of 5... And they were three different series. What is it with Marvel nowdays and 5 issue minis? Why five?

I like the midgets theory. The reason everything in the marvel U is broken into 5, both minis and arcs is for the sake of the all-mighty TPB. But as for staying calm, panicking won't do any good. Regardless of the situation, more will be spelled out tomorrow.

Ben

Mokole
01-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Yes, Oeming will be 10% possibly positive, 90% possibly negative, 0% neutral. I can't see, with his recent comment, how we can be positive that any more than 5 Flight comics will be sold. Kind of like Ford announcing the 2007 newly-designed Mustang, then at the Detroit motor show they announce that only 20 will be produced. Imagine the vitriol then. :x

Effexxor
01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh good god.

Oh no.

This... can't be happening

This was going to be the comic that made me respect Marvel again. Yes, they killed off Icarus and yes House of M was absolutely ridiculous and yes, there is entirely too much hype on Wolver and X 23 and I'm well and truly sick of them and THEY DESTROYED ALPHA FLIGHT WITHOUT EVEN GIVING THEM THE HONOR OF SHOWING THEM PUTTING UP A FIGHT but this was going to be proof that they aren't all evil. I mean... awesome art. Awesome writer. A creative team who are FANS and who RESPECT Alpha Flight and...

we get a mini series?

I'm trying to be calm here.

But dude. This blows. That's it, I'm writing an angry letter, and if Ben doesn't have some good news, I'll send it. My poor little mind can't take this anymore. It's like they've dangled a dog biscuit in front of our nose and then ripped in away and smacked us for being interested.

Effexxor
01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Also... Am I the only one who thinks that Talisman looks like has abnormally large pecs instead of boobs? I'm not sure why, but they look incredibly... muscley for being boobs.

On the other hand, I was on scans_daily, a fantastic lj community, and someone posted this cover. A person who obvious didn't know about Alpha Flight said, and I'm quoting this, 'As for Omega Flight, hmmm. If that half-naked shamany person is a woman, that costume is disgusting. But if it's a man, it's gusty and awesome in a campy way.'

For some reason, I love that quote. Thank God for fangirls.

PWalk
01-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Wow, there goes that idea. Sasquatch beter be in there somewhere.

Snowsquatch
01-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah, Talisman looks kinda masculine. Oh well, it's an interesting costume redesign. EDIT: oh YES! She's got Shaman's medicine pouch! Awesome.

I'm not worried about the 5 issue thing. If this sells, Marvel will keep making them. They're not gonna leave money on the table. Get your friends to buy it.

Guardian's aura looks pretty "fire-y." Makes me think of Northstar and Aurora's new powers. :wink:

Corvus
01-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Urrrrrk. Disheartening news about this being a measly five issue mini series. That seriously blows, and I have to wonder why they bothered to promote it so much if this was what they were going to do.

And Talisman looks like some kind of East German "female" athlete. You know what I'm saying here. :wink:

Mystic
01-14-2007, 10:20 PM
I have to say, while trying to be calm and collected during all of this, I am quite disappointed in Marvel. The last AF was so atrocious, I have yet to (and probably never will) finish my collection of it. With the line up of OF, it looked like it was -finally- in the right hands. Reading interviews where he talks about it, it appeared that he actually cared. Mr Oeming wasn't blowing smoke up our behinds like the last writer.

Yes, this series is getting the shaft while others are getting greenlit (ie. Heroes for Hire, Wolverine: Origins (who needs -another- Wolvie title), Punisher War Journal, etc.) I know I've said it before, but Marvel might actually push me away for good this time. They've dangled the carrot one too many times.

I'm still going to get this book...heck, I've even told my shop I want two copies of each issue (so one can be sent to poor deprived HappyCanuck). But this is honestly ridiculous.

Anyhoo, here's hoping for a silver lining...

-Mystic

Le Messor
01-14-2007, 10:21 PM
But as for staying calm, panicking won't do any good. Regardless of the situation, more will be spelled out tomorrow.

Might not do any good, but it's fun!

Ooh, you can tell me. I'm in Australia.
It is tomorrow!

- Le Messor
"I'm going to be a day ahead!"
"Okay, but don't tell us what happens. I don't wanna spoil the surprise."
- Chandler, Friends

-K-M-
01-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I just hope they don't appear in another series as they will job to the main characters of the book and then no one will take them serious.

syvalois
01-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Also... Am I the only one who thinks that Talisman looks like has abnormally large pecs instead of boobs? I'm not sure why, but they look incredibly... muscley for being boobs.

I just thought it was not really a good outfit for doing some superhero job. I'm sure a boob will get out of there. I never had the impression Elizabeth was a Jennifer Lopez fan. :twisted:

Ottawa Renegade
01-15-2007, 12:26 AM
The cover has a really nice composition but the face of Arachne is a bit odd...

Hasn't been mentioned, but it looks like she's involved in Ms Marvel's issue that month too...

I had been planning on getting all the build up but now i'm not so sure. If there's a goo dchance that this team will only live in the backgroun, I don't know how badly I want to get their entire background. As of this announcement, it almost feels like a guest appearance.

marvel is so dumb. If they'd announce this as a 5-parter fromt he beginning, we'd still be speculating and hoping tha tthe buzz is good enough to extend it. instead, by giving every indication that this was an ongoing series then reducing it, they make us feel like something was taken away from us. That's a great way of doing business there, Q.

Ottawa Renegade
01-15-2007, 12:37 AM
can it be a serie made of mini-series? Maybe not.

It happens. Protectors from Malibu was meant to go 5 or 6 issues but made its way into the late teens/early 20's. I'd thnk that Marvel would be more likely to to wait a few months and launch it again though.

Oeming can't catch a break. Wasn't there talk of another series he thought he was going to write then someone esle got he gig? Now this? Don't know if it's just part of the business, but after a point I'd be awful tempted of extending my middle finger to Marvel and walking in the other direction. But probably it's just not that easy.

-K-M-
01-15-2007, 12:42 AM
I do feel bad for Oeming and Kolins, their great guys. However, I'm pissed at the executives at Marvel but it's nice to see on various other boards such as newsarama are not to pleased with the switch

Radiostorm
01-15-2007, 01:48 AM
A pre-emptive cancellation? Even given Alpha Flight's track record that seems awfully harsh. Bummer.

Guardian
01-15-2007, 02:35 AM
marvel is so dumb. If they'd announce this as a 5-parter fromt he beginning, we'd still be speculating and hoping tha tthe buzz is good enough to extend it. instead, by giving every indication that this was an ongoing series then reducing it, they make us feel like something was taken away from us. That's a great way of doing business there, Q.

EXACTLY! I feel the same way. I'm sorry for Oeming and Kollins as well. Hopefully they're be a silver lining.

Le Messor
01-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Hey, what if the reason for all these 5-issue minis is because Joe Q only has one hand, and can't count to anything else?

Adam
01-15-2007, 12:06 PM
We'll see what Oeming says about this, but I have a feeling we're going to start seeing more minis-as-events rather than ongoings from Marvel.

Sort of like what they're doing to Nextwave now, it isn't a regular series anymore but will return as a series of minis. Maybe for lower-selling series it's just more profitable to market them that way.

In that case, if this is the first in a periodic series of Omega Flight minis to be released based on interest and creative team availability... well that would be better than nothing.

Effexxor
01-15-2007, 02:25 PM

I just thought it was not really a good outfit for doing some superhero job. I'm sure a boob will get out of there. I never had the impression Elizabeth was a Jennifer Lopez fan. :twisted:

I think ya mean Janet Jackson. J Lo just has a great butt, but Janet's the one with the wardrobe mafunction.

But yeah, I can't quite picture her... working in that. Can you imagine what you happen if she kicked someone in that thing? The comic's rating would go from PG to MA!

cmdrkoenig67
01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Ben, Del...I'm not going to say anything negative about OM...Honest!

I empathize with all of you...This sucks and it's really $h!tty. I was half-hoping that OM (even though I've been against the idea of it) would do well and pave the way for Alpha to return (hopefully, it still can)...But this seems like another attempt to sabotage a Flight book by Marvel, even before it comes out. Joke Quesada really knows how to kill a series/character franchise.

Marvel seems to be going out of it's way to piss off older readers, confuse new ones and irritate and alienate fans of various teams/characters (Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver/Alpha Flight and anything-anyone AF-related/New Warriors/Avengers)....Not to mention having many of their heroes act totally out of character during their Civil War debacle. This is one of the biggest reasons why the Handbooks are the only Marvel books I usually buy....Sigh.

Dana

RatCat
01-15-2007, 04:01 PM
What if Omega Flight has been changed to 5 issues is because at the end of issue 5 they once again become Alpha Flight?

I know it’s a long shot, but a guy can dream.

cmdrkoenig67
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
That would be great. It's a nice dream, even nicer if it becomes reality.

Dana :)

DelBubs
01-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Ben, Del...I'm not going to say anything negative about OM...Honest!

I empathize with all of you...This sucks and it's really $h!tty. I was half-hoping that OM (even though I've been against the idea of it) would do well and pave the way for Alpha to return (hopefully, it still can)...But this seems like another attempt to sabotage a Flight book by Marvel, even before it comes out. Joke Quesada really knows how to kill a series/character franchise.

Marvel seems to be going out of it's way to piss off older readers, confuse new ones and irritate and alienate fans of various teams/characters (Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver/Alpha Flight and anything-anyone AF-related/New Warriors/Avengers)....Not to mention having many of their heroes act totally out of character during their Civil War debacle. This is one of the biggest reasons why the Handbooks are the only Marvel books I usually buy....Sigh.

Dana
Dana, I know we haven't seen eye to eye on a lot of stuff regarding OF, but I just wanted to say thanks for what your wrote above and if anything good can come out of this, it will be an AF series built from what OF gives us. Thanks again.

Alpha Fan
01-15-2007, 04:37 PM
This is very bad news!!! I can't believe Marvel turns a series with so much hype into a simple mini-series of 5 issues. I was feeling very excited and when Oeming mentioned the second story arc would involve former AF characters I became more excited thinking that AF could finally achieve the respect they deserve but Marvel is too stupid to differ good things from ------- things. I feel like when they cancelled F V2 (which I think was the best era after Byrne). I just hope we are given an explanation about this. I feel cheated by Marvel as a fan.

syvalois
01-15-2007, 04:37 PM
I think ya mean Janet Jackson. J Lo just has a great butt, but Janet's the one with the wardrobe mafunction.

Sorry, I did not expressed myself very clearly. I was refering to that dress:

http://www.duckdrivers.centerall.com/gallery/18640_jennifer_lopez_green_1.jpg

I think She was the first or one of the fisrt women to wear something so ...open, like under the belly button (like Talisman on that cover).

And then, I thought it would not be practical on fighting and would probably show.

I see how you end up think of Janet Jackson, but lets face it, we never saw Janet full..hum...bumper(?) There was a little thing glue to her nipple, So, unless Elisabeth got a diamond on her nipple, we can't say it's like Janet :P (I just think, I scared half the men on that list and the other half reading are... well...:twisted: )

But yeah, I can't quite picture her... working in that. Can you imagine what you happen if she kicked someone in that thing? The comic's rating would go from PG to MA!

Lol, totally. What MA stand for. I understand it's for mature, but mature what?

-K-M-
01-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Anyword on when Oeming's annoucement is taking place? It's today

Canucklehead
01-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Anyword on when Oeming's annoucement is taking place? It's today

Nothing yet :(

dgrjr2000
01-15-2007, 06:06 PM
WHY GIVE AN UNTESTED TEAM LIKE HEROES FOR HIRE AN ONGOING SERIES AND OMEGA FIVE ISSUES??ARE MARVEL CRAZY?? OEMING AND KOLLINS GIVEN 5ISSUES???!!!!!

Heroes for Hire was tested as a Daughter of the Dragon Mini, It sold well, and is now an ongoing.

Madrox was a mini that sold well and became X-Factor vol3.

Omega is a now a mini....I wonder how we could get it ongoing?

Works in reverse as well
Alpha vol3 Bombed.....Team Killed
New Warriors "Reality Check" Bombed.....Team Killed
The Thing Bombed......Currently in France

Mokole
01-15-2007, 06:07 PM
If we're lucky, our VERY loud condemnation of the policy change may be forcing a very quick rethink along the lines of "wake up and smell the coffee". Could we finally be getting respected? :roll:

DelBubs
01-15-2007, 06:11 PM
If we're lucky, our VERY loud condemnation of the policy change may be forcing a very quick rethink along the lines of "wake up and smell the coffee". Could we finally be getting respected? :roll:

Yea! That's what it is 'R.E.S.P.E.C.T.' .

Oh look Mummy

http://blogs.zdnet.com/images/flying%20pig.gif

Mokole
01-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Heroes for Hire was tested as a Daughter of the Dragon Mini, It sold well, and is now an ongoing.

Works in reverse as well

Both AF v3 and New Warriors were jokefests aimed at a very limited audience.

But New Warriors gets a revival too, want to bet it's not downgraded to a mini in 3 months?

The last two Punisher series sold poorly, now we get Punisher War Journal again.

Several X-men series bombed lately, but we get another Wolverine series and X-23 again, as if that gets more than X fanboys going. Too bad there still are so many people willing to buy anything wolverinish just because :roll:

Effexxor
01-15-2007, 06:41 PM

MA would be the rating of the Grammies if JLo's dress has flown open. That kinda 'mature'.

Mokole
01-15-2007, 06:54 PM

Yea! That's what it is 'R.E.S.P.E.C.T.' .

Oh look Mummy

http://blogs.zdnet.com/images/flying%20pig.gif

Ah, but genetic engineering is making so many strides these days, even the Tin Man got a heart. :wink:

syvalois
01-15-2007, 07:34 PM

MA would be the rating of the Grammies if JLo's dress has flown open. That kinda 'mature'.

????????????

Ottawa Renegade
01-15-2007, 07:39 PM
If you were asking literally, it's mature "audiences".

varo
01-15-2007, 08:06 PM
i am so beyond pissed about this that i probally should stop typing.

first a off-panel death, then a promised ongoing with a awesome creative team is knocked back to a mini.

i really wonder who made this decision.

as much as i am looking forward to hearing from mike, i know there will be no silver lining, so now we get a 5 issue mini, then a swift boot back to limbo.

PWalk
01-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey you know what.... 5 books are better than none.

I'm back on board, bring on Omega.

syvalois
01-15-2007, 08:26 PM
If you were asking literally, it's mature "audiences".

thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Boy, I don't know how to express myself. :cry:

varo
01-15-2007, 08:43 PM
you know what scares me about the timing of this. either mike has another project he is jumping on, and they don't want to change creative teams this early, so make it a mini.........

or......

they recieved issue 1, didn't like it, then knocked it down to a mini.

-K-M-
01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
If Oeming and Kolins jump on another series I will be annoyed.

Ahab
01-15-2007, 09:22 PM
If Oeming and Kolins jump on another series I will be annoyed.

If Oeming and Kolins jump on another series, it would be so that they could make a living. They have to play the cards that have been dealt by the company that they work for.

varo
01-15-2007, 09:24 PM
neither are under exclusive marvel contracts.

-K-M-
01-15-2007, 09:29 PM
No I wouldn't be made at them, but the executives for "giving" them their new jobs as they have the final say.

Ottawa Renegade
01-15-2007, 09:31 PM
neither are under exclusive marvel contracts.

Excellent. Let's get DC to hire them to create a Canadian superhero team.

Effexxor
01-15-2007, 09:31 PM
It's okay Syvalois. It's a good thing I'm not on a french board, because then my dialogue would be like 'Hello. Good bye. I can't understand a word that you're saying.'

So you're far ahead of me in that, no worries.

Ben, where are you? I wanna know what's going on...

Mokole
01-15-2007, 11:41 PM
I doubt anything is clear to Mr. Oeming yet. I doubt they have offered him and Mr. Kolins another title already. They asked to do Alpha Flight, they asked to do Omega Flight, they got what they wanted and then Quesada pulled the rug out from under them for no good reason. Sorry, but there is no good reason for the shortcutting. Neither Oeming nor Kolins is dying or sick, neither has asked to kill the book. Quesada made the obtuse call, he has to explain himself and try and pass off that it's either:
a) a trial run, if it sells well it will become an ongoing again, he got cold feet (A crock, but a crock he uses often)
b) a decision made to see interest but no plans for an ongoing, he never said it was an ongoing, he never 'lied'
c) a late decision due to some stupid-butt lie about some stupid-butt idea.

Bendis said great things, Millar said great things, Quesada said we'd be thrilled, Brevoort said it was ongoing, Schmidt said it would be great, Oeming and Kolins were pumped. Quesada lied.

People will say that "Well, they have to test the waters". BS. Like with Trash Excalibur, or Runaways (which sold terribly but was kept on the schedule for months by Quesada), or She-Hulk which sold as poorly as Lobdell Flight. He doesn't like Alpha Flight and never has. Maybe he's not alone at Marvel about that (but who beyond Brevoort would be on his side? Not Cebulski, Alonso, or Schmidt, Bendis, Millar,....who?).

Screw all the lame-butt excuses. They lied to us and lied to us I have no reason to believe they won't lie again. Quesada will simply say it's economics and pass the buck, no truthful explanation that he hates AF and doesn't want it to sell well.

It was Quesada who told J. Torres to take a flying leap after AF had been greenlit. It was Quesada who hired Lobdell and told him to turn AF into Tellytubbies. He greenlit the death of AF, off-panel. He knew what he was doing. He tried to deflect critism by saying "hey, don't fear, great things are in the works". Then Bendis and Millar convinced him to go with Omega Flight, and Quesada waited until he felt that he could get away with the pre-emptive cancelling.

Oeming and Kolins and Schmidt are trying to work out an ongoing, maybe Bendis and Millar are on their side. Whoever can, post at their boards and see what they say, do they enjoy being made fools of?

Will I buy Omega Flight? Probably, but I'd like assuarnces of it turning ongoing again, really fast, like Quesada said it was. If Quesada says, "Oh, hum and haw, it's a mini and deal with it, I need space for another She-Hulk title" then I will return to hating Marvel again. Publicly.

I've told Quesada: I won't buy Marvel anymore. I buy DC because they don't lie. I would buy Omega Flight, the ongoing, but you cancelled it already. My kids don't buy Marvel. I don't use Marvel characters in class but DC characters as teaching points. Because I like good comics, I like Alpha Flight, I was pumped for Omega Flight, and you screwed us. Your company doesn't want my money, my kids' money, my students' money. That's alot of money. Sucks to be you.

See what news we get. 5 issues and then back to bastardization?

-K-M-
01-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Incredible post Mokole, really I mean that

Also with all the BS going on at Marvel, I predominetly have switched to DC. My Marvel pull-list is small in margain compared to what i get from DC

Once again great post Mokole.

SephirothsKiller
01-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Great post Mokole, I've been considering it for a while now, and now if an Omega Flight ongoing doesn't get approved after the mini I may just slash my Marvel buying alot, leaving me probably only with X-Factor (until David leaves,) the Ennis GR mini, and maybe Runaways assuming Whedon delivers and manages to keep a tighter schedule than he does on Astonishing.

besides, this is supposedly the year of spiderman, and I can honestly say that I care about spiderman not at all, so it clearly won't be the year of me buying marvel.

(I do have to wonder about how Joe Q makes his decisions about comics though... Did anybody really ask for an Xmen/Power pack mini? Was that testing the waters?) And I'm tired of JoeyQ making excuses about his duplicity, when he always says "I'm sorry you feel that way," and then proceeds to deny or blame someone else. Nobody is going to trust marvel anymore, it started with their false covers. (Putting people on covers that don't show up and suggesting they will.) Then moving to false solicitations (saying people will show up in an issue but don't.) Then moving to false advertising, (saying an ongoing comic will show up in stores when it won't.)

But what really burns me about Marvel is the fact that this went down AFTER Choosing Sides. The only reason I bought that book was because of its relavence to Omega Flight. If it had been decided that OF was a mini I wouldn't have bought it and I don't think alot of others would have either.

cmdrkoenig67
01-16-2007, 01:13 AM

Isn't Daughters of the Dragon a whole different premise than HFH? I mean as far as the DOTD being a duo and HFH being a team of five(or so).

Ditto for Madrox...Jamie being a single hero, while X-Factor is a team book.

[Omega is a now a mini....I wonder how we could get it ongoing?

Works in reverse as well

Uh...Except...They killed the wrong team!

[New Warriors "Reality Check" Bombed.....Team Killed

Gah....Why didn't they kill Ben Grimm?!

Dana :wink:

cmdrkoenig67
01-16-2007, 01:21 AM

Works in reverse as well

Both AF v3 and New Warriors were jokefests aimed at a very limited audience.

But New Warriors gets a revival too, want to bet it's not downgraded to a mini in 3 months?

The last two Punisher series sold poorly, now we get Punisher War Journal again.

Several X-men series bombed lately, but we get another Wolverine series and X-23 again, as if that gets more than X fanboys going. Too bad there still are so many people willing to buy anything wolverinish just because :roll:

Another reason why they should get a great creative team together and launch a new AF series featuring Wolverine (just to kick it off)...Maybe make X-23 a member? I'm mostly joking, but hey...It might work...Maybe?

Dana

Dynasty
01-16-2007, 04:58 AM
It's now tuesday... what was the monday announcement everyone was talking about, i have no idea where to look :?

cmdrkoenig67
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
It's now tuesday... what was the monday announcement everyone was talking about, i have no idea where to look :?

here you go, Dynasty...

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1848&highlight=

Phil
01-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Can I just say something as a moderator here;

Can we keep the bashing of Quesada, Austen and other creators for places other than here.

In the case of Quesada; relating to the downgrading of the series.

a) They're not his personal characters
b) It's not his personal company
c) He's not the sole decision maker of the company
d) It's not his money behind the company
e) We have no idea at all what his opinion was, for all we know he could have voted against the downgrading but been outvoted.

For the record, I'm equally as bummed as most of you, but witchhunts and insults aren't the answer.
Pre-ordering, advertising, spreading the news could possibly be.

Let's get some pre-order OF banners in sigs wherever people post, let's order copies at multiple shops rather than just multiple copies at single shops...

sengsterooney
01-17-2007, 02:17 AM
This will be the comic that brings me back into the fold - whether it be a mini or an ongoing. I'm excited and I've not been excited for a long time. And having MAO on this title is just plain great.

BUT...

Who did the cover of #1? It looks rather Liefeldian (sorta) and I am a bit scandalised by the extreme low and high cut nature of Elizabeth Twoyoungmen's 'costume'.

cmdrkoenig67
01-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Quesada is Editor-In-Chief, Phil....He has a lot of pull in how things work at Marvel. No bashing, witch-hunts or insulting there.

Dana

Ben
01-17-2007, 08:55 AM
This will be the comic that brings me back into the fold - whether it be a mini or an ongoing. I'm excited and I've not been excited for a long time. And having MAO on this title is just plain great.

BUT...

Who did the cover of #1? It looks rather Liefeldian (sorta) and I am a bit scandalised by the extreme low and high cut nature of Elizabeth Twoyoungmen's 'costume'.

Nice to hear you are interested again Seng. Kolins did the art, I don't see anything Liefeldian about it. This cover looks diffenent from his in-book style. The "painted" colour and inks might have something to do with it looking different.

Ben

Phil
01-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Quesada is Editor-In-Chief, Phil....He has a lot of pull in how things work at Marvel. No bashing, witch-hunts or insulting there.

Dana

Doesn't mean he has final say, and doesn't change his birth name to "Joke"

cmdrkoenig67
01-17-2007, 09:43 AM

Dana

Doesn't mean he has final say, and doesn't change his birth name to "Joke"

You got me, Phil.

Dana

Guardian
01-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Let's get some pre-order OF banners in sigs wherever people post, let's order copies at multiple shops rather than just multiple copies at single shops...

Excellent idea Obi-Wan! I'll buy at least one book from every comic shop in my town. I've got 3! Assuming I like the book. But I'm 100% sure I will! 8)

cmdrkoenig67
01-18-2007, 01:55 AM
For the record, I'm equally as bummed as most of you, but witchhunts and insults aren't the answer.
Pre-ordering, advertising, spreading the news could possibly be.

I'll be ordering two copies of Issue one from one store (Newbury Comics). I may use a banner.

Are we being asked to advertize a flight series again(just like Vol 3)?

Dana :?

syvalois
01-18-2007, 09:54 AM

I don't fell it's Liefeldian, but yes, like you, I'm a little bit scandalised by Talisman costume. Mostly, In real life, I know that's impossible to wear in combat whitout everything falling appart. I also know, it's a comic book and reality is not really important, because if it where the case, women would not by with hight eels(sp?) or keeping long hair not attached.

The rest of the costume I like, I would just had hide that big opening, by lacing it, I don't know. But most of all, I was thinking if it were in character to have to kind of costume for Elisabeth and I don't know. Look at the original costume, no underwear is possible there. So, I guess if you expend a little more the concept, it's possible for Talisman to wear that.

So all that to say, I don't like it, but if it's in charcter, I got nothing against it. As long as she do not turn up to be bimbo Talisman, I'm ok with it.

Mokole
01-18-2007, 02:00 PM

In some way, yes, but for Lobdell Flight we were trying to keep the series going and get a new writer/direction so that it would become Alpha Flight and not Tinky Winky Flight. This time it's to make things last with the current creative team doing the writing as Omega Flight, as we expect it to be good from issue #1 on, not goofy and getting sillier as you move along.... :?

Ben
01-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll be ordering two copies of Issue one from one store (Newbury Comics). I may use a banner.

Naw, I think this is a different matter completely. I think the only reason Marvel let Lobdell do his book was because of what he's done for them in the past, but they certainly had no commitment to the title at that point in time. From everything I gatherd in talking to Schmidt, Marvel is behind getting this mini to sell, and should it sell well enough, it will be on thier list of stuff to publish in maxi later. I get the impression we will see advertising for this. They are being plugged in the CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE There has already been an add in Marvel Previews, and the impression I got from Schmidt in an earlier interview is that we can expect to see a several page preview in the next Marvel Previews.

Ben

SephirothsKiller
01-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Another reason why they should get a great creative team together and launch a new AF series featuring Wolverine (just to kick it off)...Maybe make X-23 a member? I'm mostly joking, but hey...It might work...Maybe?

Dana

Seriously, if they promoted "Major changes for Wolverine" in the first issue it would work. I'm all for using such a petty and cheap tactic!

Guardian
01-18-2007, 11:22 PM

so that it would become Alpha Flight and not Tinky Winky Flight.

Tinky Winky Flight! :lol: Sad but true I suppose. I've been tempted a little bit to pick up vol 3 as my LCS has the two trades for it. But I'm sure if I spent $30 US on it I get pissed and burn them after the 1st. issue.

Guardian
01-18-2007, 11:24 PM

Naw, I think this is a different matter completely. I think the only reason Marvel let Lobdell do his book was because of what he's done for them in the past, but they certainly had no commitment to the title at that point in time. From everything I gatherd in talking to Schmidt, Marvel is behind getting this mini to sell, and should it sell well enough, it will be on thier list of stuff to publish in maxi later. I get the impression we will see advertising for this. They are being plugged in the CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE There has already been an add in Marvel Previews, and the impression I got from Schmidt in an earlier interview is that we can expect to see a several page preview in the next Marvel Previews.

Ben

Assuming all this press comes to fruition, this is good news to hear. :)

kozzi24
01-19-2007, 11:37 AM
In some way, yes, but for Lobdell Flight we were trying to keep the series going and get a new writer/direction so that it would become Alpha Flight and not Tinky Winky Flight. This time it's to make things last with the current creative team doing the writing as Omega Flight, as we expect it to be good from issue #1 on, not goofy and getting sillier as you move along.... :?

When did the prior Fight for Flight have a stated objective of a writer change?

cmdrkoenig67
01-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Dana

Seriously, if they promoted "Major changes for Wolverine" in the first issue it would work. I'm all for using such a petty and cheap tactic!

Major changes? ...Like maybe Logan (or James...or whatever) is only in two books a month (AF and his own solo title)? I'd be up for that too.

Dana

Garry/Al-Fan
01-19-2007, 12:53 PM
...when he isn't in it, dropping the sales off, probably dramatically. Depending on Wolverine to sell Omega or Alpha Flight would prove that whoever pitched the idea hasn't thought through their conception of the team/book very well. Omega/Alpha would eventually have to hold its own without Wolverine, and if there isn't anything to go on besides him, the series would be pretty much doomed, anyway.

This I think is true: Omega Flight is not X-Men anymore than Alpha Flight was X-Men.

Believe that we will get a good, complete story in 5 months. I do.

1) Instead of claymation-man, readers are getting The Wrecking Crew.

2) Instead of Centennial and Yukon Jack, readers are getting Sasquatch and Talisman.

3) Instead of a group of newbies who were held out to be Alpha Flight,
readers are getting a lot of the original (true) Alpha Flight.

HappyCanuck
01-20-2007, 01:16 AM
... Who isn't pretending to BE Alpha Flight.

SephirothsKiller
01-20-2007, 04:29 PM
2) Instead of Centennial and Yukon Jack, readers are getting Sasquatch and Talisman.

Dissing Centennial? Whaaat? How can you diss a super old guy who seems to have the power to have the strength of an average 20 year old??? How!!!?

Besides, several times during volume 3 he made a comment about how rediculous things were getting and I thought to myself: "Even he gets how bad Lobell is!"

...And I still want MMJr to be Guardian. Lost Innocence is the best Innocence!

Garry/Al-Fan
01-20-2007, 04:34 PM
...and I, too, appreciated that Centennial knew how absurd the entire series was, but that doesn't change the fact that he and Yukon Jack are not well-liked and will never truly be Alpha Flight.

Canucklehead
01-20-2007, 04:40 PM
...And I still want MMJr to be Guardian. Lost Innocence is the best Innocence!

He wouldn't such a bad Guardian, but again, Oeming said you'd only ever see him again at his gravesite, if that. 8)

Mokole
01-20-2007, 08:00 PM
When did the prior Fight for Flight have a stated objective of a writer change?

I'm not sure it was ever stated, but Quesada hinted once that if the series wasn't liked a new direction/change of writer was possible to get the team out of the funnies. I know that's true. And I know people bought the comic hoping it would improve. I know I did, I had high hopes for the Flashback arc but it failed pretty bad, outside of Henry's art of course.

cmdrkoenig67
01-20-2007, 11:36 PM
...when he isn't in it, dropping the sales off, probably dramatically. Depending on Wolverine to sell Omega or Alpha Flight would prove that whoever pitched the idea hasn't thought through their conception of the team/book very well. Omega/Alpha would eventually have to hold its own without Wolverine, and if there isn't anything to go on besides him, the series would be pretty much doomed, anyway.

Garry.....That is in no way what I had in mind for Wolverine's presense in the book to be.

This I think is true: Omega Flight is not X-Men anymore than Alpha Flight was X-Men.

Believe that we will get a good, complete story in 5 months. I do.

1) Instead of claymation-man, readers are getting The Wrecking Crew.

A lot of the original AF???? In possibly two/three members? Suuuure.

Dana

Mokole
01-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Ah, we know so little of what Omega Flight is to bring us. Will it be Mac or Walter as Guardian (I honestly think the Captain America rumours are goofy)? MML even? Will anyone else but Shaman be dead from New Avengers (I saw the part where Wolverine says to Postman Mike "You killed heroes" today, so now I get that quote's context). Given that, I feel Shaman, MML, Zuzha are dead for sure, Puck and Heather likely (but that is soooo a guess), Mac maybe, especially if he isn't Guardian. But really I'm guessing on pretty much everything; other things cloud my mind too, so my guesses could be getting worse :wink:

Garry/Al-Fan
01-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Ah, we know so little of what Omega Flight is to bring us. Will it be Mac or Walter as Guardian (I honestly think the Captain America rumours are goofy)?...

I'm with you, not really trying to start controversy. I want Omega Flight to succeed. Don't really wish any bad luck on Mighty Avengers, just wish Omega Flight got the same amount of promotion---should at least have been in the 2007 Wizard preview---that MA is getting. A fair shot.

Previous post is about the up-grade in characters. In comparison, the ones so far mentioned are more popular than the ones that aren't the original AF.

DelBubs
01-22-2007, 12:43 PM

Dana
Yeah, I'm with you, I'd rather have nothing at all. :roll:

Garry/Al-Fan
01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
...it would be logical to say something about what happened to Alpha Flight (which, as they appeared in New Avengers# 16, included Guardian, Vindicator, Sasquatch, Puck I, and Shaman (forgot him, of all people) a good portion of original AF). IMO

I don't think another nail in the coffin is what anyone wants, and bringing back the less-popular characters too soon would hamper OF's chances to succeed.

DelBubs
01-22-2007, 01:02 PM
So much for Irony (Ben where's the irony smiley?) I'm with you Gary, there should be some closure to what happened to the originals, but if they are dead then some of the survivors in OF are better than no AF characters at all.

cmdrkoenig67
01-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Dana
Yeah, I'm with you, I'd rather have nothing at all. :roll:

Cut it out, Del...All I'm saying is that 2 or 3 Alphans is not a lot on a team of six....There's no need to be nasty. Half of the team isn't even Canadian, but Marvel is calling them a Canadian team (I'm guessing just because they're based there).

Dana

EDITED for my mis-spelling of "Canadian".

EDITED for more flippin' typos...AAARRGGG!!

DelBubs
01-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Dana, chill. If I was trying to be nasty then I would have been obviously nasty. I was just trying to point out in a round about way that some AF is better than no AF, obviously if you want to take it as me being nasty then I can't stop you.

kozzi24
01-22-2007, 05:41 PM
First let me say, I am GREATLY anticipating Omega Flight.

That caveat out of the way, I harken Alpha to Star Wars, back when Dark Horse started doing the thousand and a half minis.

I'd rather have NO Alpha Flight than BAD Alpha Flight.

Yes, Volume 3, I'm looking at you.

DelBubs
01-22-2007, 05:50 PM
On the vol 3 thing Jeff, I'm 110% with you.

Canucklehead
01-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Agreed. Imagine how much bigger this new series would be if there'd been no Alpha series since V2.

Huge.

DelBubs
01-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Non since vol 1 would have been fine by me, but that's a topic for a whole new thread which I'll get around to starting one day :-)

cmdrkoenig67
01-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Dana, chill. If I was trying to be nasty then I would have been obviously nasty. I was just trying to point out in a round about way that some AF is better than no AF, obviously if you want to take it as me being nasty then I can't stop you.

Puh-lease....What was the :roll: emoticon for then? We obviously don't agree on many things concerning Omega Flight...I've never intentionally flamed you about your views on them. Just because you feel differently is no reason to make sarcastic, nasty (yes nasty) remarks.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
01-23-2007, 01:50 PM
First let me say, I am GREATLY anticipating Omega Flight.

That's partly because you happen to like Spider-Woman II, USAgent, etc...In addition to AF (and that's fine), Some of us don't (that's also fine), Kozzi.

That caveat out of the way, I harken Alpha to Star Wars, back when Dark Horse started doing the thousand and a half minis.

I'd rather have NO Alpha Flight than BAD Alpha Flight.

Yes, Volume 3, I'm looking at you.

I agree....Omigawd, Del....We agree again. :P

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
01-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Agreed. Imagine how much bigger this new series would be if there'd been no Alpha series since V2.

Huge.

True, but the huge change in Marvel's thinking toward Alpha Flight....thus the creation of Omega Flight is mostly (or entirely) due to the suckitude that was Volume 3. If not for Volume 3...We might be seeing a real Alpha Flight series.

Dana :x

DelBubs
01-23-2007, 02:05 PM

Puh-lease....What was the :roll: emoticon for then? We obviously don't agree on many things concerning Omega Flight...I've never intentionally flamed you about your views on them. I happen to agree with Jeff too...Better NO AF, than a badly done AF. Just because you feel differently is no reason to make sarcastic, nasty (yes nasty) remarks.

Dana
If you actually read the further posts you would see that I agree with Jeff to, which would explain my comment about nothing since Vol 1, as my opinions re vol 2 and 3 are out there in the forum for everyone to see.

I get the impression you choose to ignore the things I say that can't be used as a stick to beat me with. I can deal with that, but as to nasty comments, it prolly was nasty with a little tongue in cheek thrown in for good measure. Anyone not looking for a chance to prostrate themselves in abject martyrdom on the altar of the fallen Alphans would prolly have seen that.

You may not have flamed me about our differences, then again I didn't flame you, we had a difference of opinion, I tried to nip it in the bud by PM'ing you and you threw my attempts at reconcilliation back in my face. Since then I've tried to be cordial in response to your posts. I prolly was snippy, but when I see this forum being portrayed as something it's not on other forums it irks and I reacted to that. I could have tempered my response, but let emotion lead the way. In future I shall try to be less confrontational.

cmdrkoenig67
01-23-2007, 02:22 PM
If you actually read the further posts you would see that I agree with Jeff to, which would explain my comment about nothing since Vol 1, as my opinions re vol 2 and 3 are out there in the forum for everyone to see.

I did read your later posts and commented on them...If you didn't notice.

I get the impression you choose to ignore the things I say that can't be used as a stick to beat me with. I can deal with that, but as to nasty comments, it prolly was nasty with a little tongue in cheek thrown in for good measure. Anyone not looking for a chance to prostrate themselves in abject martyrdom on the altar of the fallen Alphans would prolly have seen that.

I'm merely reacting to a sarcastic and very pointed post from you...Directed at me. The Martyr comment above is another example of what I mean...But I'll ignore that additional nasty remark. Thanks ever so much for it.

You may not have flamed me about our differences, then again I didn't flame you, we had a difference of opinion, I tried to nip it in the bud by PM'ing you and you threw my attempts at reconcilliation back in my face.

Not true...I chose to keep my responses very small, because at the time I was very pissed (and your "attempts at reconcilliation" were sarcastic then too). I don't think displaying what was said in PMs for the whole board to see is terribly wise either, hence I never said anything about it...You obviously don't feel the same.

Since then I've tried to be cordial in response to your posts. I prolly was snippy, but when I see this forum being portrayed as something it's not on other forums it irks and I reacted to that.

"when I see this forum being portrayed as something it's not on other forums" What do you mean by that? Nevermind...Maybe you should PM me about it, if you intend to answer.

I could have tempered my response, but let emotion lead the way. In future I shall try to be less confrontational.

Thanks for that.

Dana

DelBubs
01-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Okay, I think the boards have had enough of our bickering. So for anything I have said recently that has annoyed or upset you I apologise unreservedly. The initial source of our disagreements I can't change and would prolly choose not to as I stand by my sentiments at that time. However that is in the past and I think it should stay there.

As regards my other concerns that I mentioned in my previous posts, again I will drop anything relating to them in future posts. I'm here to discuss Alpha/Omega and all things connected. The rest is embarassing as at our age we should really know better.

cmdrkoenig67
01-23-2007, 03:11 PM
The rest is embarassing as at our age we should really know better.

Hey! Who're you calling old?! :wink:

DelBubs
01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
The rest is embarassing as at our age we should really know better.

Yeah but before you surreptitiously removed your birthdate from your profile :wink: I noticed :shock: Granted I do have a few years on you, but I'm preserved in alcohol :lol:

Le Messor
01-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah but before you surreptitiously removed your birthdate from your profile :wink: I noticed :shock: Granted I do have a few years on you, but I'm preserved in alcohol :lol:

I had my birth date changed by deed poll.

Phil
01-23-2007, 11:42 PM
If it's any consolation, I feel older than everyone right now, and reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally need alcohol; preservation or otherwise.

Garry/Al-Fan
01-24-2007, 11:58 AM
First let me say, I am GREATLY anticipating Omega Flight...I'd rather have NO Alpha Flight than BAD Alpha Flight.

Way back when (in the 80s), it was asked if a monthly-but-uninspired Alpha Flight was better than no Alpha Flight at all, and I said no Alpha Flight at all was better than a poorly-executed Alpha Flight. AF#s 29 through 66 seem to bear out the terrible damage of a "crappy" Alpha Flight. That's a lot of issues, well over 2 years worth.

A good mini-series should pave the way for a long-lasting series. I hope.

SephirothsKiller
01-26-2007, 12:27 AM
First let me say, I am GREATLY anticipating Omega Flight...I'd rather have NO Alpha Flight than BAD Alpha Flight.

Way back when (in the 80s), it was asked if a monthly-but-uninspired Alpha Flight was better than no Alpha Flight at all, and I said no Alpha Flight at all was better than a poorly-executed Alpha Flight. AF#s 29 through 66 seem to bear out the terrible damage of a "crappy" Alpha Flight. That's a lot of issues, well over 2 years worth.

A good mini-series should pave the way for a long-lasting series. I hope.

Hmmm... I didn't mind some of those issues, but there were definately major problems during Mantlo's run.

What was I gonna say here? Oh right. Does anybody know if Captain Marvel is getting an ongoing as it appears? I fail to see what HE did to deserve get this. When I read Civil War: The Return today I was so dissapointed I wanted to march to New York and demand Marvel give me my money back.

-K-M-
01-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Captain Marvel pulled the same thing Barry Allen did to come back.

Phil
01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
It's cos Marvel have to publish a Captain Marvel title every few years else they lose the copyright on the name and DC can take it for their Captain Marvel.

kozzi24
01-28-2007, 12:43 PM
It's cos Marvel have to publish a Captain Marvel title every few years else they lose the copyright on the name and DC can take it for their Captain Marvel.

True, but I don't think it's been that long since the last series ended.

I agree with SephirothsKiller entirely, and I say that with someone with the entire run of Captain Marvel, since the original title. The original lasted for 62 issues...barely over half of Alpha. Aaaaaaaaaaand...the title had been mostly bi-monthly, and cancelled several times, but back in the 70's, when they restarted a series, they did not start with a new #1. One of Starlin's changes was to make Mar-vell's hair blonde rather than white, because TPTB felt the white hair made him look old and unrelatable to the younger target audiences. The character's greatness was in Starlin's run. Before and after he was never an unqualified hit.

So what does make him more of a concept to be retried in its original concept than Alpha?

Personally, iof Marvel wants to vanguard the name, they should be hiring Roger Stern to write a Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel series.