PDA

View Full Version : alpha flight classic in april

varo
01-16-2007, 12:25 PM
figured with all this bad news, some good may be warranted.

comes out in april.

ALPHA FLIGHT CLASSIC VOL. 1
The Story: Guardian! Shaman! Snowbird! Aurora! Northstar! Puck! Marrina! Sasquatch! Exploding from the pages of X-MEN, Alpha Flight goes solo! Canada's premier super human strike force, Alpha Flight was brought together by Department H for the greater good of humankind, to battle injustice and evil forces across the globe – including the Master of the World, Tundra, Kolomaq, Deadly Ernest and Delphine Courtney! Featuring cameos by the Sub-Mariner, Invisible Woman, Wolverine and Nightcrawler! Collecting ALPHA FLIGHT #1-8.
208 PGS./Rated A …$24.99

Snowsquatch
01-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Cool. I'd buy.

Adam
01-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Can't wait for these. I'm so thrilled we're finally getting bookshelf copies of the Byrne era.

DMK
01-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Hmnn. The ability to ditch some of my floppies for a more easily stored bookshelf edition? Ok, sold! It's not often I buy trades of comics I already own, but hey... it is Alpha Flight.

Adam
01-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Hmnn. The ability to ditch some of my floppies for a more easily stored bookshelf edition? Ok, sold! It's not often I buy trades of comics I already own, but hey... it is Alpha Flight.

Well I don't know about you but I wouldn't be ditching the single issues or anything :)

I'm a sucker for trades though. If I've bought a series all the way through and I've genuinely enjoyed it I'm often very tempted to grab the collected edition for the sake of re-readability, despite the whole "paying twice" aspect. I find re-reading a series from the issues a huge pain in the ass.

Obsidian3d
01-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Me too. I like being able to read my favorite books every month, but going back to read them again in single issue format is a serious pain. I may pick this up, even though I have a full run of vol 1 and 2.

DelBubs
01-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm definately in for this as well. My early issues are looking very dog eared now so this format saves them further damage. Hopefully we'll get further editions as well.

birdygirl
01-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Yes! Yes! :D What wonderful news, especially in light of the disappointing item about Omega Flight, (five-issue mini-series, indeed!). If this sells well, who knows if this might bring back the original Alpha Flight? Well, just an idea....

cmdrkoenig67
01-16-2007, 03:17 PM
YAY!!! Thanks you so much for the heads-up, Varo!

Dana :D :o :D

EDITED TO ADD: Hey...Good thought, Birdygirl!

kozzi24
01-17-2007, 02:50 AM
"Wp;verine & Nightcrawler" guest starring in something that covers only the first 8 issues?

Will this trade also be including the X-Men/Alpha/Wendigo battle from X-Men 139-40?

If so, isn't that kind of poor marketing not to mention it in the release?

Ottawa Renegade
01-17-2007, 08:43 AM
"Wp;verine & Nightcrawler" guest starring in something that covers only the first 8 issues?

Will this trade also be including the X-Men/Alpha/Wendigo battle from X-Men 139-40?

If so, isn't that kind of poor marketing not to mention it in the release?

Maybe, which would be strange since we know their promotion of Alpha-related material has been bang-on in the recent past. :wink:

DelBubs
01-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I think they are referring to the UXM #139-140 flashback sequence from AF #1.

Guardian
01-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Sweet! I'll be picking this book up. I've already got the entire original vol. but hey, I can't pass this up. :D

PWalk
01-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Well it's about effing time. Only been looking for them to do this for the last 15 years.

Le Messor
01-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Only been looking for them to do this for the last 15 years.

Me, too! Maybe not quite that long.

Is it in colour? Is it? Tell me it's in colour!

- Le Messor
"I only dream in infrared."
- Queensrÿche

cmdrkoenig67
01-18-2007, 03:13 AM
It should be, the Champions Classic was in color.

Dana

SephirothsKiller
01-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Yah, I'll be picking this up for sure. I can't wait to see the colours in all of their bright and (glossy?) glory.

Garry/Al-Fan
01-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Cash cow and suckers. Somebody's thinking cash cow and suckers.

PWalk
01-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Cash cow and suckers. Somebody's thinking cash cow and suckers.

Moo!, now pass the teet.

I actually stopped in the LCS today and put in an order for it whenever it becomes available.

SephirothsKiller
01-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Wait, 24.99? No Frikken way! That's like a billion Canadian dollars!

Garry/Al-Fan
01-20-2007, 04:29 PM
The full arc should be in the first compilation: AFv1 #'s 1 through 12. If that doesn't get readers pumped up for the next installment while simultaneously giving them a full story, than anything less is a gyp. Especially at $24.99. Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy the actual comics themselves and save some money? Will there even be something extra in this compilation that isn't already in the first 8 issues? Bah!

Lastly, I don't see MARVEL encouraging the fans of MIGHTY AVENGERS to go out and promote that book. This is really a big frikkin' cheap shot! Not only is MA getting promoted in WIZARD's 2007 preview---something that OMEGA FLIGHT didn't get---MA had a cover-featured article on them in the October issue.

This reeks beyond belief! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Le Messor
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Wait, 24.99? No Frikken way! That's like a billion Canadian dollars!

Try buying in Australia some time!

- Le Messor
"Affordably priced at $50 US."
- CSN, trying to figure out how to annoy me.