PDA

View Full Version : The Fight For The Flight is Joined!

Ben
01-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Hello folks. As you all know, Marvel has decided that Omega Flight is too much of a risk to hold the status of a regular series at this point in time. Omega Flight writer Michael Avon Oeming was informed that should sales number prove the title as viable, they would then consider making it a full length series.

Fans can do a few thing to help Marvel see that Omega should be given it's fair chance to shine. The really need proof in numbers, and in words. It is for this reason that the "Fight For The Flight (http://save.alphaflight.net)" has been reborn.

On the site is a form to fill out that will email the editorial staff at Marvel, Joe Quesada included. Marvel's snail mail address is also there, as real letters can carry more weight sometimes, so I encourage you to do both. There are banners for linking to the site to get others interested. I encourage you to add these banner links to you signatures on other site, post messages on other forums, and add the banners to your own web sites. Spread the word, get people talking, and most importantly, lets show Marvel that choosing Omega Flight as a regular series is in their own best interest.

I do ask that your letters be polite, though to the point. Rude letters will be disregarded by Marvel.

Ben

-K-M-
01-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Awesome Ben, I already been posting the link on several boards.

Effexxor
01-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I made a facebook group. -.-' It may do something.

http://doane.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2229746792

Ben
01-16-2007, 10:40 PM
I made a facebook group. -.-' It may do something.

http://doane.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2229746792

Every bit counts!

Ben

Ottawa Renegade
01-16-2007, 10:47 PM
My plea has been submitted. 8)

-K-M-
01-16-2007, 11:30 PM
My plea has been submitted

Mokole
01-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Doing what I can, posting where I can.

Several emails now, 5 posts, see what more I can get started. Two friends already posting where I don't. :D

Garry/Al-Fan
01-17-2007, 12:22 PM
...showing support for the mini-series and hoping for some concrete numbers so everyone will know what will be too low for MARVEL to reconsider making OMEGA FLIGHT an on-going series.

Also asked for some promotion via an in-depth article in WIZARD (like Mighty Avengers), so OMEGA FLIGHT can get some much-needed exposure, too.

Transmetropolitan
01-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Sent in my own response.

Kept it civil.... although I did feel compelled to pont out that this was the first title they've mentioned in YEARS that I've even thought of buying on an issue by issue basis.

I think my exact words were, "I was lured back to Marvel, not by Civil War or any such 'event,' but by the promise of a well-written regular monthly title in the hands of a creative staff I've come to respect."

Guardian
01-18-2007, 01:42 AM
Awsome idea Ben. I'll certainly do more than my part!

Guardian
01-18-2007, 02:29 AM
My first email has been sent and I posted links to a forum I frequent often. I'll do much more in the coming days.

-K-M-
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
How many emails have been sent out Ben?

Ben
01-26-2007, 12:38 AM
How many emails have been sent out Ben?

it's slowed down a bit last few days, around 90 now

Ben

-K-M-
01-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Still good number, but wish it was higher.

Ben
01-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Still good number, but wish it was higher.

should be much higher once the book comes out, lots of people holding out 'till #1

Ben