PDA

View Full Version : Mike Oeming Interview with AF.net on mini-series

Ben
01-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Hello folks. Michael Oeming has discussed the alteration of the series to a mini with me. Enjoy, comment, tell the world :)

http://www.alphaflight.net/interviews/oeming_interview2.php

Ben

SephirothsKiller
01-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Dayum Ben! You're on the ball here! Awesome interview! I'm still skeptical about the budget being a solid reason, since there's the whole "Marvel is gonna make ***-loads of money off Spidey 3 (and probably GR too,) and therefore has some money to invest in growing a series. But whatever. I'm just grateful for what I have at the moment. And that's a five issue series featuring AF characters and their friends.

Sad not to see BRB and his stuff, but if an ongoing happens we'll get it I bet! I'd really like to know the numbers we need for an ongoing though... Would anything in the top 100 of sales do? Top 50? Top 25? Top Pi?

.... And this is why I shouldn't post whilst tired. I ramble.

Ben
01-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Dayum Ben! You're on the ball here! Awesome interview!

That's what they pay me for....you guys are paying me....right?.... 8-[

Ben

-K-M-
01-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Great stuff sucks about the Beta Ray Bill story

Ben you adding the Talisman pic to the alphanex? or keeping the original?

Canucklehead
01-19-2007, 08:27 AM

Great interview Benny. The check is in the mail. 8)

HappyCanuck
01-20-2007, 01:20 AM

Great interview Benny. The check is in the mail. 8)

And considering a Canadian said 'check' instead of 'cheque', it means 'be careful of packages from New Brunswick'.

Guardian
01-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Dayum Ben! You're on the ball here! Awesome interview!

Ben

Good interview. Thanks again Ben.

Do you take wooden nickels? :)

Mokole
01-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Yah, like they allowed Runaways to sell horribly for no other reason than they wanted it to succeed. It was down below the water line for months but Q and all 'believed in it' and reboot it, no cancels. Of course Q has his own fave character in She-Hulk, which got reboots twice instead of cancelled when it dropped below 20000 units. Economics my butt. :shock:

If that were an issue post-CW then why not release the ongoing OF in December after Choosing Sides, since it's painfully obvious that Civil War and Frontline have nothing what so ever to do with Omega Flight. Or did I miss Sasquatch and BRB talking to Iron Man about taking in USAgent, or reporters in Frontline talking to Talisman about the foreign reaction to the SRA? :lol:

Sometimes, it's all about misdirection. After all, we still don't know who died in NA and it's a year later. It's not that nobody died, it's that they want us to think that AF deaths in NA are somehow important to Civil War or some other storyline, which they clearly aren't. :?

New Warriors fans knew who of their group was dead and what happened to any others, us... limbo dancing. Just for the purpose of misdirection. :roll:

kozzi24
01-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Runaways got the second chance because the digest trades did incredibly well in bookstores.

SephirothsKiller
01-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Runaways got the second chance because the digest trades did incredibly well in bookstores.

+1.

Add to that the fact that the Runaways is an incredibly good book which it just wouldn't seem right to cancel after already being committed to a series. Kind of like how The Office started off really badly in terms of ratings, but the head of NBC thought "But its such a good show!" and kept it on the list until it started to do really well.

I love The Office. I think I might go watch last weeks episode again...