PDA

View Full Version : Scott Kolins talks Mini + New art

Ben
01-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey folks, check it out. Scott and I just talked about the mini, plus his new art-style. Scott shows the pencil versions of some issue art.

http://www.alphaflight.net/interviews/kolins_interview2.php

Ben

DelBubs
01-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Another good interview Ben. Any chance you can stop hobnobbing with creative types and deal with other problems affecting the world :?: :roll: :P :P

What I got from that interview is that I want to see the cover to Issue #3. :wink:

Ben
01-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Another good interview Ben. Any chance you can stop hobnobbing with creative types and deal with other problems affecting the world :?: :roll: :P :P

What I got from that interview is that I want to see the cover to Issue #3. :wink:

I'm working on wold peace, I'll get back to you on that one

Canucklehead
01-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Great interview as always Ben!

The shaded 2 page spread definitely pulls out a lot more then the original line drawing we saw. Gives a great 3 dimentional feel. Looks like Kolins found a new niche :wink: . Hopefully it will get him noticed more and more work will come his way... Omega Flight work, that is 8)

Mokole
01-22-2007, 01:56 PM
guy takes his craft seriously, us too. Hopefully when #6 comes out in September, they'll still be the creative team. And beyond :o

-K-M-
01-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I like Talisman's oversized jewel on err..her talisman. To me it shows growth in character and power.

Le Messor
01-22-2007, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing who the character Andy Schmidt pulled is. Since it won't show up in the mini, I don't think it'd be a spoiler to tell us!

While I love Talisman's costume redesign-and the way BRB's colour scheme complements hers-I agree she's begging for a Janet moment. A simple string across the top would fix that. (Between the two corners of her collar).
If not fix, then go a long way towards it.

- Le Messor
"The boys light up!"
-- Aussie Crawl

Canucklehead
01-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing who the character Andy Schmidt pulled is. Since it won't show up in the mini, I don't think it'd be a spoiler to tell us!

I have a feeling it's the blue/white "Wendigo" creature at the bottom of that first released pages. I remember Oeming said the creature was edited out of the book so they didn't mind showing it.

Corvus
01-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the interview. Though when I saw "new art" in the title, I was hoping for a coloured version of the page with Sasquatch going after the Wrecking Crew. I've been dying to see that since the coloured version of the first page came out, the art is amazing. Nice to see the pencils you had though, since we've now seen three different stages of the development of that page, its sort of like watching it evolve.

I'm still not really sold on the Talisman costume though. It looks like it would need tape to hold it on. You can say that about all sorts of female super hero costumes though.

Ben
01-22-2007, 09:50 PM
To see new shaded style in perspective, I've put 3 panels together, you can see it just line art, his new shaded art, and his shaded art in colour.

http://www.alphaflight.net/storage/kolins_stages.jpg

Ben

Phil
01-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Man... that tonal work is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a b&w variant of #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, props to Scott.

SephirothsKiller
01-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Flippin' Fantastic! I'm astonished at Kollin's tonal work. I assumed that the colourist was insanely motivated and did it himself. I LOVE the new designs, but I feel that Kollins is going to be in super high demand soon and we may see someone co-opting him. If Marvel wants OF to succeed they should advertise his new style.

I too, would not mind a BW variant of numero uno.

Guardian
01-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Excellent interview Ben. Thanks Scott.

Guardian
01-23-2007, 01:48 AM
To see new shaded style in perspective, I've put 3 panels together, you can see it just line art, his new shaded art, and his shaded art in colour.

http://www.alphaflight.net/storage/kolins_stages.jpg

Ben

As Tony the Tiger would say, his shaded art is grrrrrrreat! :) You guys get Frosted Flakes in Canada right? :P