PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine #50 back up story.

SephirothsKiller
01-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Features Wolverine back when he was working for Department H! So I figured that I would post this in the "news" section. Its pretty sweet actually. It recounts the whole "Wolverine Vs. Hulk" thing and he talks about how he wanted Heather to get rid of the whiskers on his cowl. Its also drawn old school. It took me back to the good old days! ...Before I was born.

It looks to me like this could be a way for Marvel to subversively promote Omega Flight! (And its a fun story.)

-K-M-
01-25-2007, 10:17 PM
It actually annoyed me, "I hate Canada", what the hell was that? Also Wolverine directly stated Alpha Flight was a good idea, and they should continue doing what they do. Yet he makes it seem here like they were pointless, and Wolverine has directly stated on multiple occasions he still feels he is Canadian, hell he roots for the Toronto Maple Leafs
---
I did like the "dream" scene of the U.Hulk vs. U.Wolverine rip scene

Canucklehead
01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
hell he roots for the Toronto Maple Leafs

What!? Since when? I assumed he'd have better taste.

-K-M-
01-25-2007, 10:23 PM

X-Men Deadly Genesis #1 shows an annoyed Wolverine who was pulled away from the Leafs game on tv.

Canucklehead
01-25-2007, 10:30 PM
I remember a Weapon X - Team 7 crossover where Wolvie mentions the Habs. Maybe he just watches whatever team is on the CBC that night :wink:

-K-M-
01-25-2007, 10:31 PM
I remember a Weapon X - Team 7 crossover where Wolvie mentions the Habs. Maybe he just watches whatever team is on the CBC that night :wink:

Could be, one of his minis was called "Wolverine: Son of Canada" after all.

Phil
01-26-2007, 12:15 AM

Could be, one of his minis was called "Wolverine: Son of Canada" after all.

Eh? Which one?

-K-M-
01-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Eh? Which one?

Which one what? his favorite team? *shrugs* I've seen him watch a few Leafs game, but it all could be just what was on CBC

SephirothsKiller
01-26-2007, 12:22 AM
It actually annoyed me, "I hate Canada", what the hell was that?

I believe he was being sarcastic. (Jeph Loeb usually bombs in his attempts at humour, Wolverine just ended up sounding like Ben Grimm) His Canadianess has been played up alot lately. The fact that alot of bad stuff has happened up in Canada might have caused him to say this thoug. I wouldn't mind a statement from Jeph Loeb on the issue anyway. I still liked the issue though.

As for his nationality, I think he wears two hats:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/covers/image.asp?ID=5858&CAT=cover

The Canadian flag variant edition is worth 70 dollars already!!

-K-M-
01-26-2007, 12:39 AM
I believe he was being sarcastic. (Jeph Loeb usually bombs in his attempts at humour, Wolverine just ended up sounding like Ben Grimm) His Canadianess has been played up alot lately. The fact that alot of bad stuff has happened up in Canada might have caused him to say this thoug. I wouldn't mind a statement from Jeph Loeb on the issue anyway. I still liked the issue though.

As for his nationality, I think he wears two hats:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/covers/image.asp?ID=5858&CAT=cover

But he has also had the best experiences in Canada

At my store their selling it for 150

Phil
01-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Eh? Which one?

Which one what? his favorite team? *shrugs* I've seen him watch a few Leafs game, but it all could be just what was on CBC

No, I meant a mini called Son of Canada... I've never seen such a thing.

-K-M-
01-26-2007, 11:18 AM
No, I meant a mini called Son of Canada... I've never seen such a thing.

Sorry it was a one-shot

Blaastar was the main villian and Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man and somone else had to work together to free all the heroes.

Phil
01-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Ahhh, a Doritos promotional giveaway only available in the States.
That explains a lot.

SephirothsKiller
01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
hell he roots for the Toronto Maple Leafs

Oh no you didn't!! Now you must pay!

Canucklehead
01-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh no you didn't!! Now you must pay!

Haha we'll see who wins Saturday night 8)

-K-M-
01-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Ahhh, a Doritos promotional giveaway only available in the States.
That explains a lot.

Yeah, it was bad..they did mention Alpha Flight and Puck though.

kozzi24
01-28-2007, 01:00 PM

An item is worth what soemone is willing to pay. Even if a store is selling it for $150, if no one's buying, it really isn't worth that much!